Sabato De Sarno - Designer, Creative Director of Gucci

Bummer, I already forgot about that show, when is the Ancora men in store ? It feels like forever since they showed and still nothing to see on the floors...
They showed the collection back in January, so the collection should be in store for June/July.

pier paolo? surely it has to be

also the younger guy.... daniel lee??? thank god that didn't work out
did i really say daniel lee omg i meant kim jones... i keep getting these british white men confused

Piecing together the clues here along the designers WWD mentioned, we have 7 designers who could've been considered before Sabato:
- Pierpaolo Piccioli
- Maximillian Davis
- Adrian Appiolaza
- Fabio Zambernardi
- Walter Chiaponni
- Davide Renne
- Remo Macco

Disclaimer: This list is simply me making a semi-educated guess and not me actually revealing anything.

^ that’s correct, I also know of 1 more head of womenswear but don’t know which brand. Most likely Italian as well. The funniest thing about that list is that all of them declined.

This is not interesting at all. Kendall Jenner, Bad Bunny, Bella Hadid, etc, this is not the group of people you want to be affiliated with if you want to make a brand desirable and cool, which is what Gucci needs to do.

That abominable luggage ad and things like this deteriorate the brand image. Gucci needs to go back to the drawing board. Alessandro Michele turned out to quite the talent in terms of creating brand image, and even if it wasn't everyone's cup of tea, at least it was strong and dynamic and not cringey.

GettyImages-2150612303.jpg
VOGUE

They showed the collection back in January, so the collection should be in store for June/July.
That was such a horrid choice. Imagine seeing the womenswear version in the clearance rack while the men's arrives in the store at full price at the same time. He should have went full on Ancora for men and women. The fact that he copy and pasted the women's collection not just for another collection, but for another season entirely is simply inexcusable. Surely someone behind the scenes must have thought of that, or are they so narcissistic and self absorbed that they didn't think of the long term repercussions of such terrible decision making?

Head to toe Ancora! Major! Go Sabato gooooo.
Let's see how long it takes to get this aesthetic across to their clients.
And with kind of urban culture will help fuel the aesthetic.
The Michele era was made mainstream by hiphop.

This is not interesting at all. Kendall Jenner, Bad Bunny, Bella Hadid, etc, this is not the group of people you want to be affiliated with if you want to make a brand desirable and cool, which is what Gucci needs to do.

That abominable luggage ad and things like this deteriorate the brand image. Gucci needs to go back to the drawing board. Alessandro Michele turned out to quite the talent in terms of creating brand image, and even if it wasn't everyone's cup of tea, at least it was strong and dynamic and not cringey.

View attachment 1267801
VOGUE
It screams wannabe real estate agent in a reality show, on her way to tour another 60 million IG mansion in Bel-Air.

^ that’s correct, I also know of 1 more head of womenswear but don’t know which brand. Most likely Italian as well. The funniest thing about that list is that all of them declined.
more than half of the people never where on the list to even decline for various reasons 🤭

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nocknock
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->