Pom Pom Power

Oh sh*t, Astrid, I want your sneakers :shock:

Ok, im going to Wal Mart tonight, get some Dr. Schoolls, silver sequins, a glue gun, and im gonna get creative :shock:

Hanne,I L-O-V-E those!! Grey and dull,they're still cool :woot:

Hanne you wrap bracelet is sooo pretty!! :woot: :heart: Wish I was as creative as you are :blush:

fifa...thanks for posting that bag...really cute and fun...wow...pompoms are even bigger than iever thought they'd be...i thought i was kinda pushing it with the pomoms...i had no idea they would be so mainstream!!!... i'm loving it...!!

hanne...i think that looks so pretty...but i like subdued elegant colours...so it will of course appeal to me...the only thing i might add is some hint of black or some silver to punctuate it...

jennifer~ said:
I'm gonna make those sneakers :ninja: :heart:
Let me know how it works out, Ale & Jennifer. I wanted the black pair but they were sold out of my size. If you can make them, I'll pay for your supplies and hardwork to make me a black pair. B)

softgrey said:
hanne...i think that looks so pretty...but i like subdued elegant colours...so it will of course appeal to me...the only thing i might add is some hint of black or some silver to punctuate it...
I made a white pom pom ribbon and a mixed white/grey/charcoal pom poms tied to a thin white twisted ribbon as well..but when I put all of the ribbons together it was too much..and not very subdued more like overload..the mixed one is actually long enough for me to use it as a belt once I regain my waist.

hanne ...you give new meaning to 'idle hands are the devil's playground'...
you have been very busy with all these pompoms...so creative...:woot:

No..just goes to show what not having a television set will do to you :wink:

:lol: wow...i'm shutting mine off immediately... :innocent:

Pom Poms have reached the NY Times...

Text:
The holiday hurly-burly of Fifth Avenue from Rockefeller Center to 59th Street left no room for loneliness. Strolling about were throngs of tourists, some in native costume, speaking many languages; top-hatted ushers leaving St. Thomas Church; and little girls wearing tiaras or carrying their dolls. Visitors and New Yorkers alike sported fur pompom scarves, sold by sidewalk vendors for about $15. The festive parade included a romantic tableau on the steps of St. Patrick's Cathedral.

09street.jpg

I was organizing my messy needlework box and to my surprise found the address for that amazing haberdashery on Lower East Side that I was talking about aeons ago in this thread..it was cheap and a real treasure trove..Softie if you get anywhere near 114 Stanton Street you need to visit Trim Land ! (open 10:00am-5:00pm saturdays closed).

the long chains of pom poms like rows of onions are HIDEOUS!

yeah...not a big fan of the fur pompoms...and seriously...what is up with all the pics of kids?...

it's like an epidemic...:innocent:

my pom poms are starting to break, I guess I put to much yarn in them

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
user667sgn
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->