Allure May 2019 : Adut Akech by Daniel Jackson

serendipity8777

Reaction score
IckjxsUi_o.jpg

kevinkkelly1 on ebay

Is this a reflective or even a UV cover? That wouId add something to this shot, because otherwise, I don't understand the sitting in the dark.

I love Adut! So mo matter what, i’m Always here for more Adut!

Very daring for Allure, but I don't like it. The composition and art direction is awful, masthead could be in a bolder colour, and I think the glasses and glossy lips are a bit much.
But...it's a huge coup for Adut.

I’m obsessed with this, I’m a sucker for darker images with electric colours! Adut is such a superstar, I hope she gets more and more covers this year!

Trick Ponies

Photographer: Marcus Ohlsson
Editor: Cotton Codinha
Stylist: Sean Knight
Hair: Tamara McNaughton
Makeup: Fredrik Stambro
Manicure: Nettie Davis
Cast: Callie Dixon, Emily Caro, Elizabeth Wood

Allure Digital Edition

This issue seems to be 126 pgs, I think that's a small increase on the usual page count.

I like cover shot, but I'm still not sure how it's going to be received on the early summer newsstand - I don't know how dull or vibrant it will actually look in print. Although I can't fault the editor's commitment to shaking up the faces we see on the front of an American magazine.

There's also Michelle Pfeiffer talking about her Henry Rose range of scents, how to improve undereye darkness, people paying tribute to their mothers (no pictures of the mothers, though, just the celebrities), Norma Kamali's bathroom, a personal look at the idea that botox can improve depression....

The editorial section's opening page has 'sponsored by Dove' at the bottom, I've never seen that before. Adut does have a 2 pg interview. Then it's a look at the Barbie brand, getting your make-up and skincare personalised to your DNA, then that half-hearted ponytail editorial, and the last page is Sandy Linter's dream kit.

The Pink Tax coverline is misleading - there's an article which discusses the rise of 'femtech' (period tracking apps etc), but the idea that it's somehow overpriced because it relates to women is NOT the main point of the feature.

For me, while some of the articles are interesting - and it seems Allure is starting to run more in-depth pieces which stretch over more than two pages - the cover is the only real 'wow' moment in the issue in terms of visuals.

I love the cover and accompanying spread, the font used for “Bright Ideas: Bold, Rich Color” looks like the same font the old W Magazine used before, which oddly excites me for some reason.

Major kudos to Allure for making Adut their cover girl, but she deserved a whole lot more than this. I just loathe how dark the shoot is, the sunglasses hiding half of Adut's identity and the naff art direction.

Adut deserved one of Jackson's beautiful, refreshing and effortless portfolios for her major mainstream American newsstand debut. What is it with Daniel Jackson lately? First Vogue Netherlands with Doutzen, the dark GQ cover and now this!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lovetolove
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->