Zanna Roberts Rassi

missnyc

Reaction score
Senior Fashion Editor, US Marie Claire

I think there isn't a thread about her. She's so lovely!

yourstylespy

marieclaire.com

Last edited by a moderator:
She's awesome. I have so many candid pics saved of her from the fashion week threads. For a few years I was wondering who the cool blonde chick was cause her outfits are always impressive.

I love her duffel bag in the last photo, it has the coolest little details which make it all the more perfect!

I love her i think shes so cute!

84721201_rl_1752_a3fce12466.jpg

(luxelaboratory.com)

MCX030109_096_1_4-lg-60416171.jpg

mcx-zanna-roberts-razzi-nyfw-de-96215926.jpg

editor-pick-0108-12-med.jpg

(above three from marieclaire.com)

55_6338858431626925009930738_16_ZRobertsJColes_091409.jpg

nysocialdiary.com

Photos from her wedding can be found here:
http://100layercake.com/blog/archives/4078

Thanks you!!!!!!!!!! She's a cutie!

More!

Zana_218-med.jpg

marieclaire.com

G2579_photo05.jpg

nypost.com - though i cant tell if its her

zanna-roberts-mc-erdem.JPG

blogs.lexpress.fr

155_63391875725086250023731188_5_MRassiZRassi_102209.jpg

nysocialdiary.com

3573_by_mazdazk-and-zanna-rossi.jpg

3573_head_bpheader2010rassis.gif

There is the Fabulous that we know -- those lifestyles so easily tagged and bagged by the media, the Brangelinas and La Lohans -- and then there is the Fabulous with far fewer hang-ups and flashbulbs. And it is here that Mazdack and Zanna Rassi work and play.
In 2005, Mr. Rassi’s Milk Studios -- a favorite for New York’s top photographers and fast-growing rival to Bryant Park as Fashion Week’s top staging ground -- provided the location for his first meeting with his wife, Marie Claire fashion editor Zanna. They retired to Passerby, where Rassi (as he’s known), “didn’t shut up for 45 minutes,” Zanna says. “I was staring at him half thinking, ‘You’re really cute,’ and half thinking, ‘You really don’t stop talking, do you?’”
But the Rassis weren’t always so fabulous. In 1996 he -- a swarthy, charming and broke Midwestener, via Tehran -- needed all his chutzpah (and investors), to open Milk. His two partners found a building in the then seedy Meatpacking District. “I was like, ‘Let’s do a photo studio.’ And they trusted me. I didn’t know anything about anything. I made everything up.” As for Zanna (née Roberts), picture her at age 15 -- before modeling brought her to magazines -- sneaking into the Hacienda to watch the Happy Mondays in her hometown of Manchester, England. A long way from her future star turns on reality shows like Project Runway and The Shot.
Married last June, the two embody different planets in the same solar system, constantly in orbit with the photographers, models, editors and designers who make up their galaxy of friends and colleagues. This isn’t to say that the pair doesn’t know how to step away. They spend summers on the Jersey Shore and winter weekends snowboarding in Vermont. But they’re most at home with the group that surrounds their dining table. “Our table will grow as the night goes on,” says Rassi. “Friends are the family you choose. We’re very lucky to have a great family.”
JOHN ORTVED Mazdack wears a jacket, shirt, and tie by Tom Ford and jeans by Burberry. Zanna wears a dress by L'agence. The Rassis were shot at Milk Studios in Los Angeles
(www.papermag.com)

also a video:
http://www.hollywoodlife.com/2010/0...hion-show-with-our-bff-marie-claire-magazine/

There was also something on the Marie Claire website about wedding planning - her dress is gorgeous!

(Source: http://www.marieclaire.com/fashion/trends/articles/wedding-planning-style-tips)

One Fine Day

First things first: I'm not your typical bride. Girly stuff doesn't particularly thrill me. Take the proposal, for instance: My then-boyfriend, Rassi, asked, "What are you doing for the rest of your life?" in an English cow field. I had on my mom's North Face fleece and a pair of cutoffs — hardly my best look. I knew I'd have to shelve the tomboy habits for my wedding day. The pressure for a bride-to-be is immense enough as it is — but working in fashion, it gets magnified a thousand percent. Knowing that the industry's best and brightest would be watching (and judging) was enough to make me want to elope! That is, until I realized I could use those same style geniuses to my advantage — and yours, too.

By Zanna Roberts Rassi

0210-wedding-tips-28-de.jpg

The Fitting
"Stay true to your own style. Your dress should be a reflection of your everyday look, just amplified."
- Georgina Chapman & Keren Craig, Designers, Marchesa

0210-wedding-tips-27-de.jpg

The Fitting
"Avoid selecting your dress too early and trying it on too often. You risk having many changes of heart. Three months is ample."

"Take the one person whose opinion you value most with you to your fitting. Keep in mind that your best friend or your mother may not be the best choice."

0210-wedding-tips-26-de.jpg

The Fitting
"A proper photograph — not from an iPhone — of you in the dress is essential for determining the right accessories."
0210-wedding-tips-29-de.jpg

The Shoes
"Break convention — bridal shoes are your chance to really express yourself."
- Christian Louboutin, Shoe Designer
0210-wedding-tips-17-de.jpg

The Bridesmaids
Actress Billie Piper and my sister Jane in Burberry.
0210-wedding-tips-9-de.jpg

The Ceremony
The groom, Mazdack Rassi, in Burberry and me in Marchesa, jewels by Neil Lane.

I love how she's always smiling.

The wedges above look like the ones from Celine.

I believe the coat is Celine, but I'm not enterely sure...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->