Caring for Damaged Hair (Colored, Bleached, Frizzy, Heat Styled)

oh god my hair was looking like owl poop not so long ago, I've bleached my hair to white in order to make it red, then i dyed it black, and every week i throw in some neon blue tint to highlight the black, and it has DAMAGED my hair.

two things that are very cheap and have worked for me are the VO5 Hot oils, and That Frizz Ease serum from john frieda right before you get out of the shower and squeeze the water excess, oh god your hair seems to be anothers'.

I also use the Frederick Fekkai olive oil glossing cream while its wet, so the hair looks shiny and silky smooth.

Last year when my hair was quite damaged (that was before I cut most of it off :P ) I found that Garnier Fructis Oil Repair products helped. It's just a regular shampoo and contioner line (there's also a nourishing treatment and a product I used for untagling after the shower), that costs the same as any other shampoo one would get at the grocery store, so I'd say it's worth giving a try. :wink:

Try the Pantene shampoo & conditioner, it works so well on my hair... I don't know what I'd do without it, lol.

Wash it only every other day, take hair vitamins, try really hard to keep blow-drying and straightening to a minimum, eat healthy.

^ How often you need to wash your hair is different with every person. There is no damage if you need to wash your hair evey day if you have the right shampoo and conditioner for it - and I have heard this from various hairdressers. I do agree with stopping blow-drying and straightening though.

i recently bought this, after using it once, my dry damaged hair became very glossy and smooth. i only use it about once a week, but it says you can use it everyday. avocado butter pre-shampoo hair treatment from burtsbees.com
084.png

Pre natal vitamins (the ones you take if you're pregnant) are incredible for getting your hair and nails looking amazing.

my hair used to be very dry with spilt ends so i had to let it cut a little. after that i stopped dying it and using products with silicone. and it has become much better now.
silicione is tricky as if you use it your hair will look healthy and glossy at first. but after a while the product will loose it's effect. this is because the silicone encases your hair. it builds up a coating which you can't wash out anymore. therefore other treatments can't reach into your hair anymore. it is getting dull and dry.

to get rid of the silicone film on your hair, you should use a peeling shampoo.
my favourit shampoos without silicone are tigi "oatmeall and honey" and mop "hydrating shampoo". tigi's conditioner works very well, too.

My hair is very fine, typical scandinavian, and serums are too greasy. It's just not working. I just want to add some shine. Can anyone recommend a shine spray? BTW, I have long hair (lower back-ish).

I got a new hair dryer and am addicted to it. Is isn't bad to use it on the cool setting, is it? My natural instinct would say no, but all this mojo is making me paranoid.

I use Alterna Hemp Straightening balm to blow my hair out, and I use Bumble & Bumble Curl Conscious Creme...Textureline Smoothing shampoo, and Ojon is supposed to be GREAT...Sephora is your friend.

I've tried all kinds of products to relieve my frizz. The only thing that comes close is Tigi's Bed Head - After Party cream.

my hair used to be very dry with spilt ends so i had to let it cut a little. after that i stopped dying it and using products with silicone. and it has become much better now.
silicione is tricky as if you use it your hair will look healthy and glossy at first. but after a while the product will loose it's effect. this is because the silicone encases your hair. it builds up a coating which you can't wash out anymore. therefore other treatments can't reach into your hair anymore. it is getting dull and dry.

to get rid of the silicone film on your hair, you should use a peeling shampoo.
my favourit shampoos without silicone are tigi "oatmeall and honey" and mop "hydrating shampoo". tigi's conditioner works very well, too.

Silicones don't cause build up, and they wash out easily with average shampoos. No clarifying or special cleansing shampoos are necessary.

I actually had a bunch of questions about silicones that were graciously answered by someone who's actually a scientist/chemist herself. Read here:
http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=159112

The build-up must be from other ingredients, not silicones.

Hope that helps!

i i have become addicted to kerastase. it is expensive but worth the price and process. the first thing i would reccomend for instant gratification (and i mean holy expletive my hair feels nice right away) would be an oleo-fusion treatment... it's a nice excuse for a scalp massage and your hair will feel amazing.

I too have been addicted to the Kerastase Oleo Relax line, although recently it is not doing a good enough job on fighting the Florida heat and humidity. By the time I step out of my house and make it to my car, my hair has been going flat and becoming frizzy.

I went to Ulta and found Redken's Smooth Down line and I am really loving it a lot!! I purchased "Butter Treat" which is like an intense deep hydrating conditioner and then used "Heat Glide" leave in serum before I blow dried/flat ironed.

It is 92 and sunny out today and I had zero frizz issues when I went out this weekend. I definately reccomend this line to kill the frizz!!

^ i have heat glide and just hate how heavy/sticky it is. it's even hard to wash off my hands. i can imagine how much harder i have to wash it out of my hair =\
i discovered the Phyto line and it is just amazing. it's super light but very effective. i may stock up on that next.

Damaged Hair (colored, bleached, heat styled)

I didn't see a recent post about this so I thought I'd start one.

Does anyone have frizzy, damaged hair?

My hair is FRIED after I dyed it black for years, then decided to try and bleach as much of it out as I could. I ended up with an uneven red so then I had to tone it w/ more red dye. I also blow dry & flat iron my hair daily because if I didn't I'd end up looking like Edina from Ab Fab.

Any way, I'm looking for some tips & good products to maintain the frizzy mess w/out making my hair all greasy. It's summer now and quite humid.

Thanks!

i do! i do! mines horrible. its platinum so it absolutely will not grow, but what i use to control it, is johnson & johnson leave in conditioner. you know, the baby stuff. :smile: works great.

^ thanks. i'll try it thanks. i swear that's what my mom used to use on my tangled messy hair as a kid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
user667sgn
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->