Yeah Yeah Yeahs

MissAnia

Reaction score
376x180.jpg

Discovered in the wake of the Strokes' popularity and the subsequent garage rock revival, New York's art-punk trio Yeah Yeah Yeahs comprise singer Karen O, guitarist Nicolas Zinner, and drummer Brian Chase. O met Chase at Ohio's Oberlin College and met Zinner through friends after she transferred to N.Y.U. Zinner and O formed the band in 2000 and recruited Chase when their original drummer bowed out. Yeah Yeah Yeahs wrote a slew of songs at their first rehearsal and soon wound up supporting the Strokes and the White Stripes, earning a significant buzz for their arty-yet-sexy take on garage punk. In late 2001, Yeah Yeah Yeahs released their self-titled debut EP, which they recorded with Boss Hog's Jerry Teel, on their own Shifty label. Early the next year the band stepped into the international spotlight, appearing at South by Southwest, touring the U.S. with Girls Against Boys, Europe with Jon Spencer Blues Explosion, and headlining their own U.K. tour. Wichita Recordings distributed the group's EP in the U.K. and Touch and Go reissued it in the States. In between tours, the group put the finishing touches on their full-length debut, which was expected to have a fall 2002 release. American dates with Sleater-Kinney, Liars, and Jon Spencer Blues Explosion followed throughout the rest of the year, with the Machine EP tiding fans over before their first full-length.

i love no no no, maps and pin. they're definitely one of my favorites. i was just listening to them last night, i love how you can hear every persons part.

oh, and i love nick zinner. how can you not.

i'm not familiar with the sound of Yeah Yeah Yeahs...yet.
but i did hear Karen O's vocals in the song/music for Adidas' tvc "Hello Tomorrow" directed by Spike Jonze. can't quite imagine that beautiful delicate voice in a punk band...interesting. i'm going to go download some of YYY's music now...

oh, i really want to hear her song for addidas!
On the album her voice is really... hard to describe, but i think i love her voice most when she's singing more softly.
Can't wait for their next album

I like them a lot, looking forward to their new album. My favourite songs are Maps and Cold night.

Maps is one of my all-time favorite songs.

I would like to know when their new cd comes out too...

I would like to know it too. I know it's coming up because I've read it in several magazines, but I don't know when.

ive listened to their album soooo much. overkilled it.
still, the first track is pure brilliance.

very pjharvey inspired tho.

tuckbud14 said:
oh, and i love nick zinner. how can you not.

I love Nick ZInner too! Hes wayyy dreamy, and yuo have to appreciate a guy with awesome hair :heart:

I can't wait for their new album, i was reading Spin mag a while back and supposedly their new album is gonna be more danceable.. i dunno, Fever to Tell was awesome though. :D

Hey dudes and dudettes...... When is Yeah Yeah Yeahs releasing a second album???? Anyone know???:blink: :huh:

I love the whole Fever to Tell album especially Date with the Night.
Karen O is incredible

This band is waaaaaaaaaay over-due for another album....

Coco Beware

its coming! :woot:

from what i've heard its gonna be released sometime in early 06, so feb/march. i can't wait!

superb band...f*cking good live aswell, saw them back in 2003. the whole album is brilliant as is their first EP.

Rumors are Rumors....

Shess0m0ney said:
its coming! :woot:

from what i've heard its gonna be released sometime in early 06, so feb/march. i can't wait!

^that info i heard off of the radio, but I was actually reading NME the other day and their new album is actually called "Show Your Bones", due to come on March 27!

Yeah Yeah Yeahs are one of my favorite bands. My favorite songs of theirs are Maps and Y Control, but the whole album was amazing.

And I also read that Show Your Bones comes out March 28, and the first single comes out the week before that. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
westernsoc
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->