1891-1956 House of Paquin

Black wool coat, circa 1945, labelled, single breasted with three large domed glass buttons, interesting embroidered detailing to the curved pockets and integral scarf panels, the skirt cut low at the back, padded shoulders.

56_1.jpg
56_2.jpg

56_3.jpg
56_4.jpg

kerrytaylorauctions.com

Paquin Ivory Satin Afternoon Gown
Circa 1900
Of ivory silk with self-patterned stripes figured with small leaves arranged in opposing diagonal directions, the bodice high-necked, with long ruched sleeves, the lively interplay of the fabric design accentuated with the stripes arranged vertically at left side of bodice, horizontally at right side, and diagonally at top back, the bodice fabric further manipulated with tucking in band at mid point and at shoulders in elongated pointed collar effect that extends into back and crosses with mid point band, where a checkerboard effect is created, the gored skirt trimmed at bottom with rows of ruched silk ribbon, labeled: Paquin 3.Rue de la Paix 3. Paris,and brown paper tag with pin with pin-pricked number 2927A.
doylenewyork

Attachments

• 280067.jpg
    280067.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 1
Paquin.jpg
Paquin
Afternoon dress
Black point d’esprit, silk taffeta, grosgrain ribbon, lace
Circa 1902, France

The Rockefeller family member who wore this dress would have made a striking figure among the muted pastel tones of Belle Époque fashion. Jeanne Paquin layered black fabrics and trims of varying weights and finishes to achieve nuanced variations in pattern, shade, and texture. At first glance, the detailed embellishment appears subtle and restrained, adding to the refined understatement of this fashionable black dress.
fitnyc.edu

98_1.jpg

98_2.jpg

98_3.jpg

98_4.jpg

A Jeanne Paquin labelled green lace and satin flapper dress, Summer 1927, large woven satin label, dated and numbered 40563, with diagonal satin bands converging at the front with two floating panels, interal satin waist slip
kerrytaylorauctions.com

Hi everyone!! I'm new here, wanted to add an image of an early 50s couture silk handbag label (likely created to go with a gown)....I'll add a pic of the bag later at home, I just realized I don't have one here without a watermark from the site.

paquin1.jpg

Ang

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
russmah55
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->