Your Favorite Shoes Of All Time!

Also, apart from being one of the best collections of all time PERIOD, Balenciaga F/W 08/09 had incredible shoes.

00070m.jpg

00090m.jpg

Balenciaga-tricolor-pumps.jpg

Rick Owens ss24 lido boots, pretty much all utility style sleek leather knee high shoes which accentuate long thin legs!IMG_2090.jpeg
Prada fw17

IMG_2093.jpegIMG_2091.jpeg

I don’t get the revival of that particular era of 'ugly' shoes from Prada and Miu Miu that are all the rage with vintage vendors on Instagram and otherwise. Yes, Y2K fashion is still very much a thing among Gen-Z kids but what do these kind of toe boxes and weirdly-shaped heels do to one‘s foot or overall silhouette?

The alternative to that don‘t have to be impossible-to-walk-in stiletto heels, there was always Helmut Lang doing realistic but also highly attractive footwear as part of his collaboration with Prada back in those days.

@tricotineacetat same, I notice those very specific Miu Miu late 90s shoes popping up all over substack and all I can think is wow the power of trends is strong, because Prada/Miu Miu's best shoes really came only in the mid-00s (I would say 2004) onwards, once y2k was dead in fashion. The platforms, the glitter, the fairy shoe, even the ridiculous open-toe boots.... they did it all.

I dunno, simping for atrocious Rick Owens boots feels a bit on-brand for you

Even if you were to like those kind of late 90ies Prada and Miu Miu boots, it‘s a bit pointless to compare a T-Bar pump with a stretch nappa overknee boot.

And if we were to remain on topic - I will agree that pretty much the majority of Rick Owens' footwear has for the last years been awful. But those stretch overknees are as minimal as they can get and there should be nothing objectively divisive about a slightly chunkier rubber sole on a sneaker in 2024. I fail to see the atrocity in their design.

• Wow
Reactions: KoV
@tricotineacetat same, I notice those very specific Miu Miu late 90s shoes popping up all over substack and all I can think is wow the power of trends is strong, because Prada/Miu Miu's best shoes really came only in the mid-00s (I would say 2004) onwards, once y2k was dead in fashion. The platforms, the glitter, the fairy shoe, even the ridiculous open-toe boots.... they did it all.
I love these shoes not because I saw them on Substack, but because I wore very similar types back in the 90s and early 00s and never really stopped wearing similar types. :ermm:🙄

Also, I have no idea how these are 'ugly' shoes. They are the epitome of classic girly and elegant, particularly because they are 1920s inspired Mary Janes. But hey, what do I know. 🤷‍♀️

the thread is about favourite shoes, fair play if these are your favourites and no judgement on you, the comments were about the vintage vendor crowd and social media, not you..... but I would hardly call that level of dramatically squared off toe combined with a retro T bar 'elegant', and I say this as a lover of some weird 00s Miu Miu shoes myself (their glitter platforms are a forever fave)

the thread is about favourite shoes, fair play if these are your favourites and no judgement on you, the comments were about the vintage vendor crowd and social media, not you..... but I would hardly call that level of dramatically squared off toe combined with a retro T bar 'elegant', and I say this as a lover of some weird 00s Miu Miu shoes myself (their glitter platforms are a forever fave)
Square toe shoes have been elegant since Daniel Lee's Bottega Veneta in 2019 and it is just a modern twist on a very classic pair of elegant shoes. But modern is not something people appreciate on this forum. Funnily I've had this photo stored in my computer for nearly 2 years now and decided to post it several months back on my several dozens of thousands followed Pinterest account, where a lot of people steal my content. Some people on this forum like to fancy themselves as if their opinion makes them tastemakers, maybe they fancy themselves as style icons and that why they think they have the right to be so maturely intolerant toward's other taste. Big bad comments on a forum hardly makes your taste an authority or even relevant. Then again, tolerance is a matter of privilege, because it takes education.

congratulations on your pinterest account with thousands of followers and the people who 'steal your content', if a saved picture by someone else can be called that, you can continue to tell yourself whatever you need to cope with our big mean opinions of ....square toed shoes and 2019 trends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
modeket
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->