Karen O (Yeah Yeah Yeahs)

eveyrthing she wears is previously selected by her stylist/designer who is also a long time friend of hers. so no, i don't think she has a unique style :wink:

nevertheless, i still love her and her music :heart: :flower:

i dont really care about her style and i think she's a bit disgusting on stage.

i like her music, though :P

i think she looks pretty awful but i love what she does with her voice, and i love the yeah yeah yeahs' music.

imo...it's a completely unoriginal look executed poorly... :innocent:

Originally posted by softgrey@May 28th, 2004 - 11:33 pm
imo...it's a completely unoriginal look executed poorly... :innocent:
i'd have to agree.
i'd love to be this girl's stylist and give her some sort of sense of fashion direction... :lol: B) :innocent:

All I can say is... :sick: . Plus: not everyone can be Debbie Harry...

:lol: I guess I'm behind on what the hipsters are wearing these days. I like the suspender strap thingies in that one shot, and one of the other outfits she's wearing reminds me of when I wore torn-up tights in the 80s. :ninja:

Hideous!
Shes on the cover of spin magizine and she dosent look any better
352.jpg

oy, everyone sounds like such a fashion snob. designers use each others ideas all the time, almost everything is recycled and reworked, colors, styles, it's the little things that make them different. And she's not a model, it's not her job to be photogenic, although i think her photos are cool and interesting. I think it's not so much the fact that she created this style, but that she's a musician who's pretty well known who dares to wear it. god forbid she dress doesn't dress like everyone else. I like that she is unconventionally beautiful.

I don't like her style, but I love the Yeah Yeah Yeah's music.

i don't like that kind of style but i like her as a singer :wink:

I would never wear anything she's wearing, but karen can pull it off which is something.
Being original is good, and i love her for her musich as well as her i don't give shite kind of attifude.

zoelemon said:
LOLITA!!!! :wink: :woot: This article from the New York daily news is for you my dear! The Briefing

Spike's likes: Sofia Coppola's estranged husband, Spike Jonze, hasn't let any grass grow under his feet since their December separation. The 34-year-old Jonze, director of "Adaptation," has apparently taken up with Karen O, the raven-haired lead singer of art-rock band the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. A Lowdown spy spotted the pair in full canoodle at the SoHo bar Pravda the other night. Jonze, whose real name is Adam Spiegel (as befitting an heir of the catalogue company), was married to Coppola for four years. Many in the film industry speculate Jonze was the inspiration for the shallow and self-absorbed director-husband in Coppola's Oscar-winning film, "Lost in Translation." Reps for Coppola, Jonze and Karen O didn't return calls for comment yesterday.

ahhhh...not surprising then that Karen O was the vocalist on the song (written by Squeak E Clean) for the Spike Jonze-directed Adidas tvc 'Hello Tomorrow'.

Karen O of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Karen O has a GREAT sense of style and she is willing to take risks, which is why she is so admirable when it comes to fashion. Her make up is also very crazy and daring. She is just amazing :woot:

Post pics of your fave Karen O outfits/make up or give your opinion...

sq_yyys_mtvxl_clawler.jpg
bmyeah.jpg

yeah2.jpg
karen_o.jpg

IMG_5352.jpg
photo11.jpg

google.com

Last edited by a moderator:
She likes showing us her grundies doesn't she! :lol:
I do like how daring she is tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics