Asia In Campaigns!

The next Asian feautured campaigns we'll have to wait for is Miu Miu, Anna Molinari (Han Hye Jin), and Du Juan's Cavalli and Swarovski.

^ And her YSL right? Or is that a no-show for Du?

There's an article on Asian's in campaigns in my local newspaper last thursday

Asian Currency
Asian actresses and models are making a mark in luxury fashion advertising. Italian label Miu Miu and the French Fashion house of Louis Vuitton have both chosen East Asian beauties to star in their upcoming fall-winter 2006 advertising campaigns.

The Miu Miu Campaign marks the first time an all-Asian cast is plugging a global brand.

Chinese actresses Zhou Xun and Dong Jie and Japanese model Lina Ohta are fronting its ads to be launched next month.

Miu Miu says the three were chosen because they embody the qualities of "elegagance, fragility and naive sensuality".

In the ad, the trio pose as futuristic warrior dolls tryin to overcome conventions set by customs and cultures.

The pics were shot by the reknowned fashion photogrpahy dup from Amsterdam, Inez Van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin.

Another Asian face to look out for in magazines next month is 19-year old Chinese supermodel Du Juan.

The former Miss China is one of Louis Vuitton's seven new faces, who include Naomi Cambell, Kate Mosee, Daria Werbowy, Raquel Zimmermann, Kristina Kruse and Missy Raydar.

They replace Brazillian supermodel Gisele Bundchen, who stars in Louis Vuitton's spring-summer ads.

American rap artist Pharrel Williams will fron the men's ads.

They were shot by London-based duo Mert Alas and MArcus Piggott, who were also responsible for the previous campaigns.

No new pictures but I think it's cool that they didn't mention anything about attracting more Asian consumers but rather highlight thee qualities of the three that made the company want them.

In the 70s there were two big Asian (or mixed-Asian) models that I know of. One was Marie Helvin and I really think she was very underrepresented in advertisements. She graced the cover of British Vogue many times, though :flower: (here 1974/5 www.leninimports.com, by David Bailey). I'm not sure of her heritage but she was born in Japan and grew up in Hawaii. Maybe she's Japanese-American?

I cannot remember seeing her in a single ad from the 70s, even though I've flipped through many an issue recently...

Attachments

• marie_helvin_gallery_8.jpg
    marie_helvin_gallery_8.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 3
This man is freaking beautiful.

Daniel Henney (DNA models)

normal_051115wallpaper18009tu.jpg

normal_img_22_4708_2_1140283925.jpg

normal_img_22_4708_0_1140283925.jpg

asianfanatics.net

love du juan!! i didn't realise ai tominaga was in the gucci ad!! and ling was in the armani one!!! my friends who are friends with ling says that she absolutely friendly .

you have to count Navia Nguyen.. she is the first asian to appear in high fahsion. chanel/dior/Fendi/GAlliano ect

look for her thread!

honestly there are so many asian who have plastic surgery.. really lettin me down although im asian tho

So we all know that the new Miu Miu ad campaign for fw06 features an all Asian Cast (Dong Jie/ Zhou Xun/ Lina Ohta). This is perhaps the first time and all Asian cast is chosen for a big top tiered campaign.

So have any other Asian supermodel or celeb got any high fashion campaigns before? Please post pictures!

And will there be a possibility of more Asians in campaigns the next season? Share your opinions too!

This season, (international campaigns) we have:

FW07

Hye Park: Marc Jacobs, Dolce&Gabbana, GAP, Love Sex Money
Pei Bei: Moschino, Benneton
Han Hye Jin: Moschino
Eugenia Mandzhieva: Moschino
Daul Kim: Moschino
Ai Tominaga: Moschino
Tao Okamoto: Moschino
Won Kim: Benneton
Liu Dan: Guess

Last Season, from what I can remember..theres probably more..maybe:

Hye Park: GAP, H&M
Ai Tominaga: Vivienne Tam, Banana Republic
Julian Imai: Diesel

Geez...what happened to Du Juan :unsure:

^^ Awww, Du's my favorite! :wub:

^ that was cavalli actually. :smile:
Oops! How can I forget? Can you believe a brand that once had Du and Daria now has Kate and Pete? :rofl: It's unbelieveable!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sonic boom
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->