Encouraging Hair Growth - How to's and Products

The Lee Stafford masque seems to help my hair grow a bit. It's no miracle, but it does seem to help and really improves the general condition of my hair.

there are also a couple of protein treatments that help with hair growth..
I do recommend those!

So everytime I shampoo after the coconut/castor oil my hair remains oily...should I shampoo again right away or leave it then shampoo as I normally would?

shampoo it again ^

make sure u shampoo thoroughly - mine comes off after the first wash..

enjoyyyyy the shower/bath.

This may sound like silly questions but do you massage the coconut oil into wet or dry hair? How much coconut oil do you use? :unsure: I bought some coconut oil the other day but I haven't used it yet. My hair is quite long but there isn't that much of it.

I massage it into dry hair. I try to leave it on overnight too. You don't need that much, just a couple of tablespoons. Just enough to moisten all of the hair.

How much biotin do you guys take everyday?

I'm currently taking 2 fish oil capsules and 1000 mcg of biotin per day.

I take 8 pills of fish oil every day, about 8,000mg in total, a friend of mine saw a herbologist, and they said that's the 'theraputic' dose to take, I also take Whole Foods Hair Skin and Nails, and 2,000mg of L-cysteine. The L-cysteine I think is what helps the most as far as speeding up growth, but I've definitely seen my skin look much better since taking more fish oil. B)

I don´t know about vitamins etc. that makes hair grow faster.
But what helps me is clip-on hair extensions!
Easy put and easy to take off, better for your hair than glue extensions etc.
And if it good hair and same colour as your hair, it looks real and
even tough it might feel little wierd first you get used to it very soon
and don´t even notice it anymore.
YAY!

I don´t know about vitamins etc. that makes hair grow faster.
But what helps me is clip-on hair extensions!
Easy put and easy to take off, better for your hair than glue extensions etc.
And if it good hair and same colour as your hair, it looks real and
even tough it might feel little wierd first you get used to it very soon
and don´t even notice it anymore.
YAY!

I wish I were able to use those, I have about chin length hair right now, the longer my hair gets, the easier extensions will be to use. B)

^
yeah it is true that extensions might look bit wierd if hair is really short.
I think shoulder lengh is good to add some extensions.
My hair is shoulder lenght and extensions goes well with my hair.
Soon your hair will be long enough!

*bump*

I am also a member of the Longhaircommunity.com forum, and it seems like there are a few devotees over there of ingesting food grade diatomaceous (spelling?) earth. Sounds kind of ick-inducing to me, but it's apparently a good way to jumpstart growth. Members also post pretty frequently about treating their scalp with Miconazole cream to help boost growth. Has anyone over here tried either of those methods lately?

Okay so found this tea called The Republic of Tea "Get Growing". It is suppose to help your hair and nails grow and it keeps your bones stronger. Here is a description: "Herb Tea for Hair/Nails/Bones - No bones about it: strength is beautiful. From lustrous locks to oh-so-gorgeous nails, growth and strength come from what you eat - and drink. So when it's tea time, consider this caffeine-free herbal blend, based on health promoting organic rooibos.

A luscious little beauty treatment - the kind that works from the inside out. This natural blend with horsetail, oatstraw, nettles and silica, delivers minerals for body and bones we don't always get in our diets*.

Add the assertive flavors of Guatemalan black lemon and peppermint, and we're talking about one very attractive brew. Sip it and look forward to more good hair days."

I ended up buying this tea and another one from the same brand called "lose it" which helps with weight loss. I am really excited to try these two teas especially the get growing one. If anyone has tried this tea I would love to know your review otherwise I will update once I finish all 36 packs!

How is the tea going Sun Goddess? I have just massaged my scalp with a castor oil/ coconut oil mix. My hair doesn't grow as such its just I have recently gone back to brunette from blonde and I want it to be gorgeous hair!!!

I started taking Womens/Hair Skin and Nails multivitamins about a month ago, I think my hair growth is really starting to pick up. It's looking relatively long. I can't wait til it's all at my shoulder.

Fresh coconut oil is amazing for the air, it does encourage growth and strengthens hair.

I was told I had low ferritin (low iron stores) so my doctor gave me iron supplement, which has helped my hair. But I've added to it with the below, which he said was fine to do:

-L-lysine (protein)
-Kelp
-Biotin

And even though my iron stores are now fine, I'm still going to continue with the supplements as it's really helped my hair grow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silvercat90
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->