Slouchy Everything F/W 06.07

I can see this trend being severly misused:doh:

slouchy tops and skinny jeans is a look i definitely like. im not giving up the skinny jeans for a long while yet, sorry :P they flatter me and im not going to give them up because they're becoming too trendy or going out of fashion. i don't mean to sound bitchy but in this thread a lot of people seem to be sheep, just because you're closer to the front of the flock doesn't mean you're not part of it.

I never liked skinny anything, so I really like this. Love my baggy jeans and trousers B) .

i dont really mind about trends being flattering or not, what i dont like about this particular one is the fact that no one is gonna be using balenciaga shapes or anything because they dont care about the idea, they're gonna go for the huge-everything look that's been bombarding us for the past two years and that's been hidden under different names (boho, baggy, whatever). it's actually very annoying and at least here, only fashion victims are doing it in a disturbing way...and will keep doing it i see. :wacko:

hasn't this trend been around for some time now? with the all the maternity tops and oversized cardis

^ Probably, it's a classic but it is starting to be much more prominent this season..... And this time around it's a bit more "shapeless", last seasons, the look was more egg shaped, everything was puffed up in a very calculated way.... now things are getting a bit more loose, carefree and slouchy.. If that makes any sense!

WhiteLinen, I think this is officially becoming a trend. I think a lot of people are just tired of wearing and/or seeing skinny pants and this seems to be a quite attractive option for them. :wink:

I don't mind people wearing it, I'm not " oh I'm so unique I'm the only one who should wear it ", but I liked skinny jeans at first ( though not this much ) but then they became this awful trend. Here you can see them everywhere, mostly on emo kids. That's why I'm scared!

Still I think I'm going to buy a pair of slouchy trousers for spring. Not sure about the colour though.

Does anyone have pictures of slouchy outfits from the past decades?

i think tht a bit slouchy is ok, but if everything is slouchy... then it looks like a hobo on the street trying to keep warm. EX: #4, picture #1:ninja:

Yes, it can get a little bit MKO in the real life, but on the catwalk it looks nice and simple.

love the samples posted + wearing it is easier and comfy:smile:
i'm tired of good fitted jeans searching ...

i just hope people don't take this trend and start looking like ravers circa 1997

I'll go for the slouchy tops and skinny jeans :wink:
I know but I still love my skinnies! :o

Last edited by a moderator:
Slewfy said:
i just hope people don't take this trend and start looking like ravers circa 1997

Well I hope not, because that's not what this trend is about. There's a romantic vibe going on this time around. :flower:

rave pants

are hideous as high waisted skinny jeans , just nasty ... the new slouchy pants are of a better material and are tailored ...i think this pant will take of finally after years of flares and skinny jeans , its the sexy boyish and comfy alternative.

milkeyedmender said:
slouchy tops and skinny jeans is a look i definitely like. im not giving up the skinny jeans for a long while yet, sorry :P they flatter me and im not going to give them up because they're becoming too trendy or going out of fashion. i don't mean to sound bitchy but in this thread a lot of people seem to be sheep, just because you're closer to the front of the flock doesn't mean you're not part of it.

You rock! :flower:

milkeyedmender said:
i don't mean to sound bitchy but in this thread a lot of people seem to be sheep, just because you're closer to the front of the flock doesn't mean you're not part of it.

:P

But when are you a leader, and when are you a follower? People don't usually live in bubbles, so they are influenced by what's going on in the world...

We've been seeing and talking about volume for a while now, and it simply feels like the time is right for it to a lot of people. If it feels right to you, go ahead and explore it; if not, don't. Simple as that.

Personally, I like it a lot. I was a teenager during the 80's so this feels very nostalgic to me ^_^ and I have been buying some CdG/Yohji again the past year... Not that I haven't always appreciated their designs/philosophy, but I haven't felt the "need" to actually buy and wear them for a long time. If that makes me a sheep, so be it. :P

I still love and wear my skinny jeans,i like to think i dnt wear them in the contrived,super trendy way that some girls do.
I find the idea of desperately trying to be at the forefront of every new trend before it happens very exhausting.
Besides they wont catch on where i live for at least 3 months
:rolleyes:

Attachments

• mang.JPG
    mang.JPG
    20.7 KB · Views: 5
Last edited by a moderator:
With worries sounding like a b*tch, which I don't intend to be,I speak these words:blush: :
I don't usually wear stuff because it's trendy, but because I happend to like it..
And it's not that easy to buy something that's not trendy. Because in stores they follow trends and that's when/where you see the stuff/clothes.
So going shopping and avoiding the trendy clothes, is not very easy..
It don't mean that I'm like 'one of a kind' or super cool because I don't follow trends, but come on; Is it really that annoying seeing people with clothes that were trendy last fall?
I do agree seeing people 'trying to hard' and being waaay over scheduel (I don't know if I write that correctly:P) is frustrating, but then again, not everyone got the money to buy clothes every month, so I think it would be be nice to let people wear what they like, eventhough it may look terrible in your opinion:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
user667sgn
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->