Advice about Starting & Promoting a Fashion Blog - See Post #1 for Thread Rules

I think it'd be good if we could compile in one list the tips and tricks of blogging. Maybe I could do that... :smile: :flower:

Feel free to compile a list taken from all the suggestions in the thread ... it will be a big task, should you decide to take it on.

Also, remember, this is part #2 of this topic. So, be sure to also review the first part (link to Part #1 can be found in the first post of this thread) ... to make sure you haven't missed anyone's ideas.

i second that that would be amazing. everytime somebody asks about tips we tell to look at the previous page. and i dont know about you buy i can only go through so many pages and paragraphs before i get tired.

Um, speaking of advice for bloggers ... was I abosutely the only person who took forever to figure out that little orange Blogger icon, in the bar at the top, will take you directly to your dashboard?! :shock: For years, I'd be clicking either the "new post" or "design" links and then clicking "dashboard" from there, which I was annoyed by, because 95% of the time, all I wanted was to get straight to my dashboard ... so when I discovered clicking the Blogger icon could do that ... my mind was blown. :lol:

Let me give you an illustration:

6313104409_a74df76c45_b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
^why are your pics so big? mine get so small when i post them :(

Yuli Ziv released a book called "FASHION 2.0: BLOGGING YOUR WAY TO THE FRONT ROW", It might be interesting to read...

The insider’s guide to turning your fashion blog into a successful business and launching a new career.

In this first of its kind insider’s guide, Yuli Ziv, Style Coalition’s founder, reveals the secrets behind her own online success and that of her network, which represents more than 50 top fashion and beauty bloggers, in partnership with ELLE. You will find practical business advice on how to:

Brand yourself as a top blogger and sought-after influencer
Build valuable relationships with PR companies and brands
Secure invitations to important industry events
Work with advertising networks
Develop new revenue streams
Land spokesperson deals and large scale sponsorships
Position yourself at the forefront of the fashion blogosphere

If you don't have money, you can still read her blog. It's very usefull !! !
http://yuliziv.com/blog/

Yuli Ziv released a book called "FASHION 2.0: BLOGGING YOUR WAY TO THE FRONT ROW", It might be interesting to read...

The insider’s guide to turning your fashion blog into a successful business and launching a new career.

In this first of its kind insider’s guide, Yuli Ziv, Style Coalition’s founder, reveals the secrets behind her own online success and that of her network, which represents more than 50 top fashion and beauty bloggers, in partnership with ELLE. You will find practical business advice on how to:

Brand yourself as a top blogger and sought-after influencer
Build valuable relationships with PR companies and brands
Secure invitations to important industry events
Work with advertising networks
Develop new revenue streams
Land spokesperson deals and large scale sponsorships
Position yourself at the forefront of the fashion blogosphere

If you don't have money, you can still read her blog. It's very usefull !! !
http://yuliziv.com/blog/

thank you for sharing! it seems helpful :flower:

^ thanks for this! I still haven't had the time to collect all the top bloggers tips from both threads so I might just as well follow her tips :D

well lovelies, i just recently launched my photoblog,
and although it is not a classical fashion blog,
i still see the theme (fashion photography shoots im working on)
as realted.

would love to get your honest critique about the blog (
content, design, really everything)
so thanks in advance for your time and thoughts :flower:

it's called Shooting Sun. enjoy your travel.

Hi everyone! I have recently started a new blog called Beyond the High Street, documenting the best of local independent fashion in my city of Cardiff. Cardiff has always prized itself on its beautiful arcades, and since two much-loved fashion boutiques have had to close down this year due to financial pressures, I wanted to showcase what the city has to offer.

I also hope to cover local fashion in Britain outside of Cardiff as well, so if anyone would like to profile their city beyond the high street, do get in touch at [email protected]. Thanks!

I will have a technical question on Website traffic statistics...

I got a huge difference between my Google Analytics and my web server logs !
There is an explication to that ?!

I will have a technical question on Website traffic statistics...

I got a huge difference between my Google Analytics and my web server logs !
There is an explication to that ?!

What specific statistics are not lining up. Maybe you're comparing hits to pageviews or unique visitors? What is the specific problem?

I'm comparing Google Analytics vs WP-PostViews (plug-in that I installed on my wordpress)

Google Analytics seems to be not very accurate....

my blog

For a long time I wanted to make a blog about my work experience in the fashion industry. I live and work in Milan, Italy as a journalist. If you think it could interest you, have a look at fallenfashionista.blogspot.com
I know young people want to believe that fashion industry is a glamorous place, but I think it is important to say how it really is. Good and bad sides. What do you think? Can my blog work? Or people just want to belieive in fantasies like "The Devil wears Prada"?

@kikiss I've come across the same issue before. I run my blog on blogger not on wordpress, but Google Analytics shows quite a difference from my SiteMeter account. I'm sure they must pick up on traffic differently as there is a huge difference between the two.. I'm in the same boat and I'd like to hear others opinions, but I'm still going to continue to ignore Google Analytics and listen to my SiteMeter :smile:

For a long time I wanted to make a blog about my work experience in the fashion industry. I live and work in Milan, Italy as a journalist. If you think it could interest you, have a look at fallenfashionista.blogspot.com
I know young people want to believe that fashion industry is a glamorous place, but I think it is important to say how it really is. Good and bad sides. What do you think? Can my blog work? Or people just want to belieive in fantasies like "The Devil wears Prada"?

I think it's a great idea to post about your experience in fashion and it has a lot of potential.
If I may give a piece of advice, it would be to inject a little bit more humor / irony in your writing. I'm sure it must be frustrating and difficult to work in this industry at times, but you don't want to come off as too bitter in your writing.

I think it's a great idea to post about your experience in fashion and it has a lot of potential.
If I may give a piece of advice, it would be to inject a little bit more humor / irony in your writing. I'm sure it must be frustrating and difficult to work in this industry at times, but you don't want to come off as too bitter in your writing.

Thank you very much for your comment, I really appreciate it. However, I would say that my blog is all about irony and humor and for that you do need a nice dose of bitterness, don't you?

^ Yes you do but personally I don't really feel the humor (enough) in your writing. Just my perception anyway!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->