70's Punk Rock

Useless anecdote: I was recently flipping through channels and came across the OC, and Marrissa was reading Please Kill Me. I was like, WUT!

p.s. the ending of that book was quite touching.

Well I found out about that book from Gilmore Girls. Jess was recommending it to Rory.

God she was beautiful was Patti. She still is. It is madness that CBGBs is gone.

me! i love 70's punk rock! my fave is teh ramones, the clash adn sex pistols.
loving their fashion style too :P
they really rock their skinny jeans and motorcycle jacket LOL

I saw the "reincarnation" of the New York Dolls recently!! It was a great show (well, I saw them twice actually), but Johnny Thunders in particular is irreplaceable and his guitar playing style couldn't be reproduced.

You know I love your avatar Twill Bill! Have you read this one Television review written by Patti Smith, where she goes on about how Tom's got the prettiest neck and the coolest gait... someone's got a little crush. :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I have :D

I also watched this BBC New York special and it had a snippet of an interview with Patti Smith when CBGB closed. She said "My favourite memory was the first time I saw Television play and I saw Tom Verlaine, who I thought was the... just about the most beautiful fella I had ever seen ... It was easter sunday 1974, and ... I saw Tom Verlaine and we've been friends ever since". Her smile was so sweet when she was reminiscing about it :blush:

Cool, I've never seen that broadcast. Is there somewhere where i can view it online?

Here's some articles of 70's punk bands & about the New York 70's rock scene:

Vanity Fair Magazine
November 2002 issue
"Rebel Nights"

scanned by me....:woot:

Rebel Yell said:
the clash, the damned, velvet underground, siouxie & the banshees, the slits, the adicts, wire, the vandals, the stranglers
*Jibrielle* said:
buzzcocks, the adicts, iggy pop [the stooges]

can't emphasize enough how great The Adicts really are... seriously. They're not dated relics or cliche the way The Ramones or the Sex Pistols are respectively.
American 1970s punks --
VU, Patti Smith, Blondie, X, Black Flag
DEVO << yes, they are punk

:D

lesypersound said:
can't emphasize enough how great The Adicts really are... seriously. They're not dated relics or cliche the way The Ramones or the Sex Pistols are respectively.
American 1970s punks --
VU, Patti Smith, Blondie, X, Black Flag
DEVO << yes, they are punk

:D
:angry:

dinahgrace said:
Here's some articles of 70's punk bands & about the New York 70's rock scene:

Vanity Fair Magazine
November 2002 issue
"Rebel Nights"

Thank you so much, these are great! :flower:

Twill Bill - that clip was great! Thanks a lot for uploading!

Dinahgrace - thanks for the awesome scans!

^welcome:flower:

but i can't see some of the scans anymore:( there's 12 pages of them before

Wow, great thread!
I loved mc5, Sex Pistols, the dead boys, ramones, etcc...!
So many great things were born in 70's!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Baier
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->