MET Costume Institute Gala 2016: "Manus x Machina: Fashion in an Age of Technology"

Many designers/brands have reportedly used innovative techniques (laser cutting and 3D printing mainly) instead of going for a simple robotic interpretation of the theme.

That's what SJP told a blogger on Instagram who accused her of not respecting the theme:
Got the memo. Always welcome thoughts but I’m a stickler for the theme and pay close attention to what it means. Every year with great consideration, research and conviction. The understanding of man and machine, how they intersect, when and why is what we considered. Perhaps you weren’t aware of the technology used in the details and embellishments of the design. Or perhaps you simply didn’t like what I wore which is completely fine but you can’t accuse me of not paying close attention and adhering to the theme. With respect and warmest regards, sj.

Source: Just Jared

And what she said in T Magazine about this year's theme:
This year's theme, 'Manus x Machina: Fashion in an Age of Technology,' is far more challenging than themes of years past, mostly in terms of how I wanted to express it as I understood it. It wasn't as straightforward as past themes, like the era of punk in fashion or examining Chinese culture in fashion. What is technology? And what does it mean when applied to fashion? We didn't want to simply apply lights and actual, physical technology on me. We didn't want it to be about the electronic screen or something that could turn on and off. We wanted it to be about the technology of thought, of application, of fabrication. The technology of the hand and the machine.

Source : ET Online

My winners:

Nicole Kidman ( my favorite by far:heart:)
Mia Goth
Mia Wasikowska
Alicia Vikander

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silvercat90
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->