Your Skin Type

loonaka

Reaction score
Just a thread to state which skin type you have and ask for tips and tricks. I've noticed that many ppl ask for help but they never say what kind of skin type they have which makes it hard to give advice. :flower:

I have dry skin, and sometimes I get dry spots like on my cheeks and my forhead and I use Mayday Mayday Rescue Balm by Ren when it gets really bad.

My skin used to be combination (dry forehead and cheeks, blackheads and oiliness on nose) but now I think it's pretty much normal. The blackheads are very small now, and I don't have dry or oily spots any longer...I think the combination of glycolic acid and Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair has worked wonders. I got a small tester of ANR, and I definitely want 50 ml of that for xmas

I think i have normal skin with a slightly oil T-zone....is that combo skin? I have no idea!

I get a few spots around my chin area during that time of the month and the only thing that stops that is Mario B's buffering lotion.

I use all Trilogy products, keeps my skin happy. It can get very angry lol

I think it's normal to have oily skin around the nose area...For me perfect skin is normal skin :innocent: like no dry spots and no oily parts. I just bought the Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate, I've only used it twice so not sure about it yet, but my skin looks and feels a lot better, it was so dry that the Bobbi Brown ppl couldn't get over it :rofl: I think they told me like 5 times how dry my skin was..

1. Normal Skin ...

If you skin belongs to a normal type, the tissue will not reveal any traces of oil. Your skin should feel vibrant, elastic, and supple. Normal skin is the least problematic type.
It looks clean and smooth and has a good circulation and complexion. Even with a minimum care, it will look good well into your advanced age.

2. Dry Skin ...

If your skin is dry, the paper will be clean, too, but your face skin will feel flaky, dry, and tight after you have wiped it.
Dry skin can easily develop a sallow tone, wrinkles, and fine pores, and it is very prone to aging and irritating. It might still look great on a young person, but, to keep it healthy, you should apply thorough care and use regular skin or beauty treatment with natural masks and moisturizers.

3. Oily Skin ...

If you have oily skin, the paper will have spots of facial oil on it, corresponding to the areas of your cheeks, nose, and forehead. Oily skin is problematic – it usually looks greasy, thick, coarse, and shiny, has enlarged pores, and tends to break into acne.
A good thing, though, is that oily skin is not prone much to aging and wrinkling. Careful cleaning, minimizing of carbohydrate consumption, and avoiding rich can be helpful in improving the quality of oily skin.

4. Combination

If you skin is combination, like that of most women, the tissue will have traces of oil coming from your nose and forehead, but will be clean in the areas that touched your cheeks.

Combination skin has patches of both dry and oily skin, and it requires different types of care in relation to particular facial areas.
Dry zones, which are usually located on the cheeks and around the eyes, should be treated with rich and moisturizers, while oily areas, usually on the forehead and nose, will benefit from frequent and thorough cleaning.

5. Sensitive Skin

Sensitive skin is usually very dry, tends to feel tight, and becomes inflamed and irritated easily. Typically, sensitive skin develops reddish and scaly areas, can be itchy and tingly, and is prone to breaking into spots. It is the most problematic and fragile type of skin, which needs a very special type of care.
allwomenstalk.com

I think this is a pretty ok definition:unsure:

My skin seems to vary. Sometimes it is oily all over with a lot more oil in the T-zone, then other times it is just like combination skin: oily in the T-zone and dry elsewhere.

For oily skinned Brits, I found OC8 moisturiser to be great. Pity you can't buy it in Boots any more though. :(

I have combination skin. Luckily my cheeks and eyes area aren't very dry, but my forehead and my nose are very oily. It's quite annoying, but after years of searching I finally found the right products for my oily T-zone (I just love that word, haha) and I don't use anything on the rest of my face, other than cleansing gel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->