• The Red Carpet Highlights of... The 77th Annual Cannes Film Festival 2024!

• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Aguilera slams celebrity clothing lines..

Mr. Fabulous

Reaction score
AGUILERA SLAMS CELEBRITY CLOTHING LINES

Outspoken pop star CHRISTINA AGUILERA has no intention of launching her own line in fashion - because she sees it as an admittance of a flagging career.

The BEAUTIFUL singer, who announced her engagement to management company executive JORDAN BRATMAN last month (FEB05), has taken a veiled swipe at stars including JENNIFER LOPEZ, NELLY and SEAN 'P DIDDY' COMBS.

The 24-year-old says, "I just think it's so tacky. I have always thought that it's one of those things that just makes people look like they don't know what to do any more."

Lopez has two clothing lines J.LO BY JENNIFER LOPEZ and the new SWEETFACE, Combs runs his award-winning SEAN JOHN collections and Nelly is proud owner of VOKAL.
-contact music

i'm not sure if that is actually true but lol..:innocent:

^ I don't think so. I believe that some artist just don't have the "taste" required to come out with their own line... Sean John at least has a big fan base, and he actually has done some good things in menswear...but that's it... Jlo, and all those artist that try to come out with their own clothing line are just pathetic, sounds like they have nothing more to offer in the music business..why not come out with a clothing line, a fragrance, housewear, condoms... :wacko:

I doubt she jealous. I agree it is tacky, I think P-diddy's was the best.

I don't know if this was actually true cuz she's really good friends with P.Diddy..and I don't know if she would say something like that when she's coming out with a lingerie line or atleast I heard she does have a perfume line released in Europe.

I dunno, i love Christina tho.

I'm currently watching/DVRing the MTV J. Lo show about her fashion show and it's quite relevant to this. So far, all J. Lo does is surround herself with a team and choose among the options and ideas they bring to her. Her only direction is--paraphrasing here--we need more of this or more of that.

I'm not exactly sure what my point is but there's 1/2 hour left to the show so Arnie's famous line.

Deep Brunette said:
I think Christina should stop "slamming" everyone.
but i love it!! :clap:

amber von tussle's my homegurl!! :clap: :buzz:

If it's true, than kudos to her! :clap: Those "designer stars" should be shut in a mental institution along with Donatella Versace and grunge-Marc Jacobs (the regular one can stay free).

I agree with her (for once) but its true she did/ is going to release a perfume herself....

To be honest, I don't think I would wear anything Christina designed... Based on her fashion sense at least :innocent:

Nemova said:
If it's true, than kudos to her! :clap: Those "designer stars" should be shut in a mental institution along with Donatella Versace and grunge-Marc Jacobs (the regular one can stay free).
Agreed! And throw the Caten twins in there, two.

God bless her for this, she may come off as bitchy but she's right as all hell.

Spike413 said:
God bless her for this, she may come off as bitchy but she's right as all hell.

so right! i totally agree, christina has hit the nail on the head :lol:

I just think Aguilera should keep her mouth shut, whether designer lines are tacky or not.

I applaud her, too! At least she has known her limits and refrained herself from blessing us with a clothing line of her own...

thank goodness she feels this way, because LIKE HELL id be caught it an outfit she designed

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aeroplvne
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->