Advice about Starting & Promoting a Fashion Blog - See Post #1 for Thread Rules

such good advice!!! thanks guys. I think now I just have to decide what to blog about, find my niche. If anyone is looking for a blog partner, or has a great idea PM me!

I have a blog for teenage fashionistas @ http://misscouturable.blogspot.com (other than teenfashionista.com, there aren't many blogs for teenagers who are serious about the fashion industry)

It is fairly new though...how can I improve it/promote it (other than update it more -- I'm working on that :P!)? Someone told me that Blogger is shunned in the blogging sphere -- I originally got Wordpress but I didn't know how I could change the layout of Wordpress the way I wanted to. Thank you!

I dont really have a fashion blog, but i do have a myspace fashion site. Its kind of an eclectic one too with various links to different sites, and hundreds of photos organized from those different sites. But im from a small town area, Humboldt County, CA, and started adding a bunch of locals. And you know what? People here are really frustrating to work with. They're constantly messaging me "WHO IS THIS?!" or "I DONT GET IT." The only thing that people really care about in this area is animal rights, environmental rights, and farms.
I would be considered really superficial (which im really not) in this area.
I mean, is this happening to everyone else?
is anybody else getting really negative comments about your site?
Maybe i should just get rid of it.:(

oh that's terrible, malina :( Are all of these comments from people in your town? How did they get a hold of the address
I haven't told anyone where I live that I even have a blog :P
At first I thought I don't get any visitors, but I recently installed a program in the blog and I received many visitors last night, mostly from Northern Europe :heart: I was surprised-- I guess they just don't comment, or don't know what to comment about :ninja:

im getting embarassed of my blog. cause its soo.. ugh. overdone.

however, its actually kinda big these days, though the amount of pageloads have gone down a bit. 1-2 weeks ago, i had an average of 800-1100 pr day, now its only 600-700, but then again i haven't posted frequently. i have been featured in a few articles, both 'irl' and online, so it's kinda cool. haven't made any money though, but i get a discount in a few stores.

i only read 'personal' blogs nowadays. blogs about trends and shows bore me to death.

I really like your blog though! You and me have the same style! lol

Anyways, I'm thinking of doing a fashion blog as well, but I can't come up with any ideas on what to write! Everything is all covered! :(

oh that's terrible, malina :( Are all of these comments from people in your town? How did they get a hold of the address
I haven't told anyone where I live that I even have a blog :P
At first I thought I don't get any visitors, but I recently installed a program in the blog and I received many visitors last night, mostly from Northern Europe :heart: I was surprised-- I guess they just don't comment, or don't know what to comment about :ninja:

what program is that? ^_^

I've often considered starting a blog about fashion at my uni, since most of it is so trend die hard i feel the need to publically vent about it :lol: but there are a few people who have a great sense of style. So yes, a blog that would mix my inspirations as well as pictures of those around me but.....I doubt I'd ever do it :lol:

I really wanted to make my own fashion blog but in a way that I could mix all the evolution of fashion since my favorite era: the 60's. I included magazines and movie icons, and I love to put that retro thing that I just love. And that's how I think I could do something different from other fashion blogs that are focused on runway shows and latest trends.
Also, I don't think that in my country there are real fashion blogs or at least real fashion lovers, so my blog visitors are from other countries hahah

I've never been much of a writer but an internet buddy suggested that I should start a fashion blog and spread my knowledge and expertise. Surprisingly I did and got hooked! Have been blogging in close to 10 months now.

I really wanted to make my own fashion blog but in a way that I could mix all the evolution of fashion since my favorite era: the 60's. I included magazines and movie icons, and I love to put that retro thing that I just love. And that's how I think I could do something different from other fashion blogs that are focused on runway shows and latest trends.
Also, I don't think that in my country there are real fashion blogs or at least real fashion lovers, so my blog visitors are from other countries hahah
Same! Almost all my visits are from the US and UK.

Hey Dustcakeboy! You write in Playground & Imperfection, I linked that blog so much time ago but I only knew lluviaschick. I like your male model blog too

can you guys give me any info on starting a website? I am a Christian who loves fashion and I kind of wanted to mix the two of them. I want to do a website and a blog if you can give me a site on how to start of website. thanks

^That would be interesting but I would check it out! There are a few Christian themed fashion lines, mainly graphic tees and stuff, but nothing all that exciting.

ClosetCupcake, thanks for linking to my post. You guys inspired me to write that and I hope it helps you guys out (and that I make sense, lol).

I remember a few years ago when I started blogging there were only a few blogs out there about fashion, Now there are a million, it makes you wonder what caused the sudden interest in fashion.
My advice is write about what you love, not about what all the other bloggers are writing about, That way you will never get tired of it.

If you want to add quizzes or polls to your website i would try http://quibblo.com/
it works the best (imo)

Let me know when your up and running and we can swap links
http://punkystyle.com

I think what caused all the interst in fashion is The Style Network and all the shows all over the place, like ANTM, Project Runway, The Shot, How Do I Look?, What Not to Wear and the list goes on. Fashion has become "Pop" ... as in popular and the latest fad.

Yeah and the celebrities jumped on it too, and then the music

Do a lot of you who own fashion blogs get a lot of comments?
I find I get visitors but hardly any comments haha...
Maybe we can give eachother some opinions on blogs...

I guess layout and design is important to attract readers... and to keep them interested

Do a lot of you who own fashion blogs get a lot of comments?

Sometimes yes...sometimes no :lol:.

It's strange, posts that I think will get comments generally don't...but the ones I wouldn't think get comments do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->