Capes

i love capes. i've got one grey pretty similar ot fabfifties one.

wore this vintage cape the other day...
IMG_2504.jpg

cute!

what do you all prefer, the longer version or a cropped cape?? im trying to figure out what a good length would be

i like a cropped cape for day and if i plan on taking the piece off. if i'm running errands and will be walking through the city all day, i love wearing a long one. it's dramatic for sure, but also makes for quick dressing (i usually throw it over a black am ap unitard and tall boots). i'll carry a structured medium bag and wear my hair in a low tight bun to offset the quirkiness of wearing something so big.

great tips thesiren. i live in southern cali, so it's never really cold enough to rock a long cape. i was thinking thigh length at most, but maybe waist or super cropped...i just dont know how they would look. i wear leggings all the time and boots, so i think it'd be cute with those

i'd wear a long fitted silhouette too, but only at a private outing .. :ermm:

i have seen t-shirt like coats which are classified as capes, in pattern making books. they are very cute

:heart: #197 and #207 capes...
I have to check through this whole thread, I've just fallen in love with capes (thanks Gius!!)

long time no see, nang ^_^
glad you like them!

same boy.. puff cape this time
attachment.php

dianepernet.typepad.com

stylesightings \ sartorialist for style.com

106zsjq.jpg
2159greyred.jpg

( ??? )
3287366152_01d316961b.jpg
haneli12.jpg

and finally, Peter Wolf
3309601649_3e3a67cd1f.jpg

altamiranyc / jak&jil

great tips thesiren. i live in southern cali, so it's never really cold enough to rock a long cape. i was thinking thigh length at most, but maybe waist or super cropped...i just dont know how they would look. i wear leggings all the time and boots, so i think it'd be cute with those

a cropped cape can be brilliant too. i started with those when i initially thought the long were too much for me (my how my style has evolved :blush:).
try ebay since the fit is pretty universal, and you can always have it taken in/up if it's too big. another thing i do is replace the buttons (if there are some) to update the entire thing for cheap. i've found cheap capes at thrift shops with shoddy buttons, but i just go pick up a few and have them replaced and it's a whole new look.

it's an interesting shape, idea
is it a knit?

i wonder if it has a collar because there seems to be something on the shoulder

^It is a knit, and it does have a collar that you can button up or down... It's from some high street brand that I don't remember. I has pockets too ^_^

very cute ^^ thanks

i am curious about the part where the arm joins the body
is it two pieces?
the sleeve and body

like a sleeve connected to a babydoll dress

too bad the warm weather kicked in already, after seeing this pictures of rachel weisz i wanted a cape like hers so bad. Next fall ill try to make it happen. It looks so versatile.
rachel-weisz-plaid-pretty.jpg

jj

I almost bought a cape off of ebay but my friend said it was a modern art explosion it was covered with drips pollak style and then had okeeffe like orchids airbrushed on top I think it was just all to much LOL I might need to buy it if they relist it but I dont know errg. I need to find a pic and get your opinion. In general I think capes are amazing. The other day a boy at my school was wearing a knee lenght double breasted cape with a hood and it actually worked really well.

i got a plaid cape recently...
really great for this change of season weather...
it's still cold in boston but i've been pretty much refusing to wear an actual coat :P

i'll try to snap a pic soon ^_^

does anyone know of any capes avaliable in australia. looking for like waist length one in simple black maybe? Thanks! or is it just as easy to DIY......

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
suchitha
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->