Your Best & Worst Collections of Menswear S/S 2025

vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
My personal highlights were Dolce & Gabbana, Emporio Armani, Giorgio Armani, Tod's, Ami and Hermès. Didn't rate Adrian Appiolaza's Moschino or Kim Jones' Dior Men whatsoever this season. Can't warm to Appiolaza's Moschino just yet...

Which were some of your best and worst collections of the S/S 2025 season?

Best:
DRIES VAN NOTEN
LOEWE
Comme Des Garçons Homme Plus
Kolor
Undercover
AMI
Zegna
DSquared
Hermes

WORST(!!)
Fendi
Dior
Prada
Gucci

Best: Dolce & Gabbana, Dries Van Noten, Zegna, Issey Miyake.

Worst: Gucci, Prada, Acne, Rick

MILAN
Dolce And Gabbana
- Sleek, light, and refreshing: hoping they change the show vibes a bit (they've been doing black and white shows for quite some time now)
Tod's- yummy as always even back when they still had the previous creative director (time for them to showcase it on a runway I wish)
Dunhill- chic with the perfect casting, wish there were older models in the line-up, some outfits I found too hot to be worn for summer but still great overall
Emporio Armani- Surprises me every season, I think it's because more creative direction has been given to other people besides Mr. Armani himself. Interestingly, this line is more modern and fresher than the main one. Perfect casting as well, though it was weird when they forced the models to smile lol

PARIS
Undercover
- Usually not a fan of this house but this season, I found it quite creative and romantic, which contrasts with the current menswear landscape that we're in (brutal or outright commercial)
Rick Owens- easily one of the most memorable Rick shows for me, though as said numerously on its thread that it was lacking fashion, I'd give this show a pass
Hermes- It's the Uniqlo for the rich I say, and that's fine, weaker than previous spring menswear offerings but nice showing as always. Kinda liked the matching tattoos tho (also visible in the spring 2024 collection too)
Kiko Kostadinov- Great colors, something refreshing for his house
Sacai- Perfect as always, cute esp the glasses combo, just wish she showed the women's via lookbook, it doesn't really contribute to the show.

Worst:
Loewe
- I hope it's JW's last collection for the house, never liked his Loewe again from SS 2022 (with the rose heels) onwards, it was a stripped-back collection but it was not as good compared to when he began his Loewe menswear

Underwhelmed:
Dries-
I love Dries but it was just underwhelming for a swan song, it might have been a strategic move since he doesn't want to overwhelm the next designer lol but, I just wish it was more soulful

No comment: Gucci, Prada, Dior, LV

Overall: I Was underwhelmed by Milan this season which is the only week out of all the fashion weeks (women's and couture included) I've been looking forward to the most. But still, I feel like the muscle of menswear still resides in Milan while its soul is in Paris. Muscle, having all the big brands and manufacturers, and soul because of shows that evoked emotion in me aside from commercial viability (i.e. Undercover, Rick, Yhoji,).

Best: Lemaire, Dries (at least some incredible pieces), Dolce & Gabbana
Worst: Prada, Gucci

Best: D&G, Armani, Comme des garçons, Junya Watanabe, Tom Ford, Kenzo, Fendi, Prada (it's growing on me wtf)

Worst: JW Anderson, Gucci

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qqqq0102
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->