Capes

I don't think these have been posted in this thread...
Alexa Chung wore this cape at the start of 2008, I think:
2255962310_64b222fe51_o.jpg

2255962536_fd4774af8f_o.jpg

2255165763_d0267ebfa7_o.jpg

getty

that is lovely gius! the geometry,albeit more severe,reminds me of what sruli recht is doing now. i think i posted his work earlier in the thread,if i remember correctly.

btw,regarding the street posts earlier,love that puffa cape and the knitted one that guy is wearing.
i love recht's take on it too :blush: sharp angles.. squares, triangles jutting out.. very interesting silhouettes. and i think his can be worn more than one way, like a scarf

a capelet
in Milano
from plasticchoko.blogspot.com
plasticchoko.jpg

a couple of things...
i wonder if he can move. :lol:
and i love the wrinkles there, they look done on purpose.
and i also love the collar.. it almost looks like it might turn into a hood.

I think capes are beautiful, I'd really like a long, flowing, black one...mainly so I slink about the streets at night and pretend to be a crime fighter or a superhero or something. :lol: Seriously, though, one of the things I love about fashion, is how a single garment can make me feel like someone else, and allow me to play a character, in a sense. What can I say? It's fun, and I don't bother with fashion unless I can have fun with it too! ^_^

Article "Cape in Power" from Vogue Italia July 2006 by Renata Molho (I love the picture of Marianne Faithfull and Mick!)

Penelope Tree and David Bailey in London (1972), Angelica Houston and her mother Ricki in Dublin (1968), Yoko Ono (1969), Marianne Faithfull and Mick Jagger in London (1969), Iain Quarrier and Donyale Luna (1968).

(shots by me, sorry it's not the best quality since today there is no sun:doh:

avant-garde black wool cape with caped shoulder detailing with faux-Persian lamb trim

chevron zipped cape

Valentino Boutique Capelet

cream crochet jacket featuring scalloped detailing throughout

scarf cape in purple knit

Persian lamb wrap

wool plaid cape

(shopnastygal.com)

APC makes great ones. I nabed a navy trench coat material one at a sale. I hardly ever wear it though....guess it's time to dig it out!

I love LOVE capes, thanks for all those great images everyone!

I've actually got a dressmaking pattern for a cape, and it gives the measuremements to make it into a long flowing cape, or a shorter capelet. I love the flexibility! I haven't attempted to make it yet, but I'm going to have a trial run - I want the final thing to be a beaded embellished wonder!

Also, eBay are so good for capes, like someone else said, I love trying to find the perfect one on there!

Cape For Spring Breezes

July 1, 2009 / thesartorialist.com
orig posted by papa_levante

I Found a really fantastic one recently at the thrift. It's plaid with some gold buttons, I can't wait for cooler weather to bust it out!!!

that one is great lulu!!!! I found a victorian era one that is very similar to that.

I received my Lover black felted wool cape yesterday!! Its so beautiful I cant wait to wear it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silvercat90
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->