American Apparel (April 2006 - March 2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Their baby thermal longsleeve henley is my new love. Got it in Navy, evergreen and baby pink. They fit perfectly for my bodytype (long&slim with long arms), and that's a rare thing.

ordered a purple hoodie, white pocket tee, and black nylon taffeta wind breaker for 35! including shipping! yay! i live right in l.a. ordered thursday night they say it will be at my house monday!

Hello AA enthusiasts,

I thought you all could help me out with a dilemma. Garance Dore made a diy post where she made shorts by cutting (apparently) AA sweatpants. However, I can't for the life of me find those exact sweats on the aa store - ones with pockets on the butt. Anyone know what item they are? See picture here:

I don't believe Garance's sweatpants were ever found on the AA site...

But while procrastinating from doing school work I found them!

They are the unisex flex fleece sweatpant in peppered grey. I think they are a relatively new item.

store.americanapparel.ca

Here's the link to them for those interested
http://store.americanapparel.ca/rsaf400w :flower:.

I really want the Sash belts in Cranberry and Eggplant and the Wrap dress in Creme but apparently AA don't make them anymore? I know I could probably go to a fabric store for the sashes but in reality, that won't happen. Does anyone know where I could buy these sashes?

There is a dress in a picture for the cotton thigh-high socks that I can't find on the site. It's the one on the left, the purple/cream lace? (obviously could be styled from a few different pieces on the site...) can someone help me find them?

mr8y02.jpg

Credit: Americanapparel.net

I sent Customer Service an email and got this in response

" Unfortunately, that dress is not for sale yet. Be on the look out!

Angie Vogel
CSR - Retail"

Gah that's so annoying when companies advertise items that aren't for sale/available yet. What a tease.

I hate that. I saw a super sheer grey v-neck on a mannequin in a window once and asked the SA where I could find it but she said she didn't know and that it was probably not for sale.

^ I wouln't call them normal leggings. They're thicker and great for winter. I wish they came in more colours.

And AA should do a better job with the sizes. I have two pairs: one XS, one S. The small is tighter than the xs.

^ tell me about it, I'm a xs/s in their clothes, sometimes xs is too big and sometimes it's too tight, grr

I'm thinking of getting the unisex flex fleece zip hoody in cranberry, they are so comfy, I don't even mind paying £36. Is it cheaper to buy AA stuff on ebay?

I can't wait for this item! I love Breton tees! I have sooo many and I can't stop buying them!
RSAHS400W[2L].jpg

Has anyone had this for a while? The reviews are mixed because the stripes are painted on. Opinions?
serve.asp

Pics: americanapparel.net

BTW, this model is really cute!

i finally got my hands on the sheer mesh dress and i really like it. it's an amazing layering piece -it stays close to the skin and keeps you warm.

another aa haul coming tomorrow. striped ash/white tee. zig zag tee in purple/white, nylon jacket in navy. california fleece leisure shirt in ash and heather gray.

^ tell me about it, I'm a xs/s in their clothes, sometimes xs is too big and sometimes it's too tight, grr

I'm thinking of getting the unisex flex fleece zip hoody in cranberry, they are so comfy, I don't even mind paying £36. Is it cheaper to buy AA stuff on ebay?

Yeah it's cheaper, you could grab that hoody for about 22 pounds on eBay (including postage).

^ I wouln't call them normal leggings. They're thicker and great for winter. I wish they came in more colours.

And AA should do a better job with the sizes. I have two pairs: one XS, one S. The small is tighter than the xs.

What socks do you wear with the winter leggings? I wish they would have done winter thights, I don't see the benefits of leggings in the winter time.

^ I have the winter leggings and I love them! They are so thick that sometimes people mistake them as pants (although I would never wear them without a long top in public).

I personally wear ankle socks with them when I am wearing my boots. All of my other shoes are flats so I don't wear socks with those. Also when it gets really cold like -30 I wear tights underneath them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mattbaggwanders
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->