Xiao Wen Ju

That L'Oreal project is lensed by I&V.

Would like if they collaborate more. Think the duo could do a lot more with Xiao Wen in some creative and otherworldly fashion stories. I know they like her and could get it out of her. Perhaps in a different publication for a change.

Adore the shot though.

Really awesome to see Xiao Wen nab a FW16 campaign and that by McDean! Love the purple.

Damn! Xiao's campaigns marathon is unstoppable at the moment! Her agency is really doing a great job.

^She is definitely an industry darling and one of the most beautifully animated and appealing models right now, she deserves them!!

Grey Jason Wu Launches With Martha Hunt, Zosia Mamet, Constance Jablonski, and Mirosl

Source: Vogue.com

#JimmyChooFW16
Creative Director: Trey Laird
Ph: Craig McDean
Stylist: Sarah M. Richardson
Hair: Shay Ashal
Makeup: Diane Kendal
Casting: Ashley Brokaw

fashnberry.com

The Coveteur August 2015
Xiao Wen Ju
Ph: Erik Tanner
Stylist: Kerri Scales

By: Meagan Wilson

It's no longer up for debate: today's current crop of models have unequivocally earned their 'super' prefix. After a decade plus of actress-clad covers, they're all over the newsstands, all over our newsfeeds, and, well, being covered in the news. Purists can protest but numbers don't lie—with Paris Fashion Week regulars averaging a few hundred thousand (or a few million!) followers each, the current crop of girls dominating runways are bona fide household names.

It's fitting, then, that this here world wide web is precisely what gets so many girls discovered in the first place. Take Xiao Wen Ju, the Chinese model who, "was discovered on the street", but it wasn't until one whirlwind trip to New York Fashion Week that things really started to take off. “They asked me to do a model competition. I did the competition, and then I went to Beijing to be a professional model. IMG found my picture on the internet and they asked me, ‘Do you want to come to New York to do New York Fashion Week?’ And, I said, 'yeah, why not?'"

That "why not" response has since snowballed into a career that spans countless covers and editorials of international Vogues, dozens of runways and a handful of buzzy campaigns. Thanks in part to a well-honed instinct for styling herself when she's off the runway and endless bounds of energy that manifest in endless face-pulling (more on both of those points later). She's made her name on the street style circuit, too. The better part of Ju's wardrobe, though, is dedicated to Babyghost, the contemporary label that just so happens to be headed up by her roommates, Josh Hupper and Qiaoran Huang, and for which the model serves as unofficial muse. Sprinkled among her separates from the brand were 3.1 Phillip Lim, Kenzo and Opening Ceremony biker jackets and Ann Demeulemeester, Balenciaga and Alaïa booties. Bonus cool girl points go to the calligraphy set (a hobby of hers), the Chinese translation of Just Kids and Bianca Chandon deck we spotted around her place.

Jetset career aside, Ju's ultimately a girl after our own heart—by way of the stomach, of course. As we talked favorite spots in the city, the model copped to food serving as the best medicine for homesickness. “I can’t cook, but four years ago, I first went to Xi’an Famous Food. It’s my hometown’s food and it made me cry. It tastes great and I go there all the time. [When I first moved here], I didn’t have friends and I didn’t know the city, so every time I felt really upset, I would always go there. It’s my stomach holding my heart.” A sentiment we whole-heartedly back, of course.

thecoveteur.com

“[Before I started modeling] I had no idea what I wanted to do and now I’m here. Maybe I’ll be a flight attendant, because I want to travel everywhere. I really want to go to Rome, and still I haven’t gone there. When I was in middle school, I watched a TV show talking about Rome and I felt like, oh my god that’s my dream place.”

“[In China, I miss] the food, and also my parents. Sometimes I feel really sorry for them because I’m an only child.”

“The Japanese food in New York is really great. We all love to go to the East Village to eat at Shabu-Tatsu, like, all the time.”

“It’s totally different between the U.S., and China. Here I feel really free, like I can do whatever I want to do, and I’m discovering myself. In China, I grew up there, and all my life I felt like my parents gave it to me. Here, I feel like I’ve built up my own empire [and done] everything myself.”

thecoveteur.com

"There is one shoot—the very, very first shoot I did… I can’t swim, but my agency didn’t say anything. I was on set and they asked me to go underwater, and I was like oh my god, how can I do it? And my face was like going like this [makes a crazy face] It was so funny. I still can’t swim!”

“I really like Phillip Lim, because I feel like he’s a real person and he always touches my heart. Actually, he found me when I was in Hong Kong before I came here and then he booked me before I came here for New York Fashion Week. We’re kind of friends now.”

“There is one show that almost made me cry: Tom Ford, last season. Tom Ford was taking his final walk and the music was really moving. And because we could see a little bit from backstage, the music and everything, just the single man walking on the runway, it almost made me cry.”
thecoveteur.com

“Babyghost is kind of older than me. Just by one year. We kind of grew up together, for me, I feel like we’re all kids together. I’m really close with the designers—it’s like falling in love with them. I have a lot of passion for them, and they say I’m their muse. I feel like the three [of us] together, it’s kind of like we can’t live without each other. I love all the clothes, but the one [I love most] is still the white tank top.”

“For Babyghost, I always give them my ideas. When I see the film [I made with them], I feel I really did something there.”

thecoveteur.com

“[For beauty], I really don’t do anything special. I just cleanse. But sometimes I don’t cleanse, because I’m so tired, I just go to bed and I wake up with everything [still on]. I’ve used La Mer for a really long time because I’m too lazy to change, and I don’t know what products or brands I would change to.”

“[I would describe my personal style as] cool and sexy.”

“[In my bag I carry] a notebook, cell phone and maybe a lipstick.”

“I enjoy styling myself. I like pulling everything together and making something my style. Everyday before I go out, I look in the mirror and I think, 'hmm add something special for a more personal feeling'. I really want to style a TV series. I want to put outfits on the actors and actresses. It’s kind of my dream come true!”

thecoveteur.com

Show Package – New York S/S 17: IMG (Women)

models.com

Am actually curious to see what may happen this season for Xiao Wen. She's operating on a different level now so hopefully she'll walk. Should be fun and interesting.

And wanna know what she did with Ajak. Looking forward to that too.

L'Oréal F/W 2016

US Cosmopolitan October Digital Edition

American Eagle Fall 2016 Campaign

fashionista

why she skips this season? it's not like no shows would book her anymore and I'm sure she would get some quality shows if she walks

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fs3322
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->