Your Favourite Films

Originally posted by pagan cookbook@Apr 21st, 2004 - 6:26 pm
chungking express(wong kar wai),edward scissorhands/beetlejuice/pee wee's big adventure/ed wood/mars attacks/sleepy hollow/big fish(TB),aguirre the wrath of god(werner herzog),talk to her/kika(pedro almodovar),vertigo/the birds/north by northwest(AH)..some of the irrationally dearest
anyone of the amelie clique seen delicatessen or the city of lost children(also by jean-pierre jeunet and marc caro)?
so incredibly dark and bizarre,yet like a black negative of amelie's colours etceteras
LOVE Chungking Express. Wong Kar-Wai is my absolute favourite director. In the Mood for Love is the most beautifully-shot film I can think of.

And I TRIED to watch Delicatessen but I didn't get into it very much. I did, however, enjoy Alien: Resurrection, heh. :wink:

woo :flower: take a bow sugarjunkie fellow fan,own and love and am mostly always in the mood for wong(and tim and fincher,forgot the fellow :blush: )
how many pineapple cans to go? :wink:
Delicatessen is all a blur to me,the only copy i could get my claws on was all french no subtitles and my french is tres fragmentary so it was all the scarier,to see and not understand and to come up with self designed explanations..
(never was too keen on meat,but after this that Smiths' song Meat is murder was haunting the auditive part of my mind for hours ever after :blink: )

Originally posted by PradaP@Jun 29th, 2002 - 2:56 am
Run Lola Run
I love this one! :heart: :wub: I also love:
-Chicago
-The Long Kiss Goodnight
-Cold Mountain
-most things with the Marx brothers, Monty Python, Robin Williams, and certain other very funny people
-most movies with Johnny Depp ( :blush: :crush: :rolleyes:)
-I'm absolutely drawing a blank, and I'm trying not to repeat too much...

I guess I'll get back to you on this. :wink:

I just saw something else that was really great. What was it? Well, I just saw (and loved) Hidalgo. Maybe that was it. Hmm.

But...I hated Sixteen Candles :ninja:

Festen
The Hours
Lost in Translation
Chicago
Dogville
Moulin Rouge
The Virgin Suicides
Sound of Music
It's all about love
Romeo + Juliet

Forgot an important one: Lilja 4-ever. And f*cking Åmål as well. Both by Lukas Moodysson.

Lords of the Rings 1-2-3
Legendes d'automne
Deux Frères
Star Wars 2
Gladiator
Moulin Rouge
Forrest Gump
... ....

Oo, I forgot Saving Grace. Someone probably already said that, though.

Originally posted by pagan cookbook@Apr 21st, 2004 - 6:26 pm
chungking express(wong kar wai),edward scissorhands/beetlejuice/pee wee's big adventure/ed wood/mars attacks/sleepy hollow/big fish(TB),aguirre the wrath of god(werner herzog),talk to her/kika(pedro almodovar),vertigo/the birds/north by northwest(AH)..some of the irrationally dearest
anyone of the amelie clique seen delicatessen or the city of lost children(also by jean-pierre jeunet and marc caro)?
so incredibly dark and bizarre,yet like a black negative of amelie's colours etceteras
I remember Chungking Express! Faye Wong is my all time favourite singer :heart: And Edward Scissorhand is a firm favourite too :flower:

Bourne Identity, American History X, Spirited Away, The Skulls, Chasing Liberty.

Cruel Intentions - Ryan Phillippe is :brows: as conceited Upper Eastside Eurotrash
The Hot Chick - totally campy but reminds me a lot of my high school experience (except I never turned into Rob Schneider)
Finding Nemo - because of the "Just keep swimming" part. Dory rocks!
Moulin Rouge - stunning cinematography, how this one got shutout at the Oscars is beyond me
The Princess Bride - "My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die." "Inconceivable!" Greatest lines ever.
Fight Club - Brad Pitt covered in sweat, nuff said. Plus some of the greatest quotable quotes ever.
Dirty Dancing - I was raised on this movie. Nobody puts Baby in a corner. Best soundtrack in the world.
Legally Blonde - this movie always puts me in a good mood, plus I can relate to Ms. Woods quite well.
Office Space - This little movie is pure genius. If you haven't seen it, see it! And laugh your *** off!

Originally posted by Glamourina@Apr 27th, 2004 - 3:02 pm
Fight Club - Brad Pitt covered in sweat, nuff said. Plus some of the greatest quotable quotes ever.
Have you read the book?

Originally posted by faust+Apr 27th, 2004 - 3:22 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(faust @ Apr 27th, 2004 - 3:22 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Glamourina@Apr 27th, 2004 - 3:02 pm
Have you read the book?[/b][/quote]
Yes, and wow. I love books that turn your inside out from thinking.

Originally posted by Glamourina@Apr 27th, 2004 - 3:02 pm
Office Space - This little movie is pure genius. If you haven't seen it, see it! And laugh your *** off!
:lol: I love this one! :heart:

the ones I can think of right now are

*A Walk To Remember* -so sweet my fav love movie, I tear up especially at the end.... the people who love this movie know wut I'm talkin about!
*Remember the Titans*- just a brilliant film and funny and serious at times
*The Last Dragon*-classic and funny
*Welcome To Dollhouse*-havent seen that one in a while but I remembered I liked it, dark comedy, indie film
*Finding Forrester*-just because Jamal is the perfect guy
*The Color Purple*- another brilliant film, acting was great, I always tear up
*Selena*-one of my favorites,makes me so sad and I always usually tear up or cry at the end. She was so pretty and had such a sweet soul. Awwww... *sniff* She worked so hard to get where she was.

I also liked the movie Zebrahead. Joyride was pretty good too.
I got others but thats all I can think of now.

Originally posted by eloes+Apr 27th, 2004 - 10:02 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eloes @ Apr 27th, 2004 - 10:02 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Glamourina@Apr 27th, 2004 - 3:02 pm
:lol: I love this one! :heart: [/b][/quote]
I could watch it over and over and still laugh my *ss off.

Fav movies:
-The talented mr ripley.... :heart: this movie to death!!
-Gosford Park
-Requiem for a dream....this is very eye opening but I love it
-The Hours
-Le Divorce
-Life is beautiful
-Tea with mussolini
-Zoolander
-Love Actually
-Bridget Jones' diary

Almost famous
The Green Mile
Rememebr the Ttitans
Romeo and Juliet... The fish tank scene....and Quidon the little choir boys voice :smile:
Fight Club
Life as a house

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redspot
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->