Asia In Campaigns!

funkalicious

Reaction score
So we all know that the new Miu Miu ad campaign for fw06 features an all Asian Cast (Dong Jie/ Zhou Xun/ Lina Ohta). This is perhaps the first time and all Asian cast is chosen for a big top tiered campaign.

So have any other Asian supermodel or celeb got any high fashion campaigns before? Please post pictures!

And will there be a possibility of more Asians in campaigns the next season? Share your opinions too!

Taken from the Prada ads thread

yourbestfriend said:
Takeshi Kaneshiro for Prada Men's not sure the exact season but i believe it was shortly after 2000

0951f19a.jpg

95ccb215.jpg

54e0fb11.jpg

b2394d59.jpg

As for Asians in campaigns, these are only the beginning. As the market in Asia grows and demands more high end goods, the logical, and economic thing to do would be to feature more asian models as they will become more "important", not to say that Asians are not important already :wink:

During FW2005 campaign season there was alot of speculation that Hye Park got the Prada campaign from alot of people, I remember a stylist on our site saying she heard from other industry folk she was going to be in the campaign. Sadly it was Sasha P in the end, but Hye must have been on heavy option for the campaign if the rumours were quite serious :D

Last edited by a moderator:
yourbestfriend said:
As for Asians in campaigns, these are only the beginning. As the market in Asia grows and demands more high end goods, the logical, and economic thing to do would be to feature more asian models as they will become more "important", not to say that Asians are not important already :wink:

During FW2005 campaign season there was alot of speculation that Hye Park got the Prada campaign from alot of people, I remember a stylist on our site saying she heard from other industry folk she was going to be in the campaign. Sadly it was Sasha P in the end, but Hye must have been on heavy option for the campaign if the rumours were quite serious :D

Oh wow! It'll be amazing if Hye was in it! I doub't she'll be in Prada again though..

funkalicious said:
Oh wow! It'll be amazing if Hye was in it! I doub't she'll be in Prada again though..

She'll probaly never be in a campaign, but it was great that she was able to be in both Miu Miu and Prada shows more than one time.

yourbestfriend said:
She'll probaly never be in a campaign, but it was great that she was able to be in both Miu Miu and Prada shows more than one time.

Why?

There was a thread a while back about how Miuccia doesn't use any minority models (until Hye, and she is the only one). And also because Miu Miu and especially Prada are probably the hardest shows to book. Lots of big name models have never walked Prada.

I never seen the campaign, but I read in an article a while back that Navia Nguyen was in a Chanel ad (fragrance maybe?) back in the 90's.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I guess mybestfriend meant that Hye will never be in THE campaign and not A campaign.

Definately.. because Hye has already done some campaigns like Roberto Cavalli and D&G

I think Asian faces in fashion will rise as China rises, but it's the Westerners that will continue to dominate the industry.

Ai Tominaga for Vivienne Tam:

0074lk.jpg

image-tokyo.co.jp

And then there's this...

agatha02.jpg

tominagaai.jp

She's done Badgley Mischka, Yves Saint Laurent, Hermès, lots more, but I can't seem to find any of those right now...

Also here's Rila for Vivienne Tam:

0792wd.jpg

image-tokyo.co.jp

I want to see Ai's work for Yves Saint Lauren! I heard about it and I want to see it so bad! Thanks for all the pics peeps!

More Hye in Cavalli FW05

r-cavalli_fw2005_group_002.jpg

jozworld

Attachments

• r-cavalli_fw2005_group_003.jpg
    r-cavalli_fw2005_group_003.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 30
  • r-cavalli_fw2005_group_006.jpg
    r-cavalli_fw2005_group_006.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 22
Ayako in Westwood. Awesome.

Hye in D&G, Ujjwala in Dolce&Gabanna and YSL, and Ling in Emporio Armani.

jozworld, supermodels.nl, modelwerk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->