Asian Eyes

I don't think it has anything to do with my having Asian eyes, but I feel it is easier to post my question here since the people posting will not recommend something that will make me look like I got punched or worse.

When I try to apply eyeliner, it doesn't matter how close to the lashline I apply it, it always looks as if I didn't put it close enough and there's a line of skin between the liner and my eyes. I think it is because of the skin in between my eyelashes, but it would take ages to put eyeliner in between them and after adding mascara it still looks weird. What can I do? I've tried with both pencil and gel eyeliner.
Go to 5:18 (or watch it all :D)

Tightligning is the way to go!

One more:

Last edited by a moderator:
fashionified & jjbunny79 - People are stupid. Sometimes, even when these people see hundreds of Asians or even go to Asia, they still stick to only accepting what they define as 'Asian' (I know some people like that). More or less all South East Asians are born with double eyelids/epicanthic fold/whatever you wish to call it. 50% of Chinese are born with double eyelids. I am not sure about all Asian countries, but I think in Korea it is around 25%. Even with a double eyelid, the eye shape, the eyelashes, the depth of the eye socket and even the eyebrows can set you apart as being Asian. From a number of those factors I could definitely tell that fashionified is Asian.

Yeah, I barely know any asians that have mono eyelids. I hate it even more when ignorant fools skew their definition of the term "Asian" to only include "East Asian." :angry:

As said it all depends on the type of lenses:
up_293540.JPG

soompi

Yeah, I barely know any asians that have mono eyelids. I hate it even more when ignorant fools skew their definition of the term "Asian" to only include "East Asian." :angry:
I think that alot of people think only of China when they hear the world Asian or Asia..it's like they forget that Russia and Turkey also is a part of the continent Asia...:innocent:

Hope I didn't upset you by doing that in this thread! I just think it is obvious we are all talking about East Asian eyes, so I didn't feel the need to be specific. :flower:

I noticed that in North America: 'Asian' always only meant East Asian. They do the same in the UK, only 'Asian' means West/South Asians as in India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and so on and so forth. There is never any mention of East Asians apart from the rare utterance about 'Chinese'. No other East Asians exist. :lol:

loonaka - Race/ethnicity and geography are all mismatched today. Since Russians and Turkish people look nothing like what they would expect 'Asians' to look like, they don't 'fit' with their idea of Asia.

Ida - Thank you so much for the videos! I almost forgot to put that because I kept getting interrupted while typing and forgetting how I wanted to phrase everything. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope I didn't upset you by doing that in this thread! I just think it is obvious we are all talking about East Asian eyes, so I didn't feel the need to be specific. :flower:

I noticed that in North America: 'Asian' always only meant East Asian. They do the same in the UK, only 'Asian' means West/South Asians as in India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and so on and so forth. There is never any mention of East Asians apart from the rare utterance about 'Chinese'. No other East Asians exist. :lol:

loonaka - Race/ethnicity and geography are all mismatched today. Since Russians and Turkish people look nothing like what they would expect 'Asians' to look like, they don't 'fit' with their idea of Asia.

Ida - Thank you so much for the videos! I almost forgot to put that because I kept getting interrupted while typing and forgetting how I wanted to phrase everything. :(

I don't think michyed was directing that comment to you, I think it was more of a general statement.

Obviously it is some what more difficult for people with monolids or not that wide Caucasian eyes that lives and has grown up in a western Caucasian country to find makeup looks and tutorials.( does this make any sense? :rofl)

For me I find it hard to do makeup on wider eyes with a big crease since I'm used to my eyes which are different. Growing up I never really knew how to do my eye makeup and I was always searching for Korean or Japanese women to see how they did their make up on the internet.

I think that's why we have this thread to exchange tips and trix. But I don't think that this is only about the shape of the eye but it's also about not being Caucasian..even if you don't have the "typical" what-people-think-of as "Asian" eyes like fashionified she's still "Asian"-looking IMO..I don't mean to offend anyone here..so please don't get me wrong. I don't have anything against fashionified, she's beautiful:blush::flower: It was just to give an example of an "Asian" without the "stereotypical" monolid eyes..I'm rambling now..sorry:blush:

I have pretty big eyes for an asian, but I don't have double eyelids. Sometimes, it's a little hard to do makeup...

I did an Asian spin on the Frida Kahlo look :rofl: I was bored don't judge me :lol:

I have pretty big eyes for an asian, but I don't have double eyelids. Sometimes, it's a little hard to do makeup...

I do a heavy 50's winged eyeliner and it really suits my eye. Try it - I use mac fluidline in Blacktrack and a fine angled brush

fashionified & jjbunny79 - People are stupid. Sometimes, even when these people see hundreds of Asians or even go to Asia, they still stick to only accepting what they define as 'Asian' (I know some people like that). More or less all South East Asians are born with double eyelids/epicanthic fold/whatever you wish to call it. 50% of Chinese are born with double eyelids. I am not sure about all Asian countries, but I think in Korea it is around 25%. Even with a double eyelid, the eye shape, the eyelashes, the depth of the eye socket and even the eyebrows can set you apart as being Asian. From a number of those factors I could definitely tell that fashionified is Asian.

Also, colouring among Asians ranges from very pale skin to very dark skin, from jet black hair and eyes to light brown hair and eyes, all 100% naturally.

People who don't realise this simply haven't been exposed to enough Asian people, or refuse to notice and are therefore ignorant.

I completely agree! I've never encountered any sort of prejudice to this degree as you guys have. I'm appalled! I do think its an matter of ignorance and exposure - I've spent most of my life in very urban areas outside of major cities.

I may joke about Asian stereotypes and things like that with friends, but it has always been about things like math or strict parents or all those usual things. People have made jokes about the whole Asian eye thing, (my eyes appear closed alot in photographs if i'm laughing or smiling alot... or drinking hahaha), but all of this has always been in good humor.

I'm sorry that people have such limited views and perceptions! It's very disappointing - sometimes I forget that not everyone in the world is exposed to different ethnicities and cultures or even able to accept something outside of the normal scope of their lives.

When I try to apply eyeliner, it doesn't matter how close to the lashline I apply it, it always looks as if I didn't put it close enough and there's a line of skin between the liner and my eyes. I think it is because of the skin in between my eyelashes, but it would take ages to put eyeliner in between them and after adding mascara it still looks weird. What can I do? I've tried with both pencil and gel eyeliner.

Tightlining is a good tip! Thanks for the videos. I always struggle with anything really close to my eye, or even with the waterline. I've been able to do a really close line with a chanel eyeliner brush (it has a really small point but it is flat and rectangular... sorry i don't know exactly which one it is, but it's an amazing brush!)

i do the exact same thing diorkiss.

i actually use a nicely packed lip brush to use the fluid line, since my lids are narrow and it defines them perfectly.
i always start with the mac eye base just for extra insurance that it will stay in place. even in humid weather mac fluidline stays.

I knew it was a good thing to include the banana in the picture :rofl:

Tightlining is a good tip! Thanks for the videos. I always struggle with anything really close to my eye, or even with the waterline. I've been able to do a really close line with a chanel eyeliner brush (it has a really small point but it is flat and rectangular... sorry i don't know exactly which one it is, but it's an amazing brush!)

It was The_Ida who posted the videos.

I tried tightlining and it worked like a charm. Eyeliner has never looked so perfect on me before. Thanks again, Ida! :flower:

i like tightlining for a simple look with MAC Blacktrack Fluidline + angled brush and curled lashes of course ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velvetmuse
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->