Your City's Style?

I attend the University of California, Davis, which is about an hour and a half from San Francisco. It's a small college town and there are a lot of trendy people, but there are a handful of people that dress well. I write for a magazine so it's more of an article than a blog on street style. Here's my latest piece!

http://www.davislifemagazine.com/2011/02/simple-solid/

I miss living in NYC for the people watching and style stalking - now, living in Dallas, I have to consciously make an effort to drive to certain areas to get even a taste of interesting and fun fashion, otherwise it's Northface jackets, jeans (sometimes shorts?! in the winter!), Uggs, and LV/Coach bags everywhere. The more labels, the better, apparently.

I'm in Birmingham, UK and the main style here is "anything vintage goes", the need for which is served by many vintage boutiques in the city. On the flip-side of that you may get someone walk past who is head-to-toe in designer gear, then someone who is head-to-toe in clothes from Primark. Goth, skater, clubbing...... mixed bag! I cover the bits I like best on my blog.

Well, if Washington is a city in which style goes to die, the city i was born in must be a place where style is already completely dead (not going to name it, you wouldnt know where it is anyway). I live in Zagreb now which isnt much different but because of the sheer amount of people you get ocasional gems and some people who try.

I live in Paris and those pictures are from my blog.

Attachments

• tribute to the tribe 3.JPG
    tribute to the tribe 3.JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 7
  • tribute to the tribe 4.JPG
    tribute to the tribe 4.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 7
Last edited by a moderator:
I live in Hamburg and here, generally speaking, the style is very preppy.

A lot of people in my city Peterborough seem to be getting into the hipster look now. Really not my thing, never understood the fascination myself. I prefer brands like Gstar, Superdry and Known. But I think that style is more common in richer areas of Essex or London.

I'm in Miami and there is 10 different styles at any point and time her. Its relax, its beachy, its glam, its winter. Anything you think of, we have it here.

I would say everyone is eachothers clone. Just check out major finnish blogs. Nothing special. Michael Kors watches, skinny jeans, trendy sneakers and all that.

When I lived in (and visit) Toronto, everyone is a clone of each other pairing together some of the worst trends. Every woman of any age from 13-70 carries a MK or LV tote, however Moschino has become popular over the past 2 years thanks to Jeremy Scott whom Torontonians LOVE. Every guy here wears those Raf Simons x Adidas tacky sneakers or the Rick Owens x Adidas sneakers. The Celine, Homies, Karl who?, Karl's daughter, etc shirt trend has died down but some still wear them. Even the "hipsters" (i.e. just people that frequent certain areas there) still wear parkas, doc martens, black skinny jeans and vintage prints.

Since it's Canada, it's almost obligatory to own a Goose jacket, Herschel backpack and some type of Roots merch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Zara. Just Zara.
Poznan is walking, living Zara.
(not in a bad way tho!)

Either full on Gucci and Chloe bags and furcoats or fake "thrasher" sweatshirts with sweatpants. Usually there is no in-between

Predominantly, Vancouver is riddled with athleisure and the other remaining aesthetic can be credited towards the affluent oriental population who is mostly adorned in designer logos and statement pieces.

Ripped skinny jeans and Levi's t-shirts while wearing reebok/adidas/puma/nike trainers :doh:
Or asian students with designer clothing from head to toe.

Both types of people carry MCM backpacks :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->