Y/Project F/W 2021.22 Paris

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by YohjiAddict, Apr 21, 2021.

1. YohjiAddict

YohjiAddict Well-Known Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

vogue.com

Phuel likes this.
  2. YohjiAddict

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

vogue.com

LustforFashion and Phuel like this.
  3. jeanclaude

jeanclaude Well-Known Member

Margiela meets Yamamoto (and they have a one-night stand).

HelgaZ, bc collector and Phuel like this.
  4. dior_couture1245

dior_couture1245 Fat Karl

Some looks are just a bit too fussy or overdone, but there's actually some nice things, here.
    The oyster grey nylon (or shantung?) column dress with neckline rouching is really nice...and the Prince of Wales plaid mini dress with the same neckline rouching is also quite pretty.

In fact, there's something very Hussein Chalayan 2002-2004 about this whole collection, which I think is actually quite refreshing and surprising. I wish Chalayan's collections these days looked more like this than what he's been churning out for the last number of years...

Frida likes this.
  5. avonlea002

avonlea002 Well-Known Member

There are interesting garments but heavy styling is too distracting. I felt tired after 3 looks.

6. YohjiAddict

Yes a bit Yamamoto with the whole caught-in-the-breeze construction, which can get messy but when it works is really charming.

I was very surprised that I liked a Y/Project show, I'm usually very repelled by his style, I sense some much needed maturity and a move away from the hiked-up bodysuit hybrids, banlieusard doom and gloom, Berlin club kid look and other such proclivities...it's still very of the moment but the formal experimentation makes this feel so much more alive than Balenciaga, Marine Serre and co. It's more than everyday clothes, not just more expensive.

7. Salvatore

Salvatore Wanderlust

Genuine question, but are these clothes actually fun to wear ? It feels, to me, that there's too much going on, even if I were to separate the pieces. Fashion is not always easy to wear, per se, but this feels like it would be a struggle to wear. I could be absolutely wrong and am curious for anyone that has purchased from this brand or dresses like this.

vetemente likes this.
  8. Nomar

Nomar Well-Known Member

A lot of the knits and shirting is actually quite great but the standout pieces are the long coats with the hidden vents. So good.

9. vetemente

vetemente Member

i have purchased from them some pieces but usually the "easier" pieces like some t shirts, polo shirts and jackets. They are not difficult to wear since the internal construction doesnt obstruct the way you wear, and you dont necessarily feel harder to move about in them.
    I do feel their clothes with the different materials and layerings etc look more flattering on slimmer people.

Salvatore likes this.
  10. Summer Day

Summer Day Well-Known Member

I've purchased asymmetrical sweater, wrap. Will admit I was confused on how to wear it. It's definitely a stand out piece but much different compared to anything else I own. I enjoy wearing it for uniqueness. Great conversation piece.

Salvatore likes this.
  11. Salvatore

Salvatore Wanderlust

Thanks for the info vetemente and Summer Day ! I appreciate that. I've never seen it in a shop in person and am curious to go check it out.