YSL "Parisienne" Fragrance : Kate Moss by Craig McDean

That looks cute.
i can't wait to see the final adv, I'm sure i'll love it, Kate looks good.

Nothing too special. And tbh, I think I've defenitely seen better pics of Kate :ninja: But overall it's quite nice. The concept and background is especially lovely!

Kate looks good, the background looks good, Kate + background don't look that good. Overall it's OK I guess.

I don't exactly get it. It's also hard for me to get pass the fact they used a very famous Brit who doesn't even live in Paris for a perfume called Parisienne. :huh:

I hate how dated and old everything looks with YSL these days. Everything. Yves did this decades ago for YSL Paris. Is YSL this much in a creative rut that they cannot bring anything new to the table now?

Kate looks haggard.

PARIS d'Yves Saint Laurent

I prefer the random shots by the paparazzi over the finished campaign images, to me these images are more romantic & natural.....

28157_Kate_Moss_at_the_Yves_Saint_Laurent_photoshoot_in_Paris_9207_122_44lo-thumb-600x405.jpg

Kate_Moss_at_the_Yves_Saint_Laurent_photoshoot_in_Paris_2220_122_375lo-thumb-600x984.jpg

27781_Kate_Moss_at_the_Yves_Saint_Laurent_photoshoot_in_Paris_936_122_260lo-thumb-600x826.jpg

more images:
http://www.hotcelebshome.com/2009/0...t-the-yves-saint-laurent-photoshoot-in-paris/

Moss is holding a rose, Eiffel Tower in the back,
it is the classical pose of PARIS -the fragrance-, going back to history below is the 1st ad campaign for PARIS IN 1982
(2)-Paris_20.jpg

but my all time favorite Paris ads, are the one from the 90's with Lucie de la Falaise, her pose & eye stare are breathtaking, it simply parisane & romantic
paris.jpg

& her smile & gaze are so bright & sunny in this other version of PARIS
attachment.php

parfumdepub.net

Last edited by a moderator:
This looks wonderful. This is the Kate i like.

This is the third time we've talked to you about Parisienne, the new perfume from YSL. With all the attention it's getting, it looks set to be this season's top fragrance. Just a month ago, we showed you the first photos from the campaign starring Kate Moss and we told you about the new perfume. Today, we're letting you in on the fact that a short film will be released in mid-October as part of the campaign.

In preparation, YSL have created a themed microsite featuring short videos with the interesting notice: Warning, some scenes may cause strong emotions!

http://www.ysl-parisienne.com/

viewonfashion.com

part do again if you can see up there:
Who-is-parisienne-2.jpg
ysl.com

&

Yves Saint Laurent Parisienne fragrance review:

Yves Saint Laurent Parisienne (2009:( Blue-Mauve Rose {Perfume Review}

Parisienne-Bottle-2.jpg
The bottle is very pretty, like a feminine flask with an antique flair, one that could have almost belonged to Marie-Antoinette. It has a nice heft; the facets of the faceted glass bottle is more harmonious to my eye in the bigger size although the petite size is still very pretty and pleasant to hold in the palm of the hand.​

Parisienne is the latest feminine launch by Yves Saint Laurent. We have covered the topic before by following with Kate Moss. I did not have any preconceived notions about the composition nor any particular expectations. What I discovered is a very particular poetical atmosphere. There is at the center of the composition a very interesting work on color so as to create a fictional rose that is bluish and mauve in turns. It is a very romantic composition, more wistful than Paris, very soft and feminine.

The composition is by Sophia Grojsman and Sophie Labbé of IFF. Grojsman is the author of Paris, a perfume that refreshed the genre of the rose soliflore for a new generation of women and the next ones to come. She is considered unofficially the queen of rose perfumes for such landmark perfumes as Paris, Trésor, Yvresse, CK Eternity, White Linen. Sophie Labbé has also tackled some rose accords of note in Cacharel Amor pour Homme or Pure White Linen.

About Parisienne the perfumers said that,

"It is a great floral with a woodsy structure, luminous even in its aspect of mystery (...) It is the perfume of ultra femininity, warmed by the imprint of the man who brushed against her."
"un grand floral à la structure boisée, lumineux même dans sa part de mystère (...). C'est le parfum de l'ultra-féminité, réchauffée par l'empreinte de l'homme qui l'a effleurée." ...
Parisienne-Bottle.jpg

Parisienne-Moss.jpg

Notes are: vinyl gloss, nail polish, accord of stiletto heel in asphalt, cranberry, Damascus rose, delicate violet, fresh peony, leather, patchouli, vetiver, musk and sandalwood.

Parisienne is a rose perfume based on a rose-violet-peony accord with woody accents. The rose-violet accord is different from the one in Paris because it is not powdery at all but rather aims at and imposes a subtle watercolor effect which is painterly rather than aquatic. The composition feels at times like you are looking at it through a blue or mauve pastel gauzy veil as if it were an homage paid to another classic of 20th perfumery, L'Heure Bleue by Guerlain. It does not smell like the perfume by Jacques Guerlain but it seems to be like a poetical homage to this famous olfactory painting of Paris and the Parisienne.

The rose accord here has been fleshed out with some fruity and candied nuances but in soft doses. The peony which smells quite a bit like lychee with some green nuances to my nose brings its fruity facet in the top notes. An edgy, admittedly urban, rocker style has been incorporated with some touches of metal, asphalt, nail polish, and vinyl gloss, but those nuances are not dominant nor styled to feel discordant. They add a touch of modernity. I personally prefer not to linger too much on the details of these modernistic notes as they tend to make me think too much and too prosaically of metallic musks. The personality of the fragrance remains romantic throughout even betraying a bit of nostalgia for a child's indulgence when the rose-violet accord conjures up old-fashioned violet-flavored candies by Flavigny. The floral accord is a bit jammy, berry-like (cranberries; blackberry) elegant, never literally gourmand. The perfume is enveloping, soft, downy like peach skin.

I retain from Parisienne the impression of a mauve-bluish rose that is all delicacy and mystery offering an intriguing palette of soft, cold pastel colors. It seems that it will be a perfect match for the gray of Paris roofs especially against the skyline in the fall.

Photo credits: femina.fr

Parisienne-Moss-2.jpg

reviewed by Marie-Helene Wagner on August 17, 2009

scentedsalamander.com

Last edited by a moderator:
one of the best fragrance commercials i've seen lately.:heart:

What a great commercial! So femme fatale, she's amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->