Miu Miu S/S 2007 : Lindsay Lohan by Mert & Marcus

From MiuMiu.com:

About the campaign

The new Spring/Summer 2007 campaign continues our productive dialogue with brand and creative talents, and, more specifically, actors. Fascinated with the dynamics of the interactive process, Miu Miu has always sought to turn its advertising into a platform for creative encounters.

We strive to provide a setting that allows the avant-garde to confront the establishment head-on, in order to fully celebrate individual style and progressive ideas - often through unexpected combinations. To intensely explore the intricacies and diversities of fashion and to reflect fashion's very personal vision of femininity, beauty, and representation - this is Miu Miu's ongoing commitment.

Through the choice of the extremely charismatic Lindsay Lohan, Miu Miu continues to investigate and express the complex and multiple facets of femininity, and the varied and rich personalities of the Miu Miu woman.

It is no secret that great beauty is about more than great looks. Mere aesthetics are infinitely enhanced by charisma, individual style, and and an alluring dose of poise. Lindsay Lohan has these intangible qualities in spades.

To express oneself in public requires both the sensitivity to foster one's character and the confidence to submit it to intense scrutiny. In this sense, Lindsay is a paradox of fearlessness and fragility. It is her strength in confronting her views and feelings and sharing intimacy with the public that has established her identity, both in cinema and in the glossy pages of fashion magazines.

Comfortable and sure of her opinions, she is liable to react to anything, in any way, at any time. On the other hand, her outward toughness and tenacity belie her vulnerability as a young woman. And it is this volatile mixture that keeps you on your guard.

Fashion is "redefinition" by nature; it is what constructs personal identity at a specific moment in time. This campaign is rooted in reality and fantasy - a singular and unique moment captured intimately and intuitively by photographic duo Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott. The minimal setting, stripped of unnecessary information overload, provides the ideal backdrop for Lindsay to elegantly express her unique combination of strength and fragility.

Miu Miu has always believed that fashion is first and foremost a way to express one's individuality. By stepping back from the eccentricity and flare that usually surrounds her, Lindsay gamely participated in a truly transformative moment.
The resulting images are instinctive moments of uninhibited style that vividly portray an extraordinary young woman's singular beauty, self-confidence and character.

She looks so cute here!

cutelindsay7qo.jpg

[miumiu]

I kind of liked the ads better when she wasn't recognizable (ie. the first couple of ads that came out) as opposed to the eyewear ones where it's more obvious that it's Lindsay. I don't know what it is, but I think it's always better for models to do ad campaigns. After all, it is their job!

By the way, how tall is Lindsay Lohan? I always had the impression she isn't that tall, but in the ads, it makes her legs look pretty long!

Sorry if these are reposts, I can't see all the pics in the thread. More backstagepics from MiuMiu.com (lousy screencaps mostly...:(blush:

Oh, and I'm sorry if I'm doing this wrong in some way - I'm still learning all the functions in here...

Attachments

• Miumiu2.jpeg
    Miumiu2.jpeg
    59 KB · Views: 21
  • MiuMiu3.jpeg
    MiuMiu3.jpeg
    71.6 KB · Views: 18
  • MiuMiu4.jpg
    MiuMiu4.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 26
  • MiuMiu5.jpg
    MiuMiu5.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 30
  • MiuMiu6.jpg
    MiuMiu6.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 26
  • MiuMiu7.jpg
    MiuMiu7.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 29
  • MiuMiu8.jpg
    MiuMiu8.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 30
  • MiuMiu9.jpg
    MiuMiu9.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 28
  • MiuMiu10.jpg
    MiuMiu10.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 30
  • MiuMiu11.jpg
    MiuMiu11.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 35
Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if this has been posted before.
Behold the power of photoshop!
Source: miumiu

Skin before:
lilo.jpg

Skin after:
2lo43ep.jpg

I loved her before skin. Those freckles would made the line even better. Carrot red and freckles, rock hard!

new versions are flawless love the eyewear ads..thankyou xtine888 :heart:

misssakura said:
I just wish people would stop instantly crying "PHOTOSHOP!" the second they see a decent ad campaign. :P Way more goes into it than that.

sure, way more has gone into this campaign, but as we've seen from the behind the scenes pics to the final product, there's alot of dressing up and toning down going on here...

i agree with the poster that said, why even use lindsay?
i honestly cannot even recognize her in any of the ads, and i practically look at pics of her in the star style thread every day...:lol:

that being said, i do like the concept of the ads and the styling/hair/makeup but i honestly i think any model could have been made up like that and it would have worked just fine...

kimair said:
i think any model could have been made up like that and it would have worked just fine...
Well.. if they used someone else, there wouldn't be the hype around it and people wouldn't be talking.
They gave her a chance to show that she can be hot and stylish.

I personally love them :heart:

i hate to admit this but the shot where she's sitting with one leg extended and the other bent back is actually very cute.....
i'm not such a fan of the others-

telicious said:
I don't know if this has been posted before.
Behold the power of photoshop!
Source: miumiu

Skin before:

Skin after:
I think you will find quite alot of pictures are photoshopped, even model ones but we dont notice. & I just think Mert & Marcus do it more than others...

As I said before, people would still complain if she hadnt been photoshopped so I dont think miumiu can win.

Jenmarlin said:
Sorry if these are reposts, I can't see all the pics in the thread. More backstagepics from MiuMiu.com (lousy screencaps mostly...:(blush:

Oh, and I'm sorry if I'm doing this wrong in some way - I'm still learning all the functions in here...

Bah... my pics didn't even show up, did they? Haha, sorry - but there ARE more pics att Miumiu.com. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaykaystake
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->