Red Hair

i wish my hair was naturally red, too. i hate dyeing it. so i stay with my dirty blonde. but i would love to have naturally red hair.

myown- Have you ever dyed it red before, and if so did you like it? I'm also a dirty blond...mousey brown hair color. I'm going in on Thursday to dye it red for the first time. I'm anxious...I know it's a lot of upkeep. But I'm still excited none the less. It's gonna be a 3+ hour appt. Because my stylist is a perfectionist...lol. Can't wait!!

the upkeep is the only thing stopping me from going red again. i feel like no other colour washes out as ugly as red :( you really need to dye it a couple of times to get enough colour to stick on your hair for a while, otherwise it just looks horrible after a few washes. (maybe that's just my hair though, but i felt like brown or darker blonde shades were never as problematic) i'm also a mousy, ashy blonde (naturally), i'm trying to grow it out now, i'm sick of colouring my hair, but red is the one colour that i see on other people and wish i had ;(
so jealous of you girls, have fun being red-heads :wink:

^don't tempt me!!!:lol:
but i know i'll get weak sooner or later, so thanks for the tip:flower:

Alvedansen- haha just give in!! You could always opt for a more auburn color that's more brown but has a red in it. I'm guessing the upkeep on that color wouldn't be as much of a hassle.. .but im only guessing on that.
Posted via Mobile Device

myown- Have you ever dyed it red before, and if so did you like it? I'm also a dirty blond...mousey brown hair color. I'm going in on Thursday to dye it red for the first time. I'm anxious...I know it's a lot of upkeep. But I'm still excited none the less. It's gonna be a 3+ hour appt. Because my stylist is a perfectionist...lol. Can't wait!!

yeah i dyed red it before.
when i was 14-22 i dyed my hair in so many colors.
I had a really light red. a deep red. a strawberry-blonde (which seems reddish in the sun) and chestnut-red.
i had my hair black when i was about 18. you can´t get rid of black unless you dye it in some red. and i loved it a lot.
when i had my "skins uk" - phase I had this red like the twins had.
i really loved it.
i am so jealous of my babysit-kid because her hair is a natural red, but a real red, not blondish or like a light carrot. it´s a red.

i hardly ever upkeep my hair. only when i notice it gets too dry. i think it depends on your hair how much upkeep you have to do.

what i hate about dyeing is that you see roots so soon. maybe you meant that by "upkeep"? when i dyed my hair blonde I had to re-new the blonde every other week. the roots appeared so dark and it looked lazy and dirty. red was easier. i hadn´t to dye it that often.
but i dyed my hair by myself. it´s much cheaper.

Alright here's my red hair!
...I looove it!!! :smile:

f3uf7q.jpg

Aww I appreciate the kind words McClaire and Alvedansen! Thank you. :smile:

Do any of you guys recommend an eyebrow pencil? Just to give my eyebrows a tiny bit of a red hue. I don't want to look too matchy. But I wouldn't mind having a little bit of a red color added to my eyebrows. My eyebrows right now are lighter than my hair color. It's hard to tell in the picture I posted. Because they look kinda red in that picture. lol.
My eyebrows don't look bad actually, I might even just leave them as they are.
But if anyone knows of a great eye brow pencil. I might just give it a shot.

Last edited by a moderator:
^I know Bare Essentials makes a powder but you can wet it and it makes a great gel.

It's not an eyebrow pencil, but I personally use MAC's brow set gel in "Girl Boy," and I'm a natural ginger. My hair is a bit lighter then yours but that color might work (or you could try a shade darker too). I really like this one because it makes the brows look really nice and natural (not like when you see some people's brows and you just know that they used a pencil/gel).

Thanks so much you guys. I actually bought a pencil from maybelline in auburn. And luckily I have a good brow shape call I did was go over the hair to give it a red tint and it worked great. Doesn't look like I pencilled them in at all. However I'll check the mac "girl boy" set out as well as the bare essentialss.

Thanks you guys. :smile:
Posted via Mobile Device

Anyone know of any good color depositing shampoo?
I haven't washed my hair yet. I bought a brand of shampoo and conditioner called Bangstyle (It has no sulfates or parabens) Looking forward to using it. But I was wondering if there's any color depositing shampoo that's sulfate and henna free.
I looked into Riveting Reds by Quantum, but that contains henna.
My hairstylist is against the henna. I'm not sure of the quality of the henna that the shampoo uses either.

I've been looking around and it seems like a lot of depositing shampoo has been discontinued.

If any of you guys know of anything, let me know.
I want to keep my red hair as long as I can before my next salon visit. :P

^Try John Frieda Red for redheads. I don't think it's color depositing but it is a red color. If you can skip washing every other day.
I get a glaze on my hair so it doesn't look so dull. To keep it longer I just scrub out my hair first with warm, then cold water (no shampoo or anything) every other day.

Thanks McClaire. I will look into the John Frieda products. I believe the shampoo has sulfates. But I will definitely look into the conditioner.
Thank you!!

Just re dyed my red hair again. This time I put more of a redder auburn color over my faded copper tone. I looooove it! :smile:
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm still loving my red hair. It's coming up on a year since I first dyed it. :smile:

most of the models on modcloth.com are redheads, some very nice shades for inspiration :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LiliesAreLovely
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->