Can stirrup pants be far behind ?

so what is the difference between them and leggings? if I remember them correctly, their fit behind the knees is worse than leggings....

otherwise, if you are going to hide the strap in boots, why not just wear leggings? Or skinny jeans?

BAHAH! NOOOOO.

I used to wear my stirrups over my shoes when I was 5 or so because I thought it was cool- my mom would always go crazy over it. :lol:

but, i intend to abstain from this trend

Even I remember wearing them when I was 5..... mine was corduroy forset green pants

Oh no! Oh, no no no! Most of you girls don't remember stirrups and how they would bow out at the knee after several wearings, such that it looked like you were wearing clown pants. Or maybe those were just the inexpensive ones I could afford when I was in high school.

They were a great look, but they wear out so quickly.

Oh no! Oh, no no no! Most of you girls don't remember stirrups and how they would bow out at the knee after several wearings, such that it looked like you were wearing clown pants. Or maybe those were just the inexpensive ones I could afford when I was in high school.

They were a great look, but they wear out so quickly.

That's right I forgot about the knee part-that's funny I used to happen to me all this time. I'm sure it was the quality, it would happen to my leggings too.:D

this girl in my class was just talking about bring back the stirrup leggings. I can see this happening. give it a few months or so...

so what is the difference between them and leggings? if I remember them correctly, their fit behind the knees is worse than leggings....

otherwise, if you are going to hide the strap in boots, why not just wear leggings? Or skinny jeans?

yes...i have all the same questions..
especially considering the "DONT's" that softie posted on the previous page..
dont let the stirrups show..dont wear with flats...make sure a boot / shoe covers the stirrup...

why not just wear leggings?..who would know the difference if you're covering up the stirrup anyway?...
and i agree about the fit behind the knee...i remember that...they seem to bulge or hang loose there....leggings are a much better fit because they're not hooked on to the bottom of your foot..

:lol:..

they seem very similar to treggings (trousers as tight as leggings) but without the elastic band around the foot.. I think I'll stick w. the treggings.. the 80ies still haunt me a bit.. and as lavieenrose writes in post #24 the bowed out knees just aren't very attractive :doh:

Last edited by a moderator:
yes...i have all the same questions..
especially considering the "DONT's" that softie posted on the previous page..
dont let the stirrups show..dont wear with flats...make sure a boot / shoe covers the stirrup...

why not just wear leggings?..who would know the difference if you're covering up the stirrup anyway?...
and i agree about the fit behind the knee...i remember that...they seem to bulge or hang loose there....leggings are a much better fit because they're not hooked on to the bottom of your foot..

:lol:..
i had all the same questions too. and what i thought is exactly what you said

i remember wearing stir-up pants in the early 90s as a kid and seeing grown ups wear them and hated the fit at the knee and the ankle, it was always too loose.

Haha it's funny to see this is becoming a trend!
Because I actually wear them as sports clothes, when I'm (figure)skating.

i don't like leggings, so not going to wear stirrup leggins
and jeans? i prefer them with a bit of 'stack' at the ankle.

i thinks trends are cooler when they start at the street..not for sale at sites like shopbop with brands like Seven jeans, etc. you know?

i have to say...i agree with you guys about preferring leggins...
which show off the shape of the leg so nicely...

but i think these are intended to make the 'legging' looks 'doable' for ladies who may not have the best legs...
as stirrup pants do not hug every curve...they are more 'forgiving' if your legs are not your best asset...
add a little bootie with a bit of a heel in the same colour as the stirrup pants and the effect is that it actually elongates the silhouette...
so it's appealing for those reasons...

*it's so funny...i forgot about how they would stretch at the knee...
that used to make me crazy as well...
i was very picky about that...
^_^

to be honest...
i don't intend on wearing stirrups myself...
but i just feel like it's coming...
because there are a lot of younger
girls out there who havent' really done it yet and they are going to want to try it for themselves...

maybe shoulder pads will come back too?...
:innocent:

well, the structured shoulder is apparently big for spring....:innocent:

Shoulder pads , the whole of Christopher Kane SS08 , those stirrup pants and I've seen people wearing those dancer leotard things that are pinned ahem..(what is their official name ?) Oh gosh it's scaring me.

how about for men...

the Prada mens FW 07/08 show featured them quite heavily.
which can be seen here

I actually remember thinking they looked good...:ninja: maybe because it was relatively subtle

A few local designers are already producing them for both sexes, and the trendy kids are catching on fast!

i must confess i absolutely LOVE the look of stirrup leggings. saw them on the runway, so chic underneath a dress. they create the prada footless socks look for you instantaneously. here's the kind i like:

image1l.jpg

image2l.jpg

pics via asos.com

prada did stirrup pants for men in the f/w 07 collection :stuart:

00050m.jpg
00240m.jpg

They can look good. adorefaith posted this in another thread and I think the subject looks lovely:

2005903247238721994_rs.jpg

(style.com)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giuliagiachetti
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->