Model Casting F/W 17

In relation to our discussion about whether girls are just trying to be 'exclusive' or if they are actually not booking anything...AEL did an Instagram live stream and someone made the comment that she was barely booking anything recently. She went quiet and said "maybe it is my choice.. maybe I just get to choose to do only my favourite shows b*tch." The user then said "yeah sure, you get to choose any show and you choose La Perla" and she finished the live stream immediately. It made me feel sad for her :(

So I just looked at the cast list for Miu Miu and I feel bad for my exhaustion slump that triggered my rage... I was expecting those three models to come to the runway but apparently only Kendall did (and she didn't open or close the show)... :(

Oh well, maybe I had to retract my words there. I see less dumpster fire this season...

Oh, and btw, is EZ @ Oui the same person as the one who walked Alexander Wang?

In relation to our discussion about whether girls are just trying to be 'exclusive' or if they are actually not booking anything...AEL did an Instagram live stream and someone made the comment that she was barely booking anything recently. She went quiet and said "maybe it is my choice.. maybe I just get to choose to do only my favourite shows b*tch." The user then said "yeah sure, you get to choose any show and you choose La Perla" and she finished the live stream immediately. It made me feel sad for her :(

Oh dear, I feel bad for her... :(

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems like some girls were shut out of the top shows completely. I mean Vanessa Moody is a fave of Karl yet she did not walk Fendi or Chanel.

I do applaud shows like Chanel and Miu Miu for being quite diverse.

Binx Walton had a quiet and great season... I think she will land some great campaigns, Marc Jacobs for sure...

Wow, so that was Brooke Perry! She blended in quite nicely.

I thought the LV cast was great and far from boring. I don't really know what people are expecting? Strippers on stilts?

LMAO
I agree and at least you could see there faces. The last few shows the girls have either had clown hair and makeup or been covered by ridiculous hats.

I love how loyal Nicolas is to his girls and I love how he rebooks his favorites. Absolutely loved the cast at Vuitton and it's the one I'm actually looking forward to the most every season because you actually see multiple interesting new faces on the line-up. Same thing when he was at Balenciaga.

This is random but does Brokaw usually cast girls girls that do VS like Brooke Perry and Lias Oliveira?

This is random but does Brokaw usually cast girls girls that do VS like Brooke Perry and Lias Oliveira?

I don't think it's Brokaw but the designer. I remember Miranda Kerr walking for Balenciaga under Ghesquiere for multiple seasons.

^ Also Romee for Ralph Lauren, when she casted it.

There were 28 models of color at Miu Miu. And 24 white models.

Jasmine Daniels, Sohyun Jung, Joan Smalls , Dilia Martins, Wu Qian, Iesha Hodges, Achok Majak, Shanelle Nyasiase, Samile Bermannelli, Adwoa Aboah, Ez, Xiao Wen Ju, Nur Hellmann, Radhika Nair, Ellen Rosa, Sveta Black, Aiden Curtiss, Melissa Anderson, Binx Walton, Jiang Xiao Yi, Liu Xu, He Cong, Shujing Zhou, Aira Ferreira, Elizabeth Ayodele, Samantha Archibald, Chu Wong and Aaliyah Hydes (Closed)

lol I was there for that live stream and that moment and a majority of what you said happened is true, but she didn't immediately end her stream after that.
plus iirc she was backstage at DVF at the time.

lol I was there for that live stream and that moment and a majority of what you said happened is true, but she didn't immediately end her stream after that.
plus iirc she was backstage at DVF at the time.

Not sure as I didn't see it, read it on another forum :smile:

:heart::heart::heart:
There were 28 models of color at Miu Miu. And 24 white models.

Jasmine Daniels, Sohyun Jung, Joan Smalls , Dilia Martins, Wu Qian, Iesha Hodges, Achok Majak, Shanelle Nyasiase, Samile Bermannelli, Adwoa Aboah, Ez, Xiao Wen Ju, Nur Hellmann, Radhika Nair, Ellen Rosa, Sveta Black, Aiden Curtiss, Melissa Anderson, Binx Walton, Jiang Xiao Yi, Liu Xu, He Cong, Shujing Zhou, Aira Ferreira, Elizabeth Ayodele, Samantha Archibald, Chu Wong and Aaliyah Hydes (Closed)

I wonder why girls like Lexi Boling, Anna Ewers never walked for Louis Vuitton under Nicolas Ghesquière (only walked with Marc Jacobs before). Is this something with Alexander Wang and his Balenciaga related?

I wonder why girls like Lexi Boling, Anna Ewers never walked for Louis Vuitton under Nicolas Ghesquière (only walked with Marc Jacobs before). Is this something with Alexander Wang and his Balenciaga related?

I wondered if it was a Wang thing as well, since Nicolas used to really like Hanne Gaby when he was at Balenciaga but she hasn't walked LV since Nicolas took over.

Maybe he simply doesn't like them. They're already so overexposed and LV casts are usually carefully curated with models he has a personal bond with.

I wondered if it was a Wang thing as well, since Nicolas used to really like Hanne Gaby when he was at Balenciaga but she hasn't walked LV since Nicolas took over.

Hmm, I see. But Sarah Brannon and Sora Choi are doing both Wang and Vuitton shows seasons after seasons. And I also noticed Natalie Westling and Kiki Willems showed up at Wang this season too. For the first time if I'm not wrong.

Maybe Wang is being selfish just for these four: Anna, Lexi, Hanne + Binx. So we expect never see Rianne Van Rompaey at Alexander Wang show then?

But again, we all know Lexi as Ashley Brokaw' favourite. And Louis Vuitton casting is Ashley. So it's really interesting for me!

^ lol, I hardly doubt any of that is the case. There's no feud between Nicolas or Wang.

I doubt Hanne ever stood a chance of walking for LV and Anna, Lexi and Binx are simply don't fit LV according to Nicolas and Ashley. Simple as that, there's nothing behind it.

^ lol, I hardly doubt any of that is the case. There's no feud between Nicolas or Wang.

I doubt Hanne ever stood a chance of walking for LV and Anna, Lexi and Binx are simply don't fit LV according to Nicolas and Ashley. Simple as that, there's nothing behind it.

Why? Hanne walked Balenciaga several times under Nicolas, as mentioned (FW08, SS09, FW09, SS10, FW10, Resort 11, SS12, FW12), and he also often lent and gave her outfits and supported her career. She also walked LV every season for years under Marc, so I think it is a little odd to say 'never stood a chance' of walking for LV.

Last edited by a moderator:
Girls are starting to arrive for Prada's cruise show in Milan this week.

Like who? There's a lot of girls in Paris right now for Chanel in two days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LiliesAreLovely
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->