Yohji Yamamoto Men F/W 2004

I saw the photo on the front page of Vogue Paris' website and after looking at this...is it me,or is this collection a little all-over-the-place? There's a continuation of that nomadic style he did last season and then there's the sporty/street stuff like in the first photo and the rest is kind of page-boy--ish. I like some of those pieces but there seems to be a lack of direction unlike last season. Of course,there's more I should see before I would finalize this comment :P

Originally posted by Scott@Jan 24th, 2004 - 3:56 pm
I saw the photo on the front page of Vogue Paris' website and after looking at this...is it me,or is this collection a little all-over-the-place?
I think that picture could come from the SS 2004 collection when he dressed men in full skirt and jacket.

He makes already an Y3 sport line with Adidas and those graphic sporty jackets with stripes look very confusing to me.

Originally posted by nqth+Jan 24th, 2004 - 2:59 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nqth @ Jan 24th, 2004 - 2:59 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Scott@Jan 24th, 2004 - 3:56 pm
I saw the photo on the front page of Vogue Paris' website and after looking at this...is it me,or is this collection a little all-over-the-place?
I think that picture could come from the SS 2004 collection when he dressed men in full skirt and jacket.

He makes already an Y3 sport line with Adidas and those graphic sporty jackets with stripes look very confusing to me. [/b][/quote]
I don't know it didn't say which season it come from. I just assumed considering right above was the title for for Hommes Défilés A/H 04/05..I dunno :unsure:

Even still,by these,it still looks a bit messy.

I'm waiting for Masaki Matsushima to knock the spots off this lot ! B)

KIT ( disappointed ) . :cry:

it seems like the central theme is street tribes, like the beggars, the rude boys, rockers etc.

i dont mind the beggar coat or the last rocker look, even the short red jacket looks cool to me, its only the first group that looks quite useless, one can find those at harley shops :innocent:

thanks for the pictures nqth B)

I reallyd outn like the first pciture

btut he oethr looks are wodnerful! :heart: :heart:, I lvoe teh rocker street boy theme :woot:

Actually I think now that the collection is somehow freshier with the more tailored coats and deep red color. He made the rocker look "cute" and there are still some Yamamoto's signatured "begger stuffs" :-) for the older audience. I think the music theme must have sth in common with the fact that he designed clothes for Elton John recently

more Yohij. Those sporty jackets are "horrible", still.
(pics from vogue.fr)

this last look posted is by far my fave so far :heart:

These are all references to sub cultures.
There are some skinheads in there too with the rolled up jeans and docs.
I wonder what their reaction to this would be.

:woot: They look like The Lollypop Guild from Munchkinland in The Wizard of Oz! :lol: :lol: :lol:

:cry: :shock: :heart: :heart: :heart: I really really really absolutely love this collection

I lvoe teh flued yet tailored jackets

its beauitful

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->