The Skinny Jean Scene #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
only skinnies for me, haven't worn loose pants since the high school in the 90s. i'm only 177cm tall and have a 26-27# waist, so i think i'd look totally short and ridiculous in baggy jeans or maybe i've just gotten too comfortable with my old style. i only buy acne and balenciaga stretch jeans, always in black. i really recommend the balenciagas to everybody. the price is not even that bad compared to many premium denim brands like acne or superfine, they're around 200 euros and the quality & fit are superb.

American Apparel slim slacks are very soft and well made, I love them. I tend not to get them my exact size, because I do not like my jean to fit like spandex, but either way, a nice investment, trust. You must go to the store and try them on though, simply because I have experienced certain waist sizes, depending on colour, to be sized incorrectly.

I've been living in those jeans all Winter and this is not an exaggeration , they are the most comfortable trousers ever, it's so cold at the moment that I just just gave up on fashion, those jeans are the only reminder that I used to wear something besides wool...:lol:

I love skinny jeans too - I'm only 5'5 too, but bootcut look so boring - skinny jeans make your legs look longer.

There's nothing better than a freshly washed pair of stretch skinnies. They fit well and snug on all the right spots! :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
I just love skinny jeans and can't imagine living without :P

here I put two of my favourites :

blue D&G :

please do not quote images. thank you.

and bought last summer dark blue miss sixty :

dumbfairy my advice - go shopping as soon as it is possible and buy a good pair of skinny jeans !!! :smile:

LOVE your boots, btw

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank You Sydney101 :smile: I love them too but unfortunately they are almost three years old and won't live forever :cry: :wink:

I love skinny jeans! I think they're very flattering to the figure and you always look chic in them no matter what top you're wearing.

i personally think this trend is slowly dying now...

So what are people wearing instead, where you are? Or what makes you think it's dying?

Here in France it's skinny jeans on 99% of girls, and back at my home in the US well, it was never a trend in the first place so people are still wearing "bootcut/flares." I've seen some wide leg jeans in both places but not enough to say they're becoming bigger than skinnies.

That's a nice belt in Post #4,835. Same goes for the boots. The Dolce & Gabbana jeans look great in the same post, as I like them slightly more than the Miss Sixty skinnies (and I'm a Miss Sixty fan).

Thank You John_M - this belt is also Miss Sixty :smile: and I'm a great fan of Miss Sixty too !!!

I love skinny jeans!!! If i could have skinny work pants i'd wear that to work too!

Style File: The Skinny on Legs
http://www.style.com/stylefile/2009/05/the-skinny-on-legs/

May 12, 2009 2:58 pm

Make of this information what you will: I was recently informed by the publicists for both Acne and Ksubi that the denim makers will be introducing their “skinniest jeans ever” for fall. (Same wording, both times.) Given that neither Acne nor Ksubi has ever been known for the roominess of their fits, this bit of spin struck me as either specious or confirmation of the fact that the long, skinny leg is coming back with a vengeance. Look at the Fall runways—leather leggings, over-the-knee boots, mini everything. Sigh.

I've got several pairs from Primark for less than £8 a pair. I don't wear them for 'best', but for work and just going round town they are great and pretty decent quality considering the price.

^ The superskinny, painted on jeans should die away. Those are just too constricting.
I'm with you on the slight skinny jean, I wear those all the time. Slim enough to enhance some curvature on the leg, while still holding it's shape as a jean = :heart:

yeah I know, I don't think I could ever live without them

and the superskinny ones have just reached a new level, the denim leggings:ninja:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
user667sgn
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->