Red Hair

yesterday I did bleach my hair and did put red hair colour.
since my hair was dyed to black like hundred of times there was only hint of red.
now I am having another bleach and another red hair colour wating me.
let´s hope it turn out good!
it is going to be dark red...like cherry red. hahha don´t know how to explane better.

yesterday I did bleach my hair and did put red hair colour.
since my hair was dyed to black like hundred of times there was only hint of red.
now I am having another bleach and another red hair colour wating me.
let´s hope it turn out good!
it is going to be dark red...like cherry red. hahha don´t know how to explane better.

If your hair has been dyed black over and over, you might need several rounds of bleaching to get it red, maybe even go to the hairdresser and get it done. I tried to bleach my hair, which had been dyed black for a few years, myself, and it didn't work- the black pigments just wouldn't go away. I reccomend going to the hairdresser instead of bleaching and dying at home 10 times, to avoid completely destroying your hair.

^
I did bleach my hair two times and added the red colour, I am satified the way my hair looks now. It is red, like deep red wine red just the way I wanted it to be.
Oh, and I did put lot´s of good conditioner in my hair and it is fine.

I really did not wanna go to hairdresser because they never do what I wanna them to do. They allways make my hair look bad.....

i kind of want to go reddish.. im used to having black/blue-black hair but over the summer i did a ombre color and im sick of it... so i want a really dark reddish-brown.. any color ideas? im very pale.

My new copper shade for fall. Love it.

6279130672_9967ba786a_z.jpg

i have my natural haircolur, but would love to try red. is there a way to temporary dye it red but not losing my natural colur? normally i am proud of having my natural haircolur, but i feel like i need a change.

i'm currently trying to grow my natural hair colour out, but i hate it so much. it's an ashy, medium-blonde...it's like a non-colour, absolutely boring and liveless:cry:
but i used to colour it so much the past 10 years that my hair was pretty damaged and i just cut it relatively short and it's finally healthy again, so i want to stay strong and not colour it...but i'm currently obsessed with this haircolour, it's such a beautiful red shade

i've even bought a hairdye, but i haven't used it yet...i'm always going back and forth, one second i want to grow out my natural haircolour and the next i want to colour it:ninja:

^use henna and chamomile. Henna has lots of protective qualities and will make hair appear healthier and shiny. the chamomile will prevent it from going to red.
Do a strand test first so you can work out how long to leave the henna on for but as you have light hair you would probably only need to leave it on for a short amount of time.

alternatively you do a red gloss at the salon.

I'm STILL searching for the perfect red hair colour. Everym type I've tried hasn't been copper enough. I'll let you know when I get it though :flower: Red just feels lovely and festive for winter.

Does anyone know of any somewhat *natural* COOL red shades?

I am very cool toned blue/pink toned porcelain skin that looks good in ash based colors. Yellow makes me look dead and orange makes me have an unhealthy glow.

I know that blue-based and violent-based reds would suit me, but I'm looking for something pretty natural, not 'punky' looking, if that makes sense. I know red-red and blue-red doesn't occur in nature, but I thought perhaps there are shades where the base is not so obvious? Every cool red I'm finding is either too purple looking or just too dark. Any fellow cool toned ladies have any luck?

I *really* like this shade, but do you think it's cool based enough to suit me? This is what I look 'borderline natural' and just before it starts looking a little freaky, or is this too fake looking already?
This is the red I have in mind, plus a sample of my almost transparent skin:
15hvi.jpg
url

I think that one above definitely looks fake.
How about an Alison Sudol kind of red? It's not exactly natural looking and also not punky looking.

finefrenzy.jpg

music.gearlive.com

btw, I'm cool based and favor copper reds. :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
That color is certainly very pretty! I really hope my skin will accept a copper tone, but as you say, you're cool based and it seems to work fine. I think I'll present that to a color consultation and see what they say :smile:

my poor hair
:cry::doh:
first years and years and years dying it black,
then i did few bleach and put red colour two times,
then i tought no no i need black back, so i dyed it
and now i did anothe bleach and put red back
and today i will do little bleach here and there and put another red...

anyway, my hair is in good shape thank you good hair conditioner.

i was wondering how to keep red hair as good as possible for a long time? it seems like it fade out so fast and i really do not wanna dye my hair that much anymore...red hair is bit complicated to keep up.

now my hair is deep red wine-ish red but when it fade out i hope it would look like this:

2yx5ix4.jpg

lady--stardust tumblr

I've been thinking about dying my hair red for months now. Finally in November I will be dying it. I'm super excited!! Can't wait. I was born with natural strawberry blond hair that turned to super blond...and now it's a dirty blonde color.
There's just something about red hair.
Can't wait!!!
:heart:

One more thing. I noticed a lot of you guys are raving about Caca Rouge Mama by Lush.
Does it live up to all the hype?
I'm planning on getting my hair dyed in november at a Salon, however it's not permanent but a demi permanent. If I happen to love the color a lot and want to dye it red again. Is the caca Rouge the way to go?

This is not the greatest picture. But it's the most current as to what my hair looks like now. If I were to use the Caca Rouge Henna. Does anyone have an idea to what my hair would turn out looking like?
k33jfl.jpg

Switched my appointment getting my hair dyed next Thursday...I was impatient. lol

I've been obsessing over this shade of red hair. I'm most certain this is the color I'm gonna go with. (The color from her roots) I just looove that shade of red! (The color looks different from my laptop than my cellphone. I much prefer what it looks like on my cellphone screen)
Can't wait!!! :heart:

28iw2ad.jpg

source:http://****yeahredhair.tumblr.com

35c1pvd.jpg

source:http://****yeahredhair.tumblr.com

Mcclair- what color do you have now. And you have natural red hair?! Lucky!!! :smile:

^yes, I'm a natural red head. I dyed it brown and it's not the same! No offense to brunettes. :smile:

^yes, I'm a natural red head. I dyed it brown and it's not the same! No offense to brunettes. :smile:

I bet!! If I were you too, I'd definitely keep it red.
I was born with strawberry blond hair...which then grew out very blond to a mousey brown hair. :/
Wish it would've stayed strawberry blond. haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drogbahu
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->