H&M F/W 12.13 : Lana Del Rey by Inez & Vinoodh

honeycombchild

Reaction score

WWD

After much speculation, H&M have confirmed that retro songstress Lana del Rey will be fronting their autumn/winter 2012 ad campaign.

The Swedish retailer revealed the link-up with Lana del Rey yesterday, releasing the first images from the autumn campaign.

Utilising Lana’s retro image, the campaign has a 1950s feel, with the singer seen posing in skinny peach jeans, a matching fluffy sweater and heavy chandelier earrings. She also keeps her signature nude lip, feline eye make-up and Priscilla Presley hairstyle.

"The mood is very L.A. noir," said Donald Schneider, H&M’s creative director. "It’s inspired by our fall collection."

Proving she’s every inch the ‘50s siren, the chanteuse also performs a cover of Elvis’ Blue Velvet in a short film for H&M’s website.

Last edited by a moderator:
She looks beautiful and that jumper looks lovely it's like a jumper i've wanted for a long time. Hope I'll be able to get it :smile:.

love it, simple and beautiful :heart:

i want that jumper!

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice but the second shot is WAY better than the first.

I am seeing the 50's reference come through very strongly here, but what I like most about it is how modern it is. Despite the theme, she does not look like a caricature from the 50's glamazon era.

that jumper looks lovely it's like a jumper i've wanted for a long time.
I know, I hope it comes in grey and navy. :heart:

Lara looks amazing. I only hope they don't make a habit out of this because I still prefer models.. if they're to change anything, it better be the David Sims feel of their studio shots.

Love her, love H&M but this looks like a Glamour editorial

They could have played around a lot more, especially considering Lana's image. The only difference between this and their other ads is that this features a famous face. What's the point?

the pink angora sweater is actually an older item from this spring.

perhaps they are re-introducing it?

Ugly and beige. Tumblr stans will absolutely love it.

Absolutely stunning shots of Lana, but I can't help but think she was a bad choice for H&M because she will out-shadow the brand and clothes themselves.

I think this woman is prettier without that photoshop, she's good, but the photographers work is a little bad. I can not see absolutely nothing creative.

What I like about this campaign the best is the sweater... It looks super comfy.
Lana looks pretty, I guess, but I don't like her facial expression in the first pic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mattbaggwanders
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->