Reaction score
67b0a1ably1gplgxgwx8dj229d2nte84.jpg

Photographer: Leslie Zhang
Creative Director & Stylist: Coke HO
Hair: Bon Fan Zhang
Makeup: Yooyo Keong Ming
Producer: Oolong
Set Designer: Zhang Tong, Chai Shujie, Beiyuan

text.jpg 174079303_915730759001797_5761643421063639823_n.jpg 007coMPKgy1gpkd8jy7hlj30u011i1l5.jpg 9e0bc68aly1gplhre6o8aj218g1jkqv7.jpg 174478597_1151914841990684_6794116178707183720_n.jpg 67b0a1ably1gplgxb5wwbj218g1jk4qs.jpg 9e0bc68aly1gplhsj22okj218g1jk4qs.jpg 007coMPKgy1gpkdbxwltaj30u011i1l5.jpg 007coMPKgy1gpkd8jy7hlj30u011i1l5.jpg 007coMPKgy1gpkd8mdn1oj30u011ib2h.jpg
WSJ China Digital Edition

Last edited by a moderator:
Leslie Zhang for Vogue China, WSJ China, and Wallpaper China with a similar looking concept?

They were short-changed (unless there's a sponsorship I don't know of)

^Yes, totally. It looks like the photographers actually care!

I have been watching the films of Wong Kar-wai and it's obvious to me that their level of photography is almost imposible to achieve, the In The Mood For Love shots may be nice enough but the Fallen Angels one look like a parody, particularly because no man compares to Takeshi Kaneshiro. The Chungking Express ones should also have been cut.

The still photographer for Wong Kar-wai did a fashion shoot a long time ago and you could tell that was the real deal from a mile away.

The edit is crazy uneven but I'm crazy about the last four shots, very intimate. Xiao Wen Ju has become the official face of chinese fashion and, considering her recent work, I couldn't be happier.

That Wong Kar-Wai-inspired editorial had me yelling “YASSS!!!”

Especially since I’m now waiting for my “World of Wong Kar Wai” boxset from Criterion to arrive.

I have been watching the films of Wong Kar-wai and it's obvious to me that their level of photography is almost imposible to achieve, the In The Mood For Love shots may be nice enough but the Fallen Angels one look like a parody, particularly because no man compares to Takeshi Kaneshiro. The Chungking Express ones should also have been cut.

The still photographer for Wong Kar-wai did a fashion shoot a long time ago and you could tell that was the real deal from a mile away.

The edit is crazy uneven but I'm crazy about the last four shots, very intimate. Xiao Wen Ju has become the official face of chinese fashion and, considering her recent work, I couldn't be happier.
Yess even their Cosmopolitan & Marie Claire Cover is better than Vogue... Chinese Fashion publication is another level

Were you talking about Wing Shya? He's been doing photoshoots for Chinese glossies every now and then, but everything was even close to those he did for Wong imho

Wong Kar-wai + Christopher Doyle. I have always been A FAN!!

and Miss Ju, she always delivers!!

Thank God they still know what fashion photography is In China unlike in many of the other major markets.

so many amazing shots! wish it had been properly split though as there are clear and different movie inspirations.

makes me want to rewatch Wong Kar-Wai’s movies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misslola
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->