2011 MET Costume Institute Gala (attendees): Alexander McQueen: "Savage Beauty"

some more outfits that I don't think have been posted. All via Daylife.

Trumps
trumps.jpg

Jessica Alba
albad.jpg

Mary J. Blige
blige.jpg

Sofia Coppola
coppola.jpg

Fanning sisters
fannings.jpg

Ingrid Vandebosch
ingridvandebosch.jpg

Jill Fink & Patrick Dempsey
jullfinkdempsey.jpg

Lauren Bush
laurenbushdylanlauren.jpg

Malgosia Bela
malgosia.jpg

Amber Valetta, Eva Mendes, Rashida Jones
mendesvalettarashida.jpg

Nicole Richie & Britt Maren
richiemaren.jpg

Cindy Sherman :ninja:
shermanv.jpg

Amber is such a goddess. She outshines Eva and Rachida.

Lily D. looks super cute! Who's that handsome guy with her :ninja: Is he a designer? I believe I've seen him somewhere...

I guess this is the mess that happens when McQueen dies, Galliano gets fired, and Christina Hendricks really just lets it all hang out.

:rofl: That night was tragic. Literally. I think I liked maybe max 15 outfits so far. RIP McQueen, thank god you were not alive to see this.

i'm loving so far gisele, liu wen, hailee steinfeld & jennifer hudson.

Here are my choices:

Loved:

Liv Tyler (The best of the night IMO)
Florence
Blake Lively
Haillee Stainfeld
Madonna (shocking!!!!)
Bar Rafaeli
Sarah JP
L'Wren Scott
Natalia Vodianova
Diane Kruger
Liu

Hated:

Christina Ricci (scary, and what the hell was going on with her hair???)
Naomi Watts
Beyonce (she tried, but she couldn't pull of the dress)
Dakota
Claire Danes (and all CK girls)
Rhianna
Lea Michelle
Diana Agron
Kristen Stewart (girl, makes us a favor: if you don't like these events and if you don't care for fashion, just don't come. It's easy!)
Jessica Alba

Last edited by a moderator:
Worst

3. Lea Michele, who has once again only shown up at an event to have her picture taken. Clearly didn't get the clue.
2. Fergie and Serena Williams.
1. Christina Hendricks. Saggy, unflattering and dreary against her pale skin. A what-was-she-thinking-moment if there ever was one.

Jessica Alba seems to have also shown up only so people wouldn't forget about her.

Best

3. Madonna
2. Diane Kruger - that is as close to flawless as flawless gets.
1. Liv Tyler - one of her best ever looks. Stunning from head to toe. She has really made Givenchy her own.

I also liked Michelle Williams (which is rare). And Rihanna's braid.

Disappointments

Chloë Sevigny - another joyless black outfit from her.
Christina Ricci - if it hadn't been for the hair, this could've been pretty good.
Lara Stone - very pretty, but CK is a poor fit here.
Milla Jovovich - as boring as her 2009 Marni. Once again, I wish she had worn a gown.

Actually, most of the rest were disappointments really. Especially the younger generation of (acting) starlets seems to have only shown up to look pretty rather than to embrace McQueen.

This year was a bit dissappointing. Maybe MCQueen dresses/suits are harder to come by since his passing but many designers were influenced by him. Maybe the theme was a bit more difficult-- past years themes left a lot of room for play.

Still, this is one of my favorite fashion related events. Kudos to Wintour and team :flower:

Doutzen looked beautiful

A. Winotur- what an awful dress... many stars looks ridiculous or strange!

Naomi? too much on dress!

I am really surprised, negatively

Last edited by a moderator:
Diane Kruger is my absolute favourite.

The only other one that come to mind after seeing all the looks at Vogue.co.uk was Chanel Iman's look.

My Top Three

1. KK
2. Liv Tyler
3. Christina Ricci

I also really liked
Michelle Williams
Karlie Kloss
Diana K

I think that the biggest problem with Naomi's look is her princess party hairstyle. Although the dress would look much better if it had one less layer and it just had the body hugging effect.

Absolutely disappointing. There were maybe 5 that i loved. 3 that i liked and a the rest were just blah. And then there was Kate Hudson and Isabel Lucas who both looked atrocious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misanita
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->