American Horror Story

.i feel like the writing could use a good revamp

Yes! Maybe something like that will happen for season 5

I didn't like seeing everyone die either.. I also hated the ending, it was so disappointing. I don't understand why Elsa was gifted a successful freakshow with everyone there. She caused so much suffering for others just for selfish reasons yet Edward said she didn't belong with him so he sent her to that. Others suffered as well due to her actions. I did like the Heroes performance and seeing Desiree and Jimmy's life.

i really liked the ending. I thought it was heartbreaking and very surprising. I didn't see that coming at all.

http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/news/lady-gaga-to-star-in-american-horror-story-hotel-20150225
rollingstone.com

The fifth series has been announced.

American Horror Story: Hotel

Lady Gaga will star in it.

Gaga is the first cast member to officially check into Hotel. The Hollywood Reporter writes that AHS vets Sarah Paulson, Emma Roberts and Jessica Lange are unlikely to return to the franchise due to other commitments. However, since Roberts and Paulson were both cast in Murphy-led projects – Scream Queens and American Crime Story: The People V. O.J. Simpson, respectively – the showrunner could play with the schedules to bring them back into the fold.

So.. not space at least. The Shining 2.0? To be honest, I hope it's not all serial killers this season and more supernatural.

^ I heard the news! Hotel is not what I was expecting at all, doesn't sound promising but maybe it will be more supernatural.

The show is supposed to be set in modern times, no?

^ it is.

We'll see if they can reinvigorate my interest after last season's mess. I stopped midseason and realized I really didn't miss it, which is a shame because I had enjoyed AHS up until that.

Now it just feels like a gimmick, I'll give it a try but it sounds disappointing

^i agree. i probably won't tune in,not because of gaga necessarily(though not ashamed to admit she doesn't interest me) but ryan has really jumped the shark to me and seems more interested in the "who's who" of the show's guest appearances than any actual story or horror component. it's become more about the camp factor.

Finn Wittrock better be back this season. He was the star of FreakShow.

i just finished season 1 last week.

i'm curious - those of you who have watched them all so far, would you mind sharing which season you think is the best?

To be honest I think the first season was the best, because it was something new and so different to what I was used to watching. The other seasons have been good, but nothing compared to the twists and turns and WTF moments of season one.

hmm, thanks belowen. :flower: i liked it, but i didn't love it, so was just trying to decide whether i should keep watching. the concept of a "coven" really appeals to me, and i just loved jessica lange in the first season, so i feel like i want to see where she goes with the new characters too.

^^^ Season 1 remains the most consistent, the most directional and walked that fine line between tragic ghost story and witty, camp-telenovella brilliantly, for me. It's really unmatched next to the others. (That, and I really enjoyed Connie Britton's performance the most. And naked Dylan doesn't hurt either...)

Season 2 has its great moments, but already the decay of inconsistency, veering-off and trying to clutter in as many stories as possible is clearly showing.

The others aren't really worth investing in. By this time, it's just about who Ryan can get to star in his mess and more about gimmicks than solid storytelling. And, by this time, what made Jessica so great in the first 2 Seasons is quickly becoming same old , same old: She's the same character from now on. You're just watching for Jessica Lange-- not an interesting character. It's the difference between Alien and the crap that's Alien vs. Predator.

I would definitely say the 2nd, Asylum. Then 4th, 1st and 3rd.

i just finished season 1 last week.

i'm curious - those of you who have watched them all so far, would you mind sharing which season you think is the best?

i think the first one was the best. i enjoyed all of them. but the 1st one the most.

^^^ Definitely check out Coven since you're interested, Jane.

It does actually have some good moments. It starts out fascinating enough, but quickly falls apart. Emma Roberts has some great Mean Girls lines, but Francis Conroy is the best thing on Coven: She looks like Sonia Rykiel, and acts like part Vivienne Westwood and part Endora from Bewitched and has the best lines. She's a lot of fun to watch-- and I guarantee you her character's very last word will have you howling since you're a fashion fan.

Coven has great individual moments with certain actors, but the story doesn't connect them together well at all. And like Freakshow, the show's opening seemed to promise so much and never delivers-- classic bait-and-switch.

thanks again phuel, for all of the details. i can't wait for that "last word" you write of! i've just downloaded the first season of penny dreadful, so i might watch that first and then come back to american horror. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->