Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2010

I think he took it a little too selfishly and decided that he was going to shine.

To be fair though, Justin Timberlake was just as bad in 2005. he wasn't blocking the models way like Akon, but he did take up the stage. you probably didn't notice him as much as Akon because Gisele completely stole the light and never gave it back :lol:

lol:heart:

Finally saw the unedited show(thanks to whoever got it) and I have to say that they did a good job with the editing this year.

The most annoying part of the show- hands down AKON, who even surpassed Lily Aldridge in that department. Way to ruin an entire segment.

Regarding Edita's sense of direction, I am willing to give her the benefit of doubt and say that she did it to avoid colliding with Lindsay and her Country wings. They both had wings and it seemed to me that Edita waited patiently so Lindsey can make her entrance without any sort of accident occurring.

The best part of the show- KK!! The way she moves with those wings was amazing.

Cannot wait for next year to see how the dynamic will change(hopefully for the better) once the two angels on maternity leave make their return.

It's weird that most members here thinks KK and Isabeli has amazing closing, and surprisingly both have complicated closing IMO. Isabeli walked back then walk to the front to pass the dumbbell to the gymnasium, while KK turned before going back ...

I was just watching old shows (-05,-06, parts of -07), and noticed how hilarious Angela was in all of them :D Didn`t she even say after one show (08?) that she tought she went a bit overboard there. Well, she definitely did, but it was all fun :lol:

I loved many outfits this year. Weird how I still think Game on outfits were the absolute cheapest looking ones but the section itself had a great energy and I liked it very much.

Now that I`ve seen Natasha walking VS, I think she really should have been there this year. She is gorgeous atm, and the brown hair is back and all...

^ I agree, Poly would have been amazing this year! I would have put her in Wild Things and Tough love :smile:

As for Lily A, has anyone noticed a trend for her to always lift up her clothing?

Seriously, girl needs some runway lessons. How the hell do they they NO to Poly, Ana BB, Trentini, Hana, Andi, but YES to this?

And did anyone notice how in the end of the unedited version, when Chanel was waiting around for Katy, the spotlight was just on Katy? Chanel was left in the shadow, where she belongs. lol

Here hoping that next year will be about WOMEN. Doutzen, Miranda, Adriana, Ale, Candice, Rosie.

I think I remember reading past VSFS threads that Poly goes to casting, and she gets cast, but in the end she is the one with the scheduling conflict & can't make the show?

here's to our Poly 2011 campaign! :woot:

You guys are most welcome for the VS footage!

On another note:

I think I know why we haven't been getting the 2003/2005 style VS remixes...maybe someone else here figured it out, but they got rid of Alex De Betak. He's the French guy always yelling in the earlier shows...is usually is very good at telling the music producers what he wants the girls to walk to. The whole show got a completely new producing team starting with the 2006 show.

Could you IMAGINE what kind of remixes we would be hearing right now if they kept Alex?

I have to admit, when Chanel cried, it was such an authentic expression of emotions. I kinda like her more now. :shock:

The music in Game On was by far the best in the show, but the rest of the music really didn't do much, same ole play-the-whole-song-as-is formula that they've been going with for the past few years. More mixes VS!

Props to Katey Perry for singing live - that was hard to do and to sound the way she did. Akon - hon, you can't expect us to believe you're really singing when the song uses autotunes...

Overall a very good show, miles better than last year.

I don't like some of the editing (omission of Adriana's foot stomp/how many times do I need to see Vin Diesel, etc), but other than that, I really can't complain much this year:lol:

Well done VS

^ yes yes and yes...He is the key to understanding why in recent years the shows have been so bad!
Alex actually did all!, music, staging, instructed the models how to act sexy, fierce and classy on the runway without looking like a clown, etc.....

please VS, bring him back!

even though the music producer for the VS show is the same since 2001, you can tell that he doesn't have direction anymore. He's probably thinking "well they want a romantic song... let's give them a full romanic slow as hell song". They got really close to the 2005/2006 era with the Game On segment but technically they didn't. The "Bad Romance" remix was already created by someone else. They just added two different songs.

I agree that they need to bring Alex back. But maybe his methods were too old fashioned. Idk if he could survive doing another VS since its all about the girls pumping up the audience now and having fun instead of walking and posing.

btw the last time i saw this Alex guy was while watching style.coms coverage of John Galliano's Fall/Winter 2009 show. He thought of the laser/snow effect.

Just wondering, but does anyone have a guess for the rates of each model that walks the show? I wonder how much a non angel makes just to walk the show.

I've said this a lot, but maybe now that Carine isn't with VP anymore she could replace Charlotte? Carine loves VSFS!

Merry Christmas, Goobers!:wink:

I have a little present for you lot.

It's an unedited version of VSFS 2010 from a couple of hand-cams (I'm assuming; it's not my footage). :blush:

FYI, this is the entire show. Performances, runway, everything. It's over 30 minutes. B)

The quality is not the best, even at 349MB, but this should provide some very delicious entertainment for you VS fans.

28vztxc.jpg

Enjoy:heart:

crap i wish i could watch but m school server blocked it :(

nvm :lol: i saw it on youtube.
Man Maryna was out to slap anything in her way :rofl:
at the finale was smacking balloons back at people in the crowd :lol:

saw the unedited version. I have to say I prefer the edited version (to my big surprise)
it was so messy... the wings, Akon absolutely ridiculous, the balloons everywhere...
it was quite chaotic in my book.
The big and loooong close-up on magdalena's butt was weird but made me laugh though.

funniest thing i've ever seen in my life

Abbey Lee is the BEST

British GQ – Victoria’s Secret Issue 2011 » GQ Feb

gq-feb-cover-2011.jpg

IMG MODELS BLOG

Hmm, I am a little surprised that Brit Rosie is not one of the cover models.

Just be thankful Chanel isn't on there. It would de so disturbing.

Actually, I wouldn't have minded the contrast in color and they could've just photoshopped the hell out of her like they did to everyone else.

^ haha good point. but you can't just photoshop hips on! i think it would look really awkward. there are some models i just don't want to see in a GQ spread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giuliagiachetti
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->