All About Producing Fashion Shows ... Please read post #1 before posting.

Originally posted by Acid@Jan 5th, 2004 - 2:40 am
:lol: i dunno how much it costs to post a letter in greece or print for that,
:rolleyes:
you should invite 200+people right?
will they all be local?
like from london?
is it less than a $ for print and invite per person?? :wacko:
you must be joking :lol:

ps. my rates are PARIS rates acid :P :P :P

whooa!! craziness!!! thats a whoole lottta money for a fashion show...!!! :doh:

Wow!!! Lets scale it back a bit..... for a fundraiser for a school of any sort your numbers are going to be much much lower. I've produced/directed and created fashion shows since 2001 and I can say that i've never paid over $4000 per show. All the shows i've done have been for charity so the overhead was my main concern. Here's what my money went to for the fashion show where we raised money for child abuse:

Venue & Food-worked out a deal with a club that had a big arena seperate from the bar that went like this: they keep all the profit from the bar, we keep all the profit from the door. They provided hord'ouerves for the pre-party that took place at their regal martini bar (very upscale) for free

Models-held a model call 3 weeks before the show to scour all the beauties, making them walk a faux catwalk, based their value on the catwalk and their personalities on the runway and chose 30 girls. Later after the first model meeting we narrowed it to 10-15 per set. All the models worked voluntarily (most just wanted the exposure and photos-not provided by us)

Light-very high priority!!! paid $1500 for light and this made the show:woot:

Music-we had a musician from phunk junkees and paid much to much for what was done, because of the name $250 all he did was pop in our cd's and let the room go silent between sets (not what we asked for at all) so if you could pretape your music you may get by with just hiring a local dj at much less.

Printing-nothing!!!! we teamed up with a local printer that wanted to donate to our cause and let them put their logo on all the posters, flyers(8x5inch used as both flyers and invitations) & programs.

Entertainment-nothing!!!! we also teamed up with a hair salon and they did 4 sets of hair for the show, put their logo on the flyer and did trade ($50 per performer) with a dance company that supplied 5 sets of dancing entertainment ex. salsa dancers, african dancers etc..

Stage-nothing!!!! the stage was composed of 6 uneven plattforms that we're part of the dancing boxes used in the arena-i staggered them by height and made a snake like shape that went out into the crowd. the height varied from 2 feet to 4 feet high. we practiced walking and turning on the ground for 3 days before the show so the models would be comfortable on the stage.

Clothes-nothing!!!! since our company deviouswigs.com sells to a few local boutiques in the area, and they always welcome publicity- they lent us clothes for free (yup 5 stores lent us clothes for our show at no out of pocket cost) some boutiques had a person there in charge of the clothes and styling them-FREE i designed and had a friend sew my clothes for my set-bought all the fabric at a going out of business sale where all the stuff was $1 a piece.

Make-up-nothing!!!! after posting information about the upcoming show, looking for talent and models a few make-up artists contacted us and volunteered their time for nothing other than getting their name on the program and getting to see the show

Decorations-less than $50 i bought huge black fabric pieces at a scrap place and had someone sew them all together to create a hugh black back drop. we also used the black behind a tarot card reader-she came for free too! and the huge flower arrangements we're donated by a local florist in exchange for being listed on the program. The arena was pretty ornate with huge columns and beautiful big pieces on the walls so we really didn't have to change much.

EmCee-$75 we had a drag queen come out like a renisance girl presenting the show and then after the intro he ripped off the big skirt and started singing "like a virgin" in a body suit. It was the best intro and he did the whole show in drag for the nominal price of $75 (since he is a very prominent make-up artist in the television world he was awesome!!)

For the door people, helpers, security and everyone else we needed to put this thing together we found lots of volunteers and they we're all very happy to be a part of it for nothing.

If your cause is good, your a great networker and you are dedicated to producing a good show you can do it for nearly nothing as long as you put in the neccessary research of finding people who will work with you. In the case of fundraising for a school you can cut out lots of costs just by utilizing your surroundings ex auditorium, lighting, sound and local sponsors of your yearbook are probably more than happy to join in on the fun!!!

Anna Marie

HELP! - Putting together a Fashion Show!

Hey guys, so I'm doing an oral presentation (again!) and I would like to know how it's like to put together a Fashion Show.

Any information on the subject (organizing, makeup/hair, picking models, backstage, etc) would be really appreciated :flower: Thanks!!!

fashion shows* how to

Hi, i'm new to this forum and is a prospective fashion student who's still currently in high school. I'm very interested and willing to start designing and creating cloths immediately, and for that reason, im wishing to set up a fashion show for my school to display some of the designs that my friends and I will be accomplishing in the next year. So I was wondering if all you fashion experts can give me some tips and advice on the best way to set upthis fashion show.

Some of my concerns are that since the only source for models is inside of my school, and i hafto say that most arnt model material and probably little people would even think of cotributing, what is a good method of promoting and getting people interested to participate?

looking for advices for holding a show

hi there,

does anyone have some idea about the location and devices and so on?

it'll be even better if it's someone in paris.

i'm just thinking about planning a student show there.

thanks for reply

why dont you try contacting a PR agency in Paris, there are only too many locations and production offices to choose from

Hi suika blues,
I hope your show turned out good. If your still in the planning stages I will try to answer any questions you may have.

Jobs Behind the Fashion Shows

Hi, I'm still in high school but am thinking about possible careers for the future and I want to know, what are the jobs that people do behind the scenes at fashion shows? I mean besides makeup and all that. Because I think that's really something I'd like to do but I want to know exactly WHAT they are and what kind of degree they got to get that kind of job. Thanks :flower:

deejay, lighting director, PR director, runway manager/director (manages the order of the show), those are the ones I can think of off-hand. I don't know what the qualifications would be for each job, but you could always contact a designer and see if they need a volunteer (such as helping to dress the models, ironing the garments as needed, help transporting the garments, etc.)--it might not be that glamorous, but you would be able to see what people are doing and ask them for advice after the show.

If you want to do anything in fashion, your best bet is to go to a Fashion school or college. Once you start looking into the courses, you'll see where they lead. Even a degree in fashion itself is a good starting block in any fashion based career. Oh and the more art based qualifications you've got, the better. (generally speaking.)

I actualy used to work in fashion show production, for a company that does nothing but produce fashion shows all over southern California. We arranged the dressers, the stylists, the crew, the outfits, everything. I really really loved it. We did shows in all markets, from private shows to LA Fashion Week, to department stores in Beverly Hills.

Putting Together A Charity Fashion Show

Sorry I didn't know where else to place this!!! A couple of my friends are organizing a charity fashion show and are trying to come up with a GOOD name for the show. The charity is breast cancer (pink theme maybe) or the red campaign (but we have heard some negative things about that).

Any ideas on a name?! :blush:

The pink wigs might be a bit much, are you showing spring type clothes?

what is the clothes going to be like?....maybe a pink flower in the hair would be better than pink hair:wink::D

that's true...I think some of the stores may not like that also. the clothing is up to the stores, usually there is a formal wear scene, a beach wear scene, casual clothes. Some stores are local others in the mall. We just want an eye catching name for the show that would of course reflect the cause...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->