The Cat's Pajamas - Pajamas as clothing

ellastica

Reaction score
Coco, Before and After

June 9, 2011 | Chanel, Louis Vuitton, pajamas

stylesight-pajamas-louis-vuitton-resort-2012-coco-before-chanel2.jpg

The office is all abuzz about the Louis Vuitton Resort 2012 collection that just came out. In a key look from the collection, model Arizona Muse channels another iconic fashion muse, Coco Chanel. The image instantly conjured this memorable still of Audrey Tautou in the 2009 film Coco Before Chanel down to the elegant coif and cross-armed pose. The Louis Vuitton “dayjamas” trade in ivory-colored silk for fun blue leopard spots and updates the menswear classic with a boxy double-breasted design. The grandpa cardigan remains relatively true to the original, however, and the matching helmet and Prince Albert slippers thoroughly carry out Mademoiselle Chanel’s renegade spirit in a fresh, offbeat fashion.
source: blog.stylesight.com

Long-time advocate of Pajamas as daywear/red carpet attire: Artist Julian Schnabel

schnabel-pajamas3.jpg

source: artsology.com

I prefer the minimalist rendition of solid navy fabric with a pop of white piping:

8.+ryan+gosling.jpg
7.+audrey+hepburn.jpg

source: habituallychic.blogspot

" The Alexa Factor "
teenVOGUE November 2011
Stylist: Heathermary Jackson
Photographer: Paola Kudacki
Hair: James Pecis
Makeup: Tamah K

source | teenvogue via MMA

Sofia Coppola shot by Ben Toms in US VOGUE November 2011:
img035.jpg

source: domestikatedlife.files.wordpress

Last edited by a moderator:
From the resort 2012 collections, I can only seem to remember the looks from Celine, Stella McCartney & Vanessa Bruno.

I find this style so offputting. I mean it can look good in editorials or in films but I just can't see it working in real life. At least not a complete looks like this.

Anastasia Barbieri did the pants well

1259diorAnBWeb.jpg

The Sartorialist

From the resort 2012 collections, I can only seem to remember the looks from Celine, Stella McCartney & Vanessa Bruno.
will you please post these if you know of more pajama looks...
because all we have so far is one look from LV that everyone shot...
plus that crazy julian schnabel- who always dresses like that and has for years---and i don't think anyone is looking to him for fashion tips..

:P

we need more than this for it to qualify as any sort of trend...
thanks!
:flower:

Dolce and Gabbana Spring 2009
jessica_alba1_300x400.jpg

timeinc
beckinewtondolcegabbana.jpg

photobucket

Last edited by a moderator:
2009...?
that's not exactly current...:ermm:...

but thanks!
:P

poor jessica alba...she looks ridiculous!
whatever stylist convinced her that look was cool should be banned from fashion-
:ermm:

sorry-I'm still not buying this as a trend so far...:innocent:...

:lol: i know is from 09 but ohh well just feel like posting them. that Dolce collection was all Pajamas :lol: and i also dont think this is a trend. :D

Tommy Hilfiger Fall Winter 2011.12
00220m.jpg
00200m.jpg

Stella McCartney Spring Summer 2012
00250m.jpg

D&G Spring Summer 2012
00010m.jpg

Céline Spring Summer 2011
00230m.jpg

*Style.com

Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen in Tom Ford Pyjamas in US Vogue April 2011.

article-1368982-0B4A26AF00000578-527_468x701.jpg

*Dailymail.co.uk

Haider Ackermann Spring Summer 2011
00180m.jpg

Rochas Spring Summer 2011
00390m.jpg

Dries Van Noten Spring Summer 2011
00170m.jpg
00350m.jpg

*Style.com

I really love these by Derek Rose. Pyjamas for Men, i would either wear the trousers or the top, not simultaneously together.

*Mrporter.com

I feel like this is a trend that only looks good in movies or on a select few people. I could never see the masses wearing silk pajamas (although granted so many people choose to wear pj's in public nowadays that perhaps this would be an improvement). And the only guy I like seeing wear this trend is Ryan Gosling, somehow he just makes them work. But you know, that's just Ryan... :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wxzaqk
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->