Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2010

HAHA i used to think the girls used the music as a cue to when they should go back in during the finale, and here you see a lady run out to let them know it's time to go

^ I know!! That's what I was talking about in terms of 'messy' presentation. The set changes were dreadful too!

Just a question, but where did Adriana come from in the opening? Was she inside that white cylinder?

^ I know!! That's what I was talking about in terms of 'messy' presentation. The set changes were dreadful too!

Just a question, but where did Adriana come from in the opening? Was she inside that white cylinder?

I think the set changes were messy is because they're was so much set dressing and so many set changes. It seems to go okay for what they needed done.

What you see here is exactly what happens at the Oscars. EXACTLY.

I just wish the producers would have told Akon to stand still while the models are walking. Strange, Seal managed to do that quite well and the runway was thinner and shorter. What Akon's problem?

I think Adriana stood behind the spinning thing and hopped on when she was supposed to.

Thanks Sav, that's probably it. At first I was like, where did Adriana come from?! lol

The fact that they had to have a lady come out and get the girls during the finale is a bit embarrassing though. You could actually see it in the TV version too.

Does anyone wish the finale would have been more like 05/06? Where the girls all walk down the runway and back, then dance at the end. The dancing twice was kinda repetitive this year. Plus it would have been nice to have a last look at all the girls as they come down the runway and smile at the end :smile:

Also, have they removed fans at the end of the runway? I kinda liked them cuz the girls looked flawless at the end of the runway with the wind in the hair, lol.

I don't think that there is too much you can do about a set changes other than to not have lots of sets or set components; furthermore, if you are doing it before a live audience they probably prefer it to be quick rather than pretty.

I thought swapping Adriana out for one of the dancers was way cool and it was my favorite part of the opening.

Speaking of special effects, how was Ale able to keep tossing and blowing glitter in Wild Things, she did it three times and it was not as if glitter was spilling as she walked (or at least I did not notice it)?

I am fine with Akon's moves (kudos for not totally falling on his butt when he had an unfortunate encounter with a model's wings); but it looked like the models were given one set of directions (interact with the audience and the singer) and he was given another, or at least not told to expect that the models would interact with him and for him to reciprocate. Also, it looked like much of the footage was taken from the second show which seemed less messy, but still too awkward. Unless Akon's rehearsal was at the same time the models were doing appearances, then I don't see why the models did not rehearse with him - there was footage of Akon rehearsing and there were crew people standing in as models, and in contradiction to my comment about models being at the rehearsal, I told myself that I was going to find a way to get on the VS stage crew next year just so that I can be a model stand-in. :wink: Anyhoo, I will go as far as to state that publicity events should not be scheduled during artist rehearsal times and that at least half of the models should be present at the artist rehearsal. Although to be fair, Heavenly Bodies looked good on TV, especially to the viewer who only watched the show once or twice, so it was not a failure from that standpoint; but VS and CBS should not bank on being able to edit their way out of a HAM like they did this year.

I just wish the producers would have told Akon to stand still while the models are walking. Strange, Seal managed to do that quite well and the runway was thinner and shorter. What Akon's problem?

I think he took it a little too selfishly and decided that he was going to shine.

To be fair though, Justin Timberlake was just as bad in 2005. he wasn't blocking the models way like Akon, but he did take up the stage. you probably didn't notice him as much as Akon because Gisele completely stole the light and never gave it back :lol:

Comparing the two tapings, I think it's well edited. All the alternative poses, walk are quite weird. Like Adri in opening seg, Heloise and Behati(PINK) edited posing is better.

And I really hate Akon more ! He's all over the runway trying to get more air time. Lily D is fierce to not get out of the way, making Akon "crawl" under her wings. Anja on the other hand don't have a choice(her wings are so big) but to "jog" to make Akon out of the way, and what I hate more was him standing on the 3/4 of the runway, making Izabel crash with Anja wings. And once again, making Marta squeeze her way through.
Candice's edited pose is cuter !

Selita's doing a "six" hand-sign at Wild Things trying to tell everyone this is her sixth show ?!? :blink: .. How on earth Ale got so many glitter on her hand to throw in the air, blow it and throw into air again !?

KK and Isabeli has complicated closings. They both walk back and forth. *weird* and Oh dear Edita, 2 show always with mistake. But love her little pose when she turn back to exit right. Stam almost hit Gracia with the tip of her wings. And Maryna is literally hitting things whenever she walk - F.I.E.R.C.E !!

Lily A. walks like a little girl in a beauty pageant instead of a model on a runway.

For all the planning and rehearsal they do the show seems so chaotic. I am actually more impressed with most of the girls that they manage to make it look as good as they do. :smile:

For those asking about Ale, what we saw was mixed footage of two tapings in the unedited version. In one, she had the glitter in her hands and threw it as she reached the beginning of the runway. In another, she walked with her hands closed and blew it at the camera at the end of the runway, then she had some remaining and threw it up.

^^ I agree with your comment about Lily A. She was probably the worst on the runway this year. I'm still questioning why VS likes her so much. She is just so RANDOM.

Also agree about all the comments regarding Akon. He needs to GTFO of the way. But props to the models for pulling it off; he looked bad, not them.

Loving this discussion guys! Keep it coming :smile:

I kinda wished VS would show the set changes, and other secrets that the viewers don't see; it's quite interesting.

Lily Aldridge is probably one of VS' best spokesmodels. if not the best spokesmodel at this time, especially among the newer VS' models.

ETA:
I don't always like Lily's goofy moves, but I like that she has the confidence to not try and be a conventional runway model.

Last edited by a moderator:
^maybe among the newer faces but I have always felt that besides Heidi, Tyra, and Gisele, the best personalities/spokesmodels were Selita and Marisa. I know people disliked them a lot, even I did at one point or another, but whatever they lacked on the catwalk or photo shoots, they brought to life in being interviewed. Again, my personal opinion.

^maybe among the newer faces but I have always felt that besides Heidi, Tyra, and Gisele, the best personalities/spokesmodels were Selita and Marisa. I know people disliked them a lot, even I did at one point or another, but whatever they lacked on the catwalk or photo shoots, they brought to life in being interviewed. Again, my personal opinion.
I agree and was referring to her being one of the best / the best among the current crop of Supermodels / Angels. I think that your point, "whatever they lacked on the catwalk or photo shoots, they brought to life in being interviewed" explains why I would not bet on Lily, Chanel or Erin going anywhere anytime soon. Although, you never know, because I never thought that Marisa would have departed when she did; put it this way, a so-so performance at the VSFS is not going to jeopardize a Supermodel / Angel if she is delivering in other areas, namely catalog sales and appearances.

Yeah, between Maryna and Lily, his butt would have definitely hit the ground - although Maryna would have probably tapped it first. :D

I wish we would have gotten a better look at Maryna's Country Girl walk, because it may have been the best one of the entire show; that reminds me, :yuk: at all the crotch embellishments.

Okay so I guess Lily A and Erin have their social skills going for them.

Well then what's Chanel excuse? She's terrible at interviews, show, and photos. If someone can post a picture of Chanel that hasn't been photoshopped to death where she looks remotely sexy/attractive then I'll give you karma.

Last edited by a moderator:
for the most part, i do like the editing that we saw on TV.

I think watching the raw footage takes away some of the magic though...the stage looks smaller, the girls don't look quite as fantastic without all the in your face moments.

but yes the changing stage should be in the televised version, it shows the hard work that goes into making this thing work.

^_^I wish she could have walked in heavenly bodies segment and could also hit Akon:stuart:-_-:evil:

Yes ! She could be wearing on of those wings and not care about him, and hit him hard in the face ! But not Lily's one, cos she rocked it, Akon has to crawl under her wings ! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Limpcheesestick
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->