Zara F/W 2017.18 by Steven Meisel

With Zara and Mango & Gap having big photographers and stylists for their ads, these high fashion brands needs to step-up their game.

As usual with Meisel, the clothes looks expensive and totally believable as almost "high-fashion".

That Dior collection was too easy to copy. The Menswear line is a total copy of Valentino.

Mesmerizing video but the images themselves are nothing to write home about, lazy at best. Vittoria is lovely and that's about it.

God....it's like if anything in fashion isn't a perfectly-filled-diversity-quota Benetton campaign everyone's gotta whine.
[---]

I have no issue with diversity, and the fact that I have to preemptively defend myself in that way is annoying, but I hate that in this constant haranguing for DIVERSITY, ultimately what you're looking for is everything to look the same. If everything has to be perfectly diverse, then everything will be identical. And from my experience, too, the diversity police are never satisfied....[---]......it never ends.

The campaign is great. Meisel makes everything look so expensive.
But the cast, as much as I love every girl here, should have been more diverse for a brand like Zara that has such a wide range of clients. Very happy for all the models who got it anyway, they all look flawless.

I agree with your whole comment apple. Congrats to all girls and Meisel has elevated Zara once again, even if not as special as last season by Meisel Standards its still very good.

I agree that a brand as big as Zara can easily and readily source girls that are beautiful and diverse.
And it's more annoying that diversity gets stamped with a 'Benetton' label, diversity is recognizing that the World, your staff, the models, your CONSUMERS are not just white, and it kills no one to attempt to represent this with more effort. I can understand in instances when there is a direct theme including model choice a la all Gemma Ward/Sasha alien girls, all black, all chinese, but this it clearly not one of those times.

To complain about complaints of lack of diversity is to not understand what it is to be frequently underrepresented.

^Thank you darri, what you said is what I meant. And I totally agree with the last part as well: Zara is a commercial brand and behind a campaign there is not an artistic or specific art direction I think, so it is better (also for them, commercially speaking) to try to represent as many people as possible. Of course it's not possible to represent anyone but at least they could include more.

I think the full campaign looks excessively editorial, and not even Vogue, random global Harper's Bazaar. But the styling is spectacular. Hate to admit this, but Julia Nobis killed all these girls on her own for Dior. Grace and Vittoria does look stunning though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dkim991905
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->