Yay or Nay for Lip Stain

Reaction score
I guess I was blessed with Angelina type lips.. but sometimes I feel like they are too big. I really don't like lipstick- so I never wear it. And whenever I wear lipgloss I feel like the color is either too dark or too pink, and the gloss makes my lips even bigger and take over my face lol. So I usually just use chapstick to give it a tiny bit of gloss, plus it keeps a natural color which I like. But I always see other girls with gorgeous colors on their lips and i'd want that too!

But I was looking through the Sephora website and found some lipstain (http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P66905&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=C8360). I am actually really confused of what it does.. lol but it seems to come in a variety of colors and isn't glossy..so I was wondering if anyone has tried it and if it's any good.

If you have, please let me know! :heart:

you should try them out.

all a lip stain does is stain your lips with a subtle hint of color. matte, non glossy. kind of like when you're drinking cherry koolaid and your mouth turns red.

i love em.

It's somewhat like the maxfactor but better. It gives your lips the color you want, a feel of not wearing anything on them, gives them the va-va-vavoom that you are looking for, is of much better quality than the maxfactor, and also you can still wear your gloss or lipbalm over them and not have to worry about smearing, smudging, or reapplying. It's wonderful stuff. It smells good unlike the maxfactor that smells like permanent markers. I love using it on my customers.:D

Buy one, their great!!! I have a YSL lip marker like that and I love it. Next time I will try a Sephora marker...it costs a lot less than the YSL!

FYI, you can play with the intensity of the color by putting lipbalm on first - balm tones the color down and the result is very natural, even on large lips.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lip stains are really great for full lips...gives you the color you want without the clown lips look you might get with lipgloss and lipstick.

I'm using one by Urban Decay right now and I only apply once in the morning and I have color all day :smile:

i bought the raspberry 1 a few months back & i HATED it cuz i also have large lips and they tend to get chapped so when i applied it, it made them look funny, but now that i see the "how to use" in the site, i see u need to exfoliate b4 using it so...NO WONDER lol wut can i say? every woman is entitled to a "jessica simpson moment" so that was mine...:(

i say go for it, if you absolutely hate it, sephora has a great return policy.

Thanks for all the advice! I think I'm going to try it.. now all I have to do is decide what color to pick! ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trashmagic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->