A Small World

wyatt.

Reaction score
so this elitist social network community called 'a small world' has recently been brought to my attention [even though it's been around for a little while]

www.asmallworld.net

article from gawker.com
aSmallWorld: Friendster For The VIP Set
Don't you think the internet is a little, well, democratic? I mean, almost anyone can access it from nearly anywhere and connect with anybody. Quelle horreur. Finally, however, someone has decided to give this messy web what it needs: a dash of fabulous wealth and insane exclusivity. Peasants, meet aSmallWorld: a private, online networking community akin to Friendster. To maintain jet-set levels of discrimination, FIVE members must approve your existence before you're "in." It's like a giant sorority, but with locations in New York, London, Paris, Gstaad, and Monaco. Discerning, yet global. I love it!

So what's to gain from being a member of aSmallWorld? Aside from counting yourself amongst a membership that includes such luminaries as Naomi Campbell and Frederic Fekkai, you can be privy to invites such as, "How about throwing a smashing after NYE-Party on Jan 2nd in St. Moritz?" Or perhaps you can help organize a "private party in Istanbul." Count me in, darling, that sounds perfect! Let me slip on my Choos and I'll be there right after I stop in Bali to pick up some bottled water from the gilded fountain of fabulousity!

aSmallWorld.net
so i have just signed up for asmallworld, courtesey of marc cantor. thank you marc. now i am reading about it and i made one post last night to the forum. i checked it out last night and i found out you can even chat with VOIP! today i see that they have partnered with skype which is awesome! they had a fashion forum section where you could post all kinds of things and the people were all very good looking! yes, i did a search and found naomi campbel, and i wonder how active she is in the community. xeni is there...all the stars. very exclusive. there are warnings everywhere saying if you get too many "no's" from contacting people, you will get booted out. so i was afraid to contact xeni but will ask mark if he could make the introduction. lets see what he says. i think this is finally the right network service (with practical buisness fashion going on) for me!!! finally people i KNOW and LIKE! and the user interface is way cool. totally ergonomic. very excited to see what's up and going on there.

source http://anina.typepad.com

i will open about saying that this sounds amazing. it's like a filtered myspace. and am not ashamed that i would like to join.

in good time i suppose.

NOW LET'S START NETWORKING

^ yeah I've heard somewhere about this...^_^ I've heard that Brad Pitt has also joined aSmallWorld.Interesting post Wyatt.

Last edited by a moderator:
i've been in it since they started. its extremely useful and the people are honestly people i used to bump into whilst travelling.... its a small world after all :wink:

wyatt. said:
finally people i KNOW and LIKE! ]

wow, thats awesome! you can stop coming here to this pit of peasants now! B)

sounds awesome.. sadly I (like quite a few people here) don't know anyone invite us to join... :sigh:

leyla m. said:
i've been in it since they started. its extremely useful and the people are honestly people i used to bump into whilst travelling.... its a small world after all :wink:
Me too and i love it :D

i've heard about that too. sadly, i don't know any members either :-(

I joined www.asmallworld.net a while back. It's interesting for sure, but I wish they would use better software in some places. I wish I could search the forums and that it was laid out a bit more friendly...

don't they have abigworld now? To filter out people from asmallworld?

Sounds snobby me to me, suppose I don't have the 'fabulous wealth' necessary.

interesting...
but wow that sounds really pretentious, boring...and, dare i say it...kind of dorky. yet another way to exclude people...just what the world needs

im in it...not that amazing..i think alot of ppl are taking advantage..its not exclusive more and more weirdos are joining (although they said a year ago they will stop at 50,000, there is waay more than that...) and ppl r using it as a meat-market and not really for business or travelling elite...its a shame...some REALLY DESPERATE ppl on there to!!!

Haha I've been wanting to join that since I first heard about it.
But I've heard that they've stopped inviting people for the moment because there are so many people who have joined?

if im ay add it IS extremely helpful in many ways cos you can trust the people there. the whole idea is that everyone is somehow connected therefore knows everyone through a friend at the least.
i found my apartment through someone on asmallworld and i am still in it.
also its got nothihng to do with wealth but how well one is connected in this world..
you can ask for anything and within 1 minute someone's got the answer.. a bit like tFS :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->