Slouchy Everything F/W 06.07

Kimkhuu

Reaction score
The next big thing...

If you are tired of the skinny everything (pants and jeans especially) from the past seasons, this trend is going to be an attractive option. Slouchy pants, coats, skirts, tops, dresses.... Everything is being supersized.... ...and not to be confused with the oversized "puffy" (as perfected by Balenciaga) trend which is much more structured than this. This time around we're talking about comfortable, loose clothes.

What's your take on this trend? Flattering or not and are you ready to let go of the skinny trend?

Ann Demeulemeester F/W 06.07
Source: style.com

00170m.jpg
00260m.jpg

Marc by Marc Jacobs F/W 06.07
Source: style.com

00110m.jpg
00580m.jpg

Reminds me of Mary Kate Olsen. Ick. No bag lady-chic for me.

I think it's not for everyone though to wear loose things head to toe (i.e. if you're short). I personally love it - but would probably balance it out a bit more for everyday wear - fitted tops with slouchy trousers, slouchy cardigans with tighter pants. However, I would love to wear loose skirts and slouchy oversized coats (kinda like falling kimonos) - I think it's v. dramatic and striking.

i'm not quite sure i could pull off the whole look, but i'm incorporating looser tops with my skinny and tailored trousers and shorts, as well as slouchy dresses and coats with tights. perhaps by next winter i'll be ready for the whole shebang :smile:.

I think the looser silhouette can look flattering as long as it isn't overdone. I agree with susie_bubble - I'd like mixing up fitted and loose pieces.

i agree with xiao.

you definately need it to not be overdone. just kinda grazing the skin you know. too much is frumpy.

but if it done minimully, its flatter

I like the looser pants (except jeans-they must be fitted) but as far as tops I can't go loose.

I like it, but I wouldn't wear everything slouchy, just one item at the time. I love those slouchy trousers and jackets. Slouchy bags bug me though.

I bought an oversized cashmere v neck a few months back, it's so big that it falls off my shoulders-i love it, it's perfect for flying.

I like slouchy skirts, and slochy cardigans, tops, coats and jackets and love slouchy dresses.
But I don't like slouchy pants, althought I wore them a lot when I was 12-15, I think it would be really difficult to get used again to this kind of trousers after all the skinny pants thing.

with slouch pants you need a fitted top, for huge slouchy sweaters i think leggings look good but it looks like working girl circa 1985 and I HATE THE 80s fashion so , Im going for slouchy pants and fitted top and flaunt my chest!! ahahha jk

second thought skinny anything is getting overated wether its tops or those horrid skinny jeans , so i think its cool a loose silhouette has arrived.

Bored of the skinny look too. I don't think the majority of people will start to wear this trend, at least I hope so. I adore this and have adored for long, and I would be mortified if it is to be the next "skinny jeans". Not sure is it a trend though, this has been around lately in the collections, but hasn't become a trend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LiliesAreLovely
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->