Men In Skirts

Nothing says "Look at me" like a skirt with an picture of a big, giant target placed over your crotch. Fashion, I say! (src: bellanaija.com)
Givenchy-Jean-Paul-Gaultier-592x600.jpg

hubba hubba!!!

andro- genius!...

:clap:

what a lovely thing to come home to...
:P...

I'm trying desperately to find the PERFECT shot of a man in a skirt in real life.

But in the meantime, how about male dancers in flamenco gowns?

cfd9c56f7e504cf99d3ff718c9df1fff_zps3bb762ae.jpg

(src: maxiskirtednation tumblr)

Explain this one to me:

82dfdfe000a7aed427203f605d2bf0d0_zps3fcf0d1b.jpg

(src: miceofparadise tumblr)

Dries Van Noten/SS00

(src: crystallizations tumblr)

i prefer my men in torero outfit ... i've loved them since my childhood !!!
when you look at documentaries, and one can see them dressing, all the traditions and personal stories that go into dressing - this is better than looking at a backstage, or even fittings.

but flamenco boys in skirts ...
mmm. why not. :ermm:
btw: which ballet is it coming from ? are the flamencas in boys pants ? what's the story behind this ballet ... ?

i suggest everyone to have a look at this (when possible) ...
Rizzoli is publishing a book by Ruben Afanador - the title: Men of Flamenco
(I posted 2 pictures that are "Men in skirts" oriented, but this is not only what the book is about!)

i see that you're looking for skirts in color for men...
i've never buy a skirt specifically design for men (i wonder if something changes on the genitals ... probably the stupidest question ... EVER), but I wear sarongs with a lot of pleasure ... (I talk about the sarongs men wear in Asia, not the thing you wear on the beach). I've noticed the tube-scarf-top-whatever-you-want-it-it-can-be by AA is actually just a piece of sarong. Knot it as a sarong (there're different schools, but I knot most the time my sarongs), and hop you have a skirt ... the color you want (well the one you've bought at AA). Or I would advice to go to your "Little India" (or any fabrics store), buy the one of your choice, and voila ... Then you ask your tailor, or you do it yourself.

Explain this one to me:
That's the sixties. :lol::rolleyes:
Probably Cardin or Courreges ... I think they've done some menskirts ... I'm pretty certain I've already seen some images.

To be sincere, if I could (well I can, but, you know ...) I would wear a sarong or a thawb (the dress of men in Middle East) everyday !
:heart: When I was leaving in Middle East, I would change in a thawb, or a djellaba at home. I had my winter thawbs (grey and black) and summer ones (white), and I'm not even from the Middle East ... :lol: or any arabic countries.
But these guys in the eastern world know how to dress (and wear what a western would name a dress or a skirt)

Attachments

• slide_375322_4385688_free.jpg
    slide_375322_4385688_free.jpg
    360.2 KB · Views: 6
  • slide_375322_4387190_free.jpg
    slide_375322_4387190_free.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 7
NTU Taiwan is getting a men's skirt event to support gender issues.
via ntugenderequality facebook

they did it in some French highschools in spring 2014. non ?
i thought it was a funny initiative, though still stupid - but strikes, and stuff are a tradition for high school students in France (especially a strong parisian tradition - where high school kids can go on strike, from a very small number of pupils to a larger, for anything they would think does not correspond the image they have of French Republic). Here it started in Nantes - north western France (I think there're some French tFS-ers from there).
it was to support Women's Right, or something like that. A sort of skirt day

The operation of awareness of the problems of sexism , entitled "What raises the skirt ", launched by elected school and accepted by the Academy of Nantes on the basis of voluntary institutions , concerns only 27 establishments in addition to 220 ' invitation to girls and boys to wear a skirt or a badge , the initiative is primarily to organize exchange time on the subject in secondary schools.
LIBERATION.FR

(I guess there was a reference to the movie with Adjani: the Skirt Day) to fight girls who are daily "harassed", attacked (verbally and phisically) - I do understand to use a symbolic like this is pretty easier to work in a cinematic way.

But as a symbol to fight sexism I R L, I thought it was ridiculous. Wearing a skirt doesn't embody being a woman. there are more symbols.

i think the skirt to define/make-real difference/equality between genders, men and women ... shouldn't be the only item.

be omnisexual.
ahah. i don't know what it would be.

Last edited by a moderator:
From their page info, the NTU event is mostly dedicated to body-conscious-fitting statuses, like transexual, non-trans and others. I don't know if a skirt is politically perfect for that, but at least it's a loud way to break into this issue.

Sorry if this sounds vulgar or anything but....from an anatomical perspective, it makes more sense for men to wear skirts than women.
Though one reason women wore wide skirts was to accommodate menstrual rags before the advent of personal care products for that purpose

Just left it here, nbd.
Versace fall 2015
nowfashion.com via marcBarna

Some skirts at Dries van Noten F/W 15.16

style

Love the 7th one.

Good job, Nymphaea!

I can look at the photos in your post all day long, and be quite the happy man. :smile:

Very complete article. I personally like men in skirt! Why not? Pants were reserved for men 150 years ago and women started to wear them.
Plus, in antique civilizations, men were wearing skirts because the form of this piece of clothing was a symbol of connecting with the earth energy (it's like an inverted funnel dragging the energy to the body).
And to be honest, I like to know that people can wear whatever they want, without being limited by other people's tastes.
So yes, definitely yes!

No,no no. Unless you're a Scot, a Pacific Islander and some Muslim cultures, its wrong. The merging of genders is just getting ridiculous these days. Besides, men's legs were designed for pants...ahem. :rolleyes:

It's rare to see a man in a skirt here, but I certainly take it as a sign of confidence--or else an absolute inability to repress yourself, which is good too. I did see a guy recently at Starbucks wearing a skirt--apparently we were both on roadtrips. He was with a much older woman I took for his mother, but I could've been wrong about that :wink: He had tats, multi-colored chipped nail polish, rings, I forget the hairstyle--braids? He also had a cane because of a medical condition. He definitely seemed unusual, but I'm all in favor of letting your freak flag fly! The world would be a better place if more people did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silvercat90
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->