Adriana Lima dumped billionaire Prince Wenzenslaus of Lichtenstein for rocker Danny

^ LOL, only people from Spain lisp. North, Central and Latin Americans do not lisp like Spanish people. :wink: I always giggle when I hear Spanish people speak :lol:

Oh I see. I swear Speedy Gonzales does and he is a Mexican mouse! :lol: Also I never particularly enjoyed Spanish classes as much as my French ones and for the year I studied Spanish it was a pain because I would speak half French, half Spanish in French class. That and the crappy language videos with people doing ordinary things in Spain probably put me off the language!

electricladyland said:
I definitely had this feeling while I was in Bahia. It is a very African city, and everything from the food, clothing, music, religious traditions, are very African. The people look either African or some mixture containing African ancestry. Just beautiful! Your post points out why so many people have trouble figuring out the ethnicities of Brazilian models such as Adriana.

As far as Timbalada's music goes, it is really samba, samba-reggae, carnival music. It is infectious, and I can't sit still listening to it! You need lots of energy, rhythm and sensuality to dance to it...maybe something Danny has over the Prince...:innocent: :lol:

haha you rock...marry me?:woot: :lol:

^^ hee hee that's the second time i've been proposed to on this forum...was it you the last time too? :lol: I might consider it but my wife would kill me...:lol:

I use to like her but now with hair and change of the body not so much. plus she come out as having bad attitude on the mag or in her interviews.

PrinceOfCats said:
Prince Wendy does look a bit like James Spader.

I can't believe you compared them. Spader was hot once upon a time. Plus Stargate and Secretary! You have got to fancy a guy who can have both those movies on one resume. Prince Wendy... no.

SiennaInLondon said:
I can't believe you compared them. Spader was hot once upon a time. Plus Stargate and Secretary! You have got to fancy a guy who can have both those movies on one resume. Prince Wendy... no.

I'm not allowed to give you karma for this :angry: I'm sure the Prince has his own redeeming qualities but he and James Spader can't even occupy my mind at the same time - they're like anti-matter. Just thinking about Secretary makes me want to purr.

Sienna, have you seen Dream Lover, with Spader and Madchen Amick? It's totally hot. Not a great film, like Secretary, but highly enjoyable if you like him. And to bring this back on topic, Madchen Amick is sexier than Adriana Lima.

Thanks for the tip Anastasia! Considering our identical tastes I am bound to like it! Yum Secretary! I hate rom-coms but this is the closest thing to rom-com that I can stomach. And he is divine in it.

I find most people are sexier than Adriana Lima.

SiennaInLondon said:
Thanks for the tip Anastasia! Considering our identical tastes I am bound to like it! Yum Secretary! I hate rom-coms but this is the closest thing to rom-com that I can stomach. And he is divine in it.

Same here! I love Secretary and old romantic comedies like The Lady Eve, or The Thin Man. And I admit I've been known to watch anything listing Hugh Jackman as a cast member, whatever it may be. But in general romantic comedies are bleh. Avoid The Watcher with Spader and Keanu Reeves - laughably bad and a waste of time. But of course, if you haven't seen Sex, Lies, and Videotape yet, check that out. I put it off forever thinking it had to be overrated, but there's a reason it made a name for Spader :shifty:

I find most people are sexier than Adriana Lima.

What's weird is that I used to be a ginormous Adriana fan. A photo of Carmen Kass was what drew me into the fashion world - had to find out her name - but I quickly became enamoured with Fernanda Tavares, Ana Beatriz Barros, and above all, Adriana. She was my model crack. For several years. And I was unabashed in my fervent defense and adulation of her. But for the last year or so...I don't know what happened. I look at her now, even most of her old pictures that I used to love, and find them average at best.

Anyway, she does look much more free and happy with this Danny guy. They seem a better fit, and I hope she's having fun :smile:

His name is Denny. and he is a great guy, they are very happy together and thats the important thing :smile:

jennifer~ said:
I've heard conflicting reports (and nothing about her having a Swiss background), but the African/(Native) Indian information is pretty widespread...

She said herself (in a Fashion TV interview) that she is African, Indian and Swiss. She followed that comment up saying her famliy's a mix with various eye colors, skin tones and hair textures. The "conflicting reports" are PR statements on websites.

It's a common practice for people to promote their talent as 'ambiguous' to make them more marketable. On MTV's I'm From Rolling Stone, a reporter admitted to leaving out a singer's African ancestory while including her other two ancestories.

That's why I love Adriana. She doesn't hide any of her ancestory. She dates men who are obviously of African ancetsory (Lenny and now this guy) if just a mixture themselves -- like her without a care.

Last edited by a moderator:
funkyflamingo said:
Danny reminds of Lenny Kravitz...

Same here. I like.:D

I haven't logged onto the Adriana sites for a while, and with her absence in the newest Maybelline New York and victoria's Secret ads, I assumed she'd marrried the Prince and was popping out babies or something. I'm so pleased to log in and see that mama's got a new bag. :heart: But I'm still wondering why she's not on TV as much :(

electricladyland said:
I definitely had this feeling while I was in Bahia. It is a very African city, and everything from the food, clothing, music, religious traditions, are very African. The people look either African or some mixture containing African ancestry. Just beautiful! Your post points out why so many people have trouble figuring out the ethnicities of Brazilian models such as Adriana.

As far as Timbalada's music goes, it is really samba, samba-reggae, carnival music. It is infectious, and I can't sit still listening to it! You need lots of energy, rhythm and sensuality to dance to it...maybe something Danny has over the Prince...:innocent: :lol:

High freakin' FIVE!! Finally, people are recognizing Adriana and Bahian peoples' roots on an Adriana Lima board. It's not just me anymore. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evangelista1995
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->